Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

cheap sniper

Maverick
    Maverick

cheap sniper Empty cheap sniper

Post  Maverick 13.06.09 10:47

http://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=360

Not sure who the manufacturer is but you cant beat the price for the performance they are talkin about.

cheap sniper Empty Re: cheap sniper

Post  Guest 13.06.09 10:55

Please, do not take this as an offensive remark, just something I've learned from both personal experience and observation. These kind of rifles are wastes of money. They are both ineffective and impratical. You are MUCH better off saving up a little more money and getting a MPEG. The only effective bolt action rifles I've encountered and owned require alot of money to put into upgrading. I have not ONCE been taken out by a sniper at Area13, and the only sniper that ever takes me out otherwise is Billy, but his bolt action is extensively modified and he is the best sharpshooter (I stand firm in my position that a sniper in airsoft does not exist, merely a sharpshooter) I've squared off against.

Edit: Please remember, there is MUCH more to accuracy then FPS, FPS means so little. With a bolt-action, you only get that one shot, your primary concern is accuracy, if you have none, you aren't going to get much done.
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post  Maverick 13.06.09 11:51

good point about the sniper vs marksman. I am still learning about the sport but i was impressed with the velocity for the price. I just mainly thought it might be a good platform to upgrade from especially given how cheap it was. But i certainly am not convinced that bolt action is the way to go in airsoft. It severely handicaps you when you are fighting guys that have the same fps and full auto. I learned that the hard way the first time i played
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 13.06.09 12:01

Maverick wrote:good point about the sniper vs marksman. I am still learning about the sport but i was impressed with the velocity for the price. I just mainly thought it might be a good platform to upgrade from especially given how cheap it was. But i certainly am not convinced that bolt action is the way to go in airsoft. It severely handicaps you when you are fighting guys that have the same fps and full auto. I learned that the hard way the first time i played
    Yeah, it's really pretty hard to be effective with a bolt gun. I've only seen a few guys who have done it.

But that gun is a WELL, and it's got a plastic trigger box. Also, upgrades for the Maruzen L96/clones are really expensive and hard to find.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 13.06.09 12:29

Aggressor Dog wrote:Please, do not take this as an offensive remark, just something I've learned from both personal experience and observation. These kind of rifles are wastes of money. They are both ineffective and impratical. You are MUCH better off saving up a little more money and getting a MPEG. The only effective bolt action rifles I've encountered and owned require alot of money to put into upgrading. I have not ONCE been taken out by a sniper at Area13, and the only sniper that ever takes me out otherwise is Billy, but his bolt action is extensively modified and he is the best sharpshooter (I stand firm in my position that a sniper in airsoft does not exist, merely a sharpshooter) I've squared off against.

Edit: Please remember, there is MUCH more to accuracy then FPS, FPS means so little. With a bolt-action, you only get that one shot, your primary concern is accuracy, if you have none, you aren't going to get much done.

I seem to remember that you used to have one of these Paul. What ever happened to it?
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 13.06.09 14:21

I saw no sniper in that link! I only saw a sniper RIFLE!

Anywho, I agree with Paul, your much much better off getting a MPEG.

Post  Guest 13.06.09 23:13

My VSR10 was very upgraded and very nice, but it was not cheap. After a few months of play I stopped using it though, my G3SG1 was just so much better, so I traded it for a brand new TM P90.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 14.06.09 0:02

Aggressor Dog wrote:My VSR10 was very upgraded and very nice, but it was not cheap. After a few months of play I stopped using it though, my G3SG1 was just so much better, so I traded it for a brand new TM P90.

Wasn't referring to your VSR10, I was referring to the piece of crap that you used to keep in your trunk and looked just like this.

Post  Guest 14.06.09 0:17

Hahaha! Yeah that thing, I still have it, tried to sell it, I got it before I even had my first automatic, which was my KWA Mac11. That was back in the springer days, when Stephens DE Shotgun was the assault weapon of all assault weapons Razz .
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 14.06.09 0:20

Oh those were some good times. I had my Swiss Arms Black Eagle M6 lol. I thought that thing was amazing. And now I have no idea what happened to it. I guess it is lost somewhere. Or stolen. I pity whoever stole it though lol. It never worked quite right.

Sorry for thread cluttering, I just realized this was a BST thread, not an offtopic or whatnot. My apologies.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 14.06.09 3:05

reconsniperga wrote:I saw no sniper in that link! I only saw a sniper RIFLE!

Anywho, I agree with Paul, your much much better off getting a MPEG.

The sniper was wearing a sniper rifle ghille suit! Doh!

My brother has a sniper rifle like this and while I am off getting plenty of kills with my AEG he got maybe 2-3 the whole day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 13:13