Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

Educational Bridge Model

Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Educational Bridge Model Empty Educational Bridge Model

Post  Lone Wolf 30.09.09 22:59

Well for a recent group project, our class had to build these bridges to take a 7 lb "wrecking ball" I just finished the bridge tonight, and my dad and I were looking at it.

The bridge itself, is a cable-stayed design and has cost our entire group a total of about $80 to build. The road ways are made of plexi-glass that is stacked to be exactly 1/2" thick giving it a lot of support. Under the plexi-glass we have a aluminum skeleton that secures it to the 3/32" cables and mounts the plexi-glass. So far I have stacked about 30 lbs in free weights directly in the center of the bridge, and it did not fail...I honestly think it could take over 50 lbs but I'll let you test that. Very Happy ...no refunds

If you know anyone who could use this model, such as a prof/teacher/engineer/ super cool hotwheels toy. Please let me know. If no one buys it, I have to keep it as a yard decoration :/

Starting price $60 - money is divided up equally to the rest of my group, they spent their time and money too on the project. I just think it was a lot for a school project.

Pics up tommorow.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Educational Bridge Model Empty Re: Educational Bridge Model

Post  Lone Wolf 01.10.09 19:37

Video up.

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Educational Bridge Model Empty Re: Educational Bridge Model

Post  NJSC 01.10.09 21:34

now build one out of noodles or cardboard