Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+13
NJSC
weed
MagisterMortis
Takfire
B Boy
sniper2525
Admin
BigD
scooter
Airsoftguy238
Alpine
#CW!!ZERO
Q-bald
17 posters

Score Board

Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Score Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Score Board

Post  Airsoftguy238 15.07.09 19:57

Wow pwny and IC is really close I can't wait to see the comptetion between the two
    B Boy
    B Boy

Post  B Boy 19.07.09 1:03

Here are the scores after todays SAAL GAME

Pwny - 297
    Dagger Unit - 262
    Immortal Casualties - 240
    Cereal Killers- 217
    Brothers Of Plastic - 75
    The Resistance - 64
    Wolf Pack - 40
    Georgia Dragons - 20
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 19.07.09 8:07

Ghost Team- 0
    weed
    weed

Post  weed 19.07.09 14:57

huh, well, its pretty much down to just 4 teams now. interesting.
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 19.07.09 14:58

man, there are gonna be so many make up games.
    weed
    weed

Post  weed 19.07.09 15:13

WP_Radar wrote:man, there are gonna be so many make up games.
    ya, but the problem with make up games is, how fair can they be. The teams that actually showed up had to go threw hard objectives playing other hard teams. Make up teams would be playing a completely different scenario with different objectives that could be harder or easier, there for making it unfair to the teams having to make up, and the teams that have already played the original game. Teams joined the SAAL to play in the league, if they wanted to earn points, you would think they would show up (now I realize things happen, people go on trips, etc, but still.)
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 19.07.09 15:25

weed wrote:
    WP_Radar wrote:man, there are gonna be so many make up games.
    ya, but the problem with make up games is, how fair can they be. The teams that actually showed up had to go threw hard objectives playing other hard teams. Make up teams would be playing a completely different scenario with different objectives that could be harder or easier, there for making it unfair to the teams having to make up, and the teams that have already played the original game. Teams joined the SAAL to play in the league, if they wanted to earn points, you would think they would show up (now I realize things happen, people go on trips, etc, but still.)

touche, but. there doesn't exactly have to be a ghost team. the teams that also have make-ups can play us, or anyone else who has makeups, still leaving everything fair.

Post  Guest 19.07.09 18:53

Not really RADAR, But I thought of a solution to this as well. You could take the two teams in first and second, and have them be the opposing teams, thereby having them defend their titles. First place defending their title as SAAL Champs and second place as the backup team in case the first place team couldnt show to defend.
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 19.07.09 18:55

Aggressor Dog wrote:Not really RADAR, But I thought of a solution to this as well. You could take the two teams in first and second, and have them be the opposing teams, thereby having them defend their titles. First place defending their title as SAAL Champs and second place as the backup team in case the first place team couldnt show to defend.

that would work as well. it would also be a lot more competition, as a sort of penalty for missing games.

Post  Guest 19.07.09 19:02

True enough. I really think that the best and most fair option would be for the first place team at least to be the opposing team in the makeup games, so that they can defend their title. For example, PWNY Express is in the lead right now. If they won the whole thing, and then a month later after make up games they learn that they got beat out by another team, Im sure they'd be far less than thrilled, and it wouldnt seem very fair to them that they had no part in making sure that their title didnt get snatched away from them.
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 19.07.09 19:07

Aggressor Dog wrote:True enough. I really think that the best and most fair option would be for the first place team at least to be the opposing team in the makeup games, so that they can defend their title. For example, PWNY Express is in the lead right now. If they won the whole thing, and then a month later after make up games they learn that they got beat out by another team, Im sure they'd be far less than thrilled, and it wouldnt seem very fair to them that they had no part in making sure that their title didnt get snatched away from them.

Very true, I think this is an excellent solution. Can't wait for my team to go to a game again though, this is number three we've missed.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 19.07.09 23:50

All make up possibities have ended already! That was a one time offer!
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 19.07.09 23:52

Rhino wrote:All make up possibities have ended already! That was a one time offer!

when was it?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 19.07.09 23:53

Ask Alpine... Not sure...
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 19.07.09 23:55

well, if this is the case, WP is 100% out of the competition lol. we have 40 points. haha.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 20.07.09 7:13

Don't ask Alpine I 'm not sure!
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 20.07.09 7:16

Who did you hear that from Rhino ?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 20.07.09 12:11

Alpine wrote:Who did you hear that from Rhino ?

Tak said that was offered to those teams early on and no one contacted you to set a game up, so the offer was over... But hell I dunno!

