Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
Andy
schuft
capt_camo
Ghost
Newnan Airsoft Player
AK-Andrew
LORD TYRANT
ownage1
G force
Silent_Option
xyzpdq0121
15 posters

Team A.A.R.P. Now Forming

xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Team A.A.R.P. Now Forming Empty Team A.A.R.P. Now Forming

Post  xyzpdq0121 21.03.11 15:00

Announcement: Team A.A.R.P. (Advanced Airsoft Recon Platoon) is now forming.

We have three members at this time, looking for a few more. We have been playing at Georgetown and S.S. but looking to branch out to other fields. Be in on the ground floor and help shape the team. We are working on web-sites, patches, etc.

Open to all players 25 years of age or older. As the name suggests, we are an OLDER airsoft team. (If you don't get why then you ARE too young, LOL!) Younger players, i.e. kids of the members, are allowed to play with the group but membership will be restricted to us old timers. There are no uniform, weapon, or experience restrictions at this time.

Just a couple of "old" guys looking for some fun! So if you are interested in forming up, let me know!

Update 06/07/2011:
    Team AARP is going strong and we would like to announce our new Website/forums that are under construction at www.TeamAARP.com. From here, interested parties can interact with our members, find out when the next team game days or OPs are, and read our reviews and articles. So feel free to check it out.

Last edited by xyzpdq0121 on 07.06.11 10:56; edited 1 time in total
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Team A.A.R.P. Now Forming Empty Re: Team A.A.R.P. Now Forming

Post  Silent_Option 28.03.11 12:49

My brother and I may have some serious interest in this team. I;m kind of tied up at this point, and he kinda just goes where i do, but i may be in touch!

It's hard to find organizations near us that are for the not kids population.

I personally admire teams like Green Mountain Rangers and what they do, although they do go a little overboard with some stuff, I believe organization and training makes anything i do more enjoyable.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.03.11 13:48

Silent_Option wrote:My brother and I may have some serious interest in this team. I;m kind of tied up at this point, and he kinda just goes where i do, but i may be in touch!

It's hard to find organizations near us that are for the not kids population.

I personally admire teams like Green Mountain Rangers and what they do, although they do go a little overboard with some stuff, I believe organization and training makes anything i do more enjoyable.

We would love to have ya. Right now it is just three of us and we are still getting things straight. I respect Jag-12 and Green Mountain too and what they do, I am just not sure that I can commit 3-4 days a month to airsoft with all the challenges that start to happen as you get older. It is ok that you are tied up right now, that is the whole point of the team. It is the difference between older teams and younger teams, we have kids, a wife, and a life! Smile But, I too believe that some organization and training is a good thing and all makes the sport more enjoyable. I have tried to go lone wolf in some of these games and it is just not as much fun as working together.

Just let me know, I know at least 2 of us 4 will be up at Georgetown this next weekend again of OP Ranch Hand. Then I know I am the only one going to SC:GA game.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 28.03.11 14:00

Ok, kids are whats got me tied up, well really just one and the fact that its tought o commit to something now without a little forethought or planning. I'm going to try to come out to georgetown this weekend but im not sure. My bro wanted to go with me and since he works nights i dont know when he would be able to make the 9:00 am briefing.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.03.11 14:11

Well, if you can not make it, send your bro up. There will be two of us up there and we will show him the field and take him under our wing (for what that is worth). Smile I usually make the trip up from Gwinnett and get there around 8:30 or 9:00 and John makes the trip up from Jonesboro and gets there around the same time. So one of us should be there to welcome him and get him squared away.

Ya, our other "member" has his kid's spring break starting that week so he is going to the beach so he will not be there, but the more the marrier. If he needs some gear to get trimmed out, I am sure we have some extra knee pads, gloves, goggles, radios or whatever. My extra AEG is down and I do not know if I will have it working by then, but if it is, he is more than welcome to it.
    G force
    G force

Post  G force 28.03.11 14:15

If I was closer to the metro area I would be very interested. Me (40) and my best friend (49) usealy woop up on the young-ins down here dispite all there trash talk. We play just as hard if not harder than them we just pay for it more the next day. It's sad when goodys and moltrin are part of your load out.
    I think it would be fun to have a big game; old timers aginist the young ones that would be a show down for sure!

The AARP just makes me crack up! Is that a intentonal play on America Association of Retired People?
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.03.11 14:22

G force wrote:If I was closer to the metro area I would be very interested. Me (40) and my best friend (49) usealy woop up on the young-ins down here dispite all there trash talk. We play just as hard if not harder than them we just pay for it more the next day. It's sad when goodys and moltrin are part of your load out.
    I think it would be fun to have a big game; old timers aginist the young ones that would be a show down for sure!

The AARP just makes me crack up! Is that a intentonal play on America Association of Retired People?

LOL!!! Ya Advil is part of my load out for sure. I save the goodies for when i think John (47) is about to have a heart attack!!! He got pissed this past weekend when some kid called him "pops" while telling him to go cover a window in CQB! LOL... I thought he was going to take him over his knee and whip him!!!

