Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
flipa
Twitch
-a|ex
7 posters

KWA m4 not firing on semi

-a|ex
    -a|ex

KWA m4 not firing on semi Empty KWA m4 not firing on semi

Post  -a|ex 05.01.11 16:07

hey Flipa, i took your broken KWA mechbox apart again and found out why it wasn't firing on semi-auto.
    whoever sold you that KWA did a crappy fix on the broken case post. it no longer stops the trigger switch correctly and doesn't allow the trigger lever to line up with the switch after the cutoff level engages.

i'll do a temporary fix, but i recommend a new gearbox case.

please ignore the bad solder/wire job. it was removed from Flipa's G&G M4 (mosfet-lipo) and i didn't want to retrim the wires too short.

-a|ex
    Twitch
    Twitch

KWA m4 not firing on semi Empty Re: KWA m4 not firing on semi

Post  Twitch 05.01.11 16:54

Maybe next time a post like this should be taken to the pms rather than an individual topic?
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 05.01.11 18:10

Twitch wrote:Maybe next time a post like this should be taken to the pms rather than an individual topic?

Well might aswell post it here so people could see and point out opinions.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 05.01.11 18:15

edited

Last edited by sniper2525 on 05.01.11 19:15; edited 1 time in total
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 05.01.11 18:59

sniper2525 wrote:god i dont want to even explain how this was fixed bc everyone one here has no idea what they are doing besides select few! FYI the original kwa gearboxes are junk

that's not nice at all
    to learn you must do
    and arrogance is just that
    if you don't want to explain it then don't
    but don't knock all the other users
    and i think that kwa was worked on by one of the select few
    remember you are only as good as your piers say you are,not how good you say you are
    not busting on you
    just saying
    be kind-be nice-then shoot people
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 05.01.11 19:12

ok here i will explain, the original kwa gbs are notorious for that pin breaking. so to fix it a screw must be placed in the same spot to replace it. It's a temporary fix for the most part and i beleive it lasted the original owner a long time. It just so happened to break now, the only way to realy fix it is to replace the gb shell. I recomend the modify 8mm
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 05.01.11 20:05

let me clarify why the post broke, the trigger return spring was most likely too tight adding more than the required pressure to the post. the bolt fix is not a bad idea, just the execution was poor. a larger bolt would have been preferred, but then again, the excess spring tension was the main problem.

i replaced the spring with a weaker one to prevent the post from moving any farther. i also put plastic insulation on the bolt to give it a larger diameter so the switch doesn't push out too far. this is a temporary fix until flipa can figure out what he wants to do.

this was posted publicly so anyone that has similar problems can google it and find this post on why it's not firing on semi-auto. i'm not one to say that kwa gearboxes are junk. after all, AEG's are toys and will break. i have spare gearboxes just for this reason.

-a|ex
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 05.01.11 20:34

I don't know who we are referring to as one of the select few that worked on this gun. But I and maybe 2 other people (Trent not being one of the 2 people as he didnt even know about Airdog back then) actually know the whole history of this gun and who actually did that "fix" that was done 2 years ago! All I am gonna say is I nor and of the "select few" did this. So what ever! Also I do this fix several times a week thanks to the poorly built JG M4's! This happens to EVERY clone V2 at some point in time. It also use to be a problem for the Taiwan built KWA's back years ago. So Maybe everyone should just ask questions before jumping to conclusions.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 05.01.11 21:17

Here are pictures of that gun from 2 years ago and the hand in that picture is not mine!
    KWA m4 not firing on semi IPhone008
    KWA m4 not firing on semi IPhone009

Post  |337 05.01.11 22:42

Ryan, you sure that isn't the one that I bought way back when? I bought a KWA with that problem, it ended up with a new box and got sold to somebody in California.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 06.01.11 0:14

|337 wrote:Ryan, you sure that isn't the one that I bought way back when? I bought a KWA with that problem, it ended up with a new box and got sold to somebody in California.

I would have to see the other side of the gear box to know if it was one I did. None the less I think it has been pointed out that it is more of a temp fix that may end up lasting forever, who knows. I know all machined screws I use are lock tighten in place. Who knows.... If it was one I did it would have been covered under labor warranty. But guns switch hands so many times around here its hard to tell what gun is what now days! I just hate how people just start bashing right away (This is intended to all parties including Trent)! If someone wants to help others that's Good but lets make that be known and not start bashing.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.01.11 12:48

Rhino wrote:
    |337 wrote:Ryan, you sure that isn't the one that I bought way back when? I bought a KWA with that problem, it ended up with a new box and got sold to somebody in California.

I would have to see the other side of the gear box to know if it was one I did. None the less I think it has been pointed out that it is more of a temp fix that may end up lasting forever, who knows. I know all machined screws I use are lock tighten in place. Who knows.... If it was one I did it would have been covered under labor warranty. But guns switch hands so many times around here its hard to tell what gun is what now days! I just hate how people just start bashing right away (This is intended to all parties including Trent)! If someone wants to help others that's Good but lets make that be known and not start bashing.

+100
    it just seems that you get a lot of that don't work
    and you don't know but i do
    help'em don't knock'em
    if you know more that's great but remember others are learning as well

i mess crap up all the time with my guns and if i can't fix it then i will send it to airdog.so far i have been lucky my guns shoot good.
    today i am jacking around with my ics m4 and it shoots great--but can it get better or will i break it??
    in the end be cool-help others-and have fun

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 11:06