Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Need for Speed Shift

navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Need for Speed Shift Empty Need for Speed Shift

Post  navyseal1000 06.10.09 17:46

I saw the previews of this game and it looks KICK*** as for as the HELLA GOOD graphics. I'm buying it in a few days and I'll let you know how it goes.
    PS: This thread is to discuss the game itself
    I've played NFS games (all) and Most Wanted was far the best and we will see about this one

EDIT!! Here is a preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxkqsHf3rGk
    firby911
    firby911

Need for Speed Shift Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift

Post  firby911 06.10.09 18:46

Wrong,underground I and II where the best,no question.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.10.09 18:52

Underground 1 didn't really catch my eyes but Underground 2 was killer but still I say MW takes the cake
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 07.10.09 16:58

Forza 3. That is all.

...alright, I'm going to give some reasons why so I don't feel like a jerk for making a useless post.

1) Shift is too strict to be an arcade racer and too loose to be a simulation racer. It goes for the incredibly unfun middle ground. All of the cars slide way too much to be fun (I'm avoiding the word realistic because I've never raced a car, so I can't really say what is and isn't realistic).

2) Forza 3 has 400+ cars and 100 tracks. Shift has 72 cars and 18 tracks.

3) Forza 3 has the rewind button. While some may cry out "You can't rewind in the middle of a real race!", I say yes, you're right. However, I'm playing a videogame to have fun, and hitting the brake one second too late, sending you crashing into the wall, on lap 44 of a 45 lap race, causing you to lose several hours of your time, is not fun.

4) Shift has a way better cockpit view. I'll give it that.

5) Forza 3 is far more customizable. If you like a more arcade race, you can set the difficulty to match that desire. If you want a hardcore simulation, you can set it to that too. If you just want to paint cars, you can do that. Need for Speed has one setting: middle-ground racing.

Also, I would just like to say I'm not one of those people that only like racing games that are meant to be realistic and more serious. I played Most Wanted and loved every second of it. Need for Speed just tries to sit right on the line between arcade and realistic, and fails miserably.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 08.10.09 0:16

How is Forza 3? I love the Forza series. But I just bought Shift today with B-Day cash and it is pretty good. I have to give it 10 out of 10 so far. There could still be some cons that I have not yet discovered. Forza 2 was all the way for real driving though
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 12.10.09 20:22

Just played it and it KICKS DONKEY. I love the graphics and the races, nice and hard to do, gotta love them challenges.
    Cars:
    Tier 4,
    Koenigsegg CCX
    Pagani Zonda R
    Going into the NFS World tour on Xbox live

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20.05.24 13:35