Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

New Mid cap mags

Q-bald
    Q-bald

New Mid cap mags Empty New Mid cap mags

Post  Q-bald 13.07.09 16:16

I just received my new Mag brand 130 rd mid caps and they all have feeding issues. Is this normal and will they feed well after broken in? Should i lube them yet?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

New Mid cap mags Empty Re: New Mid cap mags

Post  Admin 13.07.09 16:21

Yes, lube them w/ silicon oil. Also, there may be a break-in period.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.07.09 16:24

Admin wrote:Yes, lube them w/ silicon oil. Also, there may be a break-in period.

Ok i have the silicone spray purchased from Airdog. Do i just give a short blast right down the feeding tube?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 13.07.09 16:28

Q-bald wrote:
    Admin wrote:Yes, lube them w/ silicon oil. Also, there may be a break-in period.

Ok i have the silicone spray purchased from Airdog. Do i just give a short blast right down the feeding tube?

If you're confident in taking them apart, check the bottom of the mag for a hex head and simply take them apart, then lube the whole tube. If you aren't, then just give it a spray down the feed tube.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.07.09 16:37

Admin wrote:
    Q-bald wrote:

If you're confident in taking them apart, check the bottom of the mag for a hex head and simply take them apart, then lube the whole tube. If you aren't, then just give it a spray down the feed tube.

LOL...yea i accidentally did that to one already. I was screwing around with the bottom and the spring shot out like a Snake in a brittle can. Scared the crap out of me. The spring was a bear to get back in too.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 19.07.09 11:31

After lubricating I found little to no improvement in these Mid caps. I have found the when I push up on the mag while firing It feeds great! So I guess they just dont sit in my magwell properly? I tried electrical tape to make the mag fit better,but it didnt work.Still have to push up.
    Has anyone else ever had this issue?
    Corpsman
    Corpsman

Post  Corpsman 21.10.09 23:50

I've had similar issues with mine. I used electrical tape to fit them in the rifle more steadily. Worked well, the issue i'm running into now is jamming. The magazine spring appears to be too weak to push all the rounds up. With a few of them, i'll only get fifteen or twenty rounds off before I have to take the magazine out and *tap it on my helmet. Even then, it will likely only get a few more off.

*Read: Smash

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 1:46