But I will say this I dont think its fair that a team should be able to make up 2+ games I also think if there is gonna be make up games, then they should play the exact game they missed at the exact field against the teams they should have played.

If anything I think a POLL should be created to see how everyone that is part of the league feels about make up and how it should work. I think the input of other members is very important.

Last edited by Rhino on 20.07.09 13:02; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest 20.07.09 12:24

Well, my opinion is posted above, thats the way I think it should be set up.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 20.07.09 12:46

I thought this was clear among the staff, but looks like it was not and was not officially posted on the forum....

Make up games were offered to the teams that missed SAAL Game 1 and SAAL Game 2.
    None of the teams made arrangements for the make up game, with the exception of Georgia Dragons (who respectfully declined).

There are no other plans for make up games, as this is a league event!
    We will consider some of the good inputs from the players for the SAAL 2010 ruling for the possibility of make up games.

Teams that have missed a significant number of games are encouraged to continue playing in the SAAL to further develop their team work on the field.

It is impossible to define a ghost team that is comparable to the missing team, as the ghost team is usually.....
    a) a last minute decision after registration and a scramble,
    b) composed of available players (on the field and from other teams),
    c) diffcult to gauge their performance as a team,
    d) the performance of the ghost team and team on deck is an opinion and not easily measured.

Another option for the ghost team is to replace the ghost team with the point leaders. Perhaps not fair, but the point leaders would have the task of defending their "title"...similar to Agressor Dog's suggestion for make up games.

AIRDOG will consider all inputs from the players as we pass the halfway point in this year's SAAL.

AIRDOG staff that are not clear on the SAAL rulings or unclear about other details need to communicate by PM or call me! Please do not derail the discussion thread.

Respectfully,

Tak

Last edited by Takfire on 20.07.09 12:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added AIRDOG comment.)
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 20.07.09 13:00

Takfire wrote:I thought this was clear among the staff, but looks like it was not and was not officially posted on the forum....

Make up games were offered to the teams that missed SAAL Game 1 and SAAL Game 2.
    None of the teams made arrangements for the make up game, with the exception of Georgia Dragons (who respectfully declined).

There are no other plans for make up games, as this is a league event!
    We will consider some of the good inputs from the players for the SAAL 2010 ruling for the possibility of make up games.

Teams that have missed a significant number of games are encouraged to continue playing in the SAAL to further develop their team work on the field.

It is impossible to define a ghost team that is comparable to the missing team, as the ghost team is usually.....
    a) a last minute decision after registration and a scramble,
    b) composed of available players (on the field and from other teams),
    c) diffcult to gauge their performance as a team,
    d) the performance of the ghost team and team on deck is an opinion and not easily measured.

Another option for the ghost team is to replace the ghost team with the point leaders. Perhaps not fair, but the point leaders would have the task of defending their "title"...similar to Agressor Dog's suggestion for make up games.

AIRDOG will consider all inputs from the players as we pass the halfway point in this year's SAAL.

Respectfully,

Tak

Thanks for the clarification Tak!
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 20.07.09 13:30

Yea there shouldn't be any make up games in my opinion. They have the SAAL games on certain days for a reason. None of us would have to go to any of the set dates and just make up games when ever we feel like it.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 20.07.09 13:46

i honestly think there should be no make up games, in my opinion i think if a team new they were going to miss alot of games then in the first place they shouldnt have signed up... i am having alot of fun with this leage and think the airdog is doing a great job with it.. they offered make up games in the beggining and now its up so whatever the staff says go's dont argue with them. lets make this a good experience so that we can have more saal games..
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 20.07.09 15:14

Agreed The teams that have already played have played hard and earned their pts. I don't feel it would be fair to any of the teams in this event to lose their place that they have worked for.So thanks for the posting Tak of the official ruling on the make up games.This league was started by players for players and input is very important from players who have a love of the sport.But that input needs to be constructive input that will better this league and sport.Remember the player's are the sport and not the game itself.We are the one's who give this sport life and we should be good steward's to the game and to one another.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 20.07.09 15:15

sniper2525 wrote:i honestly think there should be no make up games, in my opinion i think if a team new they were going to miss alot of games then in the first place they shouldnt have signed up... i am having alot of fun with this leage and think the airdog is doing a great job with it.. they offered make up games in the beggining and now its up so whatever the staff says go's dont argue with them. lets make this a good experience so that we can have more saal games..

Thanks very well said.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content