Yep, AARP is a play on the words.. It kind of fits and is light hearted. Like I said, we are all getting up there in years but we can still play. Plus, we have the wisdom to enjoy every day out playing because we know we could die of a stroke the day after! Smile

If you get up to play in our area (or when we make it down to Newnan and BFE where you are) we would love to play with ya. Again, we know that people live all over the place and have families and what not. "Membership" is not gained by making 4 practices a week. Just a group of "old" guys with the same hobby that like to play together.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 28.03.11 18:53

xyzpdq0121 wrote:Well, if you can not make it, send your bro up. There will be two of us up there and we will show him the field and take him under our wing (for what that is worth). Smile I usually make the trip up from Gwinnett and get there around 8:30 or 9:00 and John makes the trip up from Jonesboro and gets there around the same time. So one of us should be there to welcome him and get him squared away.

Ya, our other "member" has his kid's spring break starting that week so he is going to the beach so he will not be there, but the more the marrier. If he needs some gear to get trimmed out, I am sure we have some extra knee pads, gloves, goggles, radios or whatever. My extra AEG is down and I do not know if I will have it working by then, but if it is, he is more than welcome to it.

Well thanks, thats very nice of you. Hes got most of what he would need just aquire things as he goes. If and when we or myself make it to georgetown i will definetly give you the holler! Sounds like yall are our kind of people. I would just barely make the cut-off at 25 ( young grasshopper status ) and my brother is 30.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 29.03.11 10:28

G force wrote:It's sad when goodys and moltrin are part of your load out.

YA, a young vs old game would be great! OP Youth Revolt?
    The young people would try to take over the golf course while the older people would storm the arcade lol.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 29.03.11 14:06

sound's good too me i am in for anything that i don't have to babysit ay one or worry about some kid getting me KIA , when is the going to be a team meeting
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 29.03.11 17:19

I'm down as well....."Death to the Whippersnappers!!! Twisted Evil " LoL!
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 29.03.11 17:34

Sweet Silent_option, Tyrant and Andrew.. I will shoot you a PM later tonight when I am not using the site from my phone kind of introducing you to everyone and getting you involved in some stuff. We can talk, make sure we are on the same page and a good fit and go from there. We are still in the forming stages (getting a patch together, getting a website going, and figuring out what we want from a team, etc) but that is part of the fun.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 29.03.11 17:35

ownage1 wrote:
    G force wrote:It's sad when goodys and moltrin are part of your load out.

YA, a young vs old game would be great! OP Youth Revolt?
    The young people would try to take over the golf course while the older people would storm the arcade lol.

We would not want to send you crying home to mommy... What is it you kids say now-a-days....You would get pwned?!?
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 29.03.11 20:19

AARP? Do you have to be over 50 to join?
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 29.03.11 20:43

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:AARP? Do you have to be over 50 to join?

What if you have a pre existing condition?
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 29.03.11 21:10

Ghost wrote:

LOL
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 30.03.11 8:39

Ghost wrote:

We are old... We all have pre-existing conditions!!!

PM sent to all interested. What a Face

We will be playing at Georgetown for OP: Ranch Hand this weekend for all interested in coming up.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 30.03.11 19:26

I would love to come but not enough funds
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 30.03.11 19:40

LORD TYRANT wrote: I would love to come but not enough funds

I tip $10 for you to lug my gear around for the day. Think of it as an airsoft caddy!! Wink
    capt_camo
    capt_camo

Post  capt_camo 30.03.11 20:43

I'm interested and I'm sure my son would like to hear more. We play at Georgetown every now and then. We both meet the age requirements.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 31.03.11 8:08

capt_camo wrote: I'm interested and I'm sure my son would like to hear more. We play at Georgetown every now and then. We both meet the age requirements.

Great Camo! I sent you a PM...

Looks like we are shaping up nicely with a squad on the South side and one on the North side. Everyone who was interested, please check your PM box. Silent_option just informed me that he did not get a notification that I sent a PM but there was one in his box that I sent to everyone interested a day or two ago. I have asked for a sub-forum but am waiting on Admin to approve.
    schuft
    schuft

Post  schuft 31.03.11 14:46

Looking Good.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 02.04.11 12:02

Hhmmm...this looks pretty good. I am in Newnan. Unfortunately, my present work schedule has me working Saturdays for at least the next 6 weeks.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 02.04.11 14:43

Andy wrote:Hhmmm...this looks pretty good. I am in Newnan. Unfortunately, my present work schedule has me working Saturdays for at least the next 6 weeks.

Maybe you can get some free time soon, your knowledge would be a great asset!
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 03.04.11 8:40

Andy wrote:Hhmmm...this looks pretty good. I am in Newnan. Unfortunately, my present work schedule has me working Saturdays for at least the next 6 weeks.

Again, that is perfectly alright... We will play a few Sunday games too in that time frame! I'll send you the info anyways.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 21:23