Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

First LiPo Build

Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

First LiPo Build Empty First LiPo Build

Post  Lone Wolf 07.10.09 23:27

A while ago, being 2 years. I bought my first AEG, a JG G36C. Now I am looking to sell the gun within the next 6 months, but I plan to make the gun LiPo compatible by adding a few mods.

I already short stroked the sector gear and adjusted the AoE on the piston. However I had to mod my piston to prevent it from stripping by shifting the single metal tooth back far enough. I am not impressed by my labor. When the piston is on the return cycle it slams into the sector teeth noisily and it kind of worries me. So obviously a new piston is a high priority, not only for the health of the internals, but also for stealth. A solid piston would be a lot less noisy than the one I modded for the job.

Question: I need this piston to be really light but strong like a G&P white piston, but I need a cheaper alternative if there is any. Anyone want to help me out and post some links on what you experienced to have those results?

My next goal is to make the gun LiPo compatible. So far I only have a list and a very basic understanding of how the LiPo set up should work. Anyways, I created a list on what I need.
    --->18 AWG rewired and deans. ( Slob, go to cheapbatterypacks.com and click on materials....you'll frickin your pants)
    --->EG 1000 High Speed motor
    --->MOSFET. I already have a great source for that. If any of you know spamman from Infected Airsoft from GA. He is the guy to talk to if you want a MOSFET.
    --->Reinforced GB shell w/ 6mm bushings.

That is pretty much IT for my list. If anyone has advice that can steer me to make better decisions on what to/or not to do with this build please post. ...The lipo and lipo regulator will not be included Razz
    I appreciate all the help I can get.
    Rhino
    Rhino

First LiPo Build Empty Re: First LiPo Build

Post  Rhino 07.10.09 23:59

Lone Wolf wrote:--->18 AWG rewired and deans. ( Slob, go to cheapbatterypacks.com and click on materials....you'll frickin <CENSOR> your pants).
    your gonna want 16 gauge and deans

Lone Wolf wrote:--->EG 1000 High Speed motor.
    EG1000 is not a really great motor, its decent but your better off with a Matrix turbo, Guarder high speed, or G&P M120

Lone Wolf wrote:--->MOSFET. I already have a great source for that. If any of you know spamman from Infected Airsoft from GA. He is the guy to talk to if you want a MOSFET
    They are decent but I have had failures with his Mosfets (I have bought some from him when I didnt have any and was in a bind) You may have seen the video posted here on the forum of my G&P tank going haywire well that happened from his mosfet failing

Lone Wolf wrote:--->Reinforced GB shell w/ 6mm bushings.
    You honestly dont need a reinforced shell, they are actually reinforced in areas that dont fail anyways so they are a waste of money, but if you insist on a "reinforced" shell do NOT get a 6mm. I repeat do NOT get a 6mm shell they are by far the worst shell! get atleast a 7mm or a 8mm for best reliabity!

Lone Wolf wrote:The lipo and lipo regulator will not be included Razz
    I appreciate all the help I can get.
    Not sure what you mean by regulator?? never heard of that.

I have everything you will need at the shop when your ready. I can surely beat cheapbatterypacks.com on wiring and deans. Also as far as pistons. The best for a reasonable price is a deepfire full tooth. I would recommend trashing that sector gear and getting a set of high speed gears. first of all you need to figure out what your goal is for ROF. I have gotten over 30 RPS with stock gears, Matrix turbo motor and a 11.1v lipo.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 08.10.09 16:34

Not sure what you mean by regulator?? never heard of that.

I am not really sure either to be quite honest. But I saw it as some device that reduces the lipo's current fluctuations and that good stuff...

Thanks for the advice Ryan I may be placing a order soon, because I need mo guns!!!
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 08.10.09 18:02

Yeah just let me know if I can help you!
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 08.10.09 18:26

Well actually, there is some other help.

I was recommended to use this piston when I posted this same post. http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-high-speed-full-teeth-piston-metal-teeth-strip-airsoft-gearbox-p-30044.html But I am wondering if Airdog has anything similar to that...maybe a G&P white?

I also found a gearset a while ago. I thought about using. Now I have considered just keeping the genuine ratio which are in pretty good shape. They are hardened steel and I short stroked them with the proper stone grit and everything. However I am no expert in experience. How long would you say this kind of mod would be able to work without any major screw ups? Now this stock gearset, I have kept pretty well maintained. It is shimmed properly according to the countless people I asked before I even opened up the gearbox for the first time, and I clean / relube the gears on average about 10,000 rds or so because I have had problems or wanted to make a few adjustments. A while ago, Aaron found these gears to give him good results:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-aeg/gears-gear-sets/shs-super-high-speed-gear-set-for-gearbox-v2-3-13-1.html

Again, thanks for the help Ryan.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 08.10.09 20:24

Lone Wolf wrote:Well actually, there is some other help.

I was recommended to use this piston when I posted this same post. http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-high-speed-full-teeth-piston-metal-teeth-strip-airsoft-gearbox-p-30044.html But I am wondering if Airdog has anything similar to that...maybe a G&P white?

I also found a gearset a while ago. I thought about using. Now I have considered just keeping the genuine ratio which are in pretty good shape. They are hardened steel and I short stroked them with the proper stone grit and everything. However I am no expert in experience. How long would you say this kind of mod would be able to work without any major screw ups? Now this stock gearset, I have kept pretty well maintained. It is shimmed properly according to the countless people I asked before I even opened up the gearbox for the first time, and I clean / relube the gears on average about 10,000 rds or so because I have had problems or wanted to make a few adjustments. A while ago, Aaron found these gears to give him good results:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-aeg/gears-gear-sets/shs-super-high-speed-gear-set-for-gearbox-v2-3-13-1.html

Again, thanks for the help Ryan.

I have broke both of those pistons. The matrix is just ok.... The G&P is not that great either. Those ehobby gears are pretty nice. I have used them with good results. My recommendations on pistons is either the deepfire full titanium tooth, or the airdog elite piston which is the only piston me and my beta testers have not broke. It has been working flawlessly at over 50rps. Another piston I have not got around to testing is http://cgi.ebay.com/Storm-Tech-Airsoft-MAX-Pressure-AEG-Piston-Full-Teeth_W0QQitemZ180401835334QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a00c98d46
    I have heard its a decent piston and has done well in High ROF setups.

As far as the short stroked gears I would NOT use them. short stroking IMHO is a waste of time. Each tooth removed is only worth 4% more rate of fire (if my memory serves me correct). If you take of 3 teeth thats 12% if the gun was doing 25 before the mod then its only gonna be 28 after the mod.

I normally recommend that people short stroke the sector gear from the pick up end if they must do the mod. This is to ensure that the timing between tappet plate release and piston release does not go out of sync. However, there is usually still enough headroom for most setups even if people short stroked from the release end of the sector gear, but I do not suggest doing so. A lot of air seal problems start occurring when people push the ROF higher than the timing headroom provided. In such situations, the only option left is to modify the tappet plate for earlier release. So in short you can encounter issues with short stroking!

Last edited by Rhino on 08.10.09 20:58; edited 1 time in total
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 08.10.09 20:36

Then I may just try the SHS Hi-speed set. Then guinea pig that new piston and see what results I get. Very Happy

...thats great, thanks.

EDIT: Just to add. The only reason I should "Short Stroke" this set up is for accuracy. Right now with my current mods I am getting <2" spreads which I am obviously proud of.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 01.05.24 20:51