Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Black_Bart from Douglasville

Black_Bart
    Black_Bart

Black_Bart from Douglasville Empty Black_Bart from Douglasville

Post  Black_Bart 05.06.09 0:30

Hello All...

I'm a newbie... What a Face I am 35 and a Speech Therapist working in Cobb county. I have been interested in this sport for quite a while and just thought might as well give it a try. I'm a Call of Duty gamer...and so this just seems the natural progression to me. I'm looking forward to getting geared up since my visit this week to Airsoft Atlanta. I'm waiting for the UTG M4 to get back into stock and I'll be good to go. I ordered some Multicam tac gear already. I hope I can hook up with some like minded folks and maybe get on a team eventually. Any recommendations on any topic appreciated.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Black_Bart from Douglasville Empty Re: Black_Bart from Douglasville

Post  Lone Wolf 05.06.09 0:58

Black_Bart wrote:Hello All...

I'm a newbie... What a Face I am 35 and a Speech Therapist working in Cobb county. I have been interested in this sport for quite a while and just thought might as well give it a try. I'm a Call of Duty gamer...and so this just seems the natural progression to me. I'm looking forward to getting geared up since my visit this week to Airsoft Atlanta. I'm waiting for the UTG M4 to get back into stock and I'll be good to go. I ordered some Multicam tac gear already. I hope I can hook up with some like minded folks and maybe get on a team eventually. Any recommendations on any topic appreciated.

You have quite a drive from douglasville to cobb. I live in Cobb though.

Welcome to the forum, and airsoft is nothing like CoD4. Its more real...aka the ultimate FPS!!!
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 05.06.09 1:58

Welcome, speech therapist huh? sounds like a nice profession. If you want a good gun you should by my G3, its great and I need cash for a internals. Welcome!
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 05.06.09 6:50

Electioneer wrote: If you want a good gun you should by my G3, its great and I need cash for a internals.

Welcome to the forums....And Yes you should consider checking out the Want to sell thread on here. The guys on this forum
    are +1 and have some quality AEG's for sale at reasonable prices.

Last edited by Q-bald on 06.06.09 10:44; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 05.06.09 8:44

Welcome! Nice to see some other guys from Cobb on here.

As for the UTG, have you already ordered it? Because you can do a good bit better for the money. Externally, it's nice, but internally, it's definitely NOT a $260 gun. I'd say get a G&G M4 (GR-16 Carbine). It's better on the outside slightly and MUCH better on the inside.

But if you're open to buying used, check out the Buy/Sell/Trade section. There's some pretty good guns there for pretty good prices.
    Black_Bart
    Black_Bart

Black_Bart from Douglasville Empty That's what I'm talking about....

Post  Black_Bart 05.06.09 14:08

I really appreciate suggestions like these. That is what I hate about new hobbies...expensive lessons.

I will take all advice in to account. I am willing to spend $300 for my first weapon but would prefer not to waste money.

Thanks Again.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 05.06.09 18:10

Oh, if you're willing to spend $300, and you want an M4, KWA is the way to go. Hands down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 9:34