Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Project stubby.

cykotik1
    cykotik1

Project stubby. Empty Project stubby.

Post  cykotik1 10.04.11 15:48

I'm wanting to convert my Combat Machine into a stubby. I was looking at the JBU Kurz conversion kit and hit a snag. The rail system is only 3.75 inches. Will it accommodate a peq box without getting in the way? And, what would be a good choice for a peq box that accommodates a 9.6v battery? I don't plan on rewiring the gun and leaving the battery up front, because I might change directions and turn it into a M4 pistol.
    russianairsoftkid
    russianairsoftkid

Project stubby. Empty Re: Project stubby.

Post  russianairsoftkid 31.05.11 8:27

I recommend the ICS PEQ from airsoft atlanta. its only $54 and it can hold welll over a 9.6V

Post  Guest 31.05.11 9:35

ONLY 54$? Try online, some nice PEQs around there. I had a similar problem with the VLTOR I have. I ended up switching to a 7.4v LiPo, a really tiny one, only 1000mAh, but still 20c output. Got three of those for seven bucks a piece, fit them into a great looking but cheap PEQ15, which cost me around 12$.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/battery-packs-cases/ea-an-peq-15-battery-case-black.html

You can fit some small 7.4v LiPos in there, they discharge at the same rate if not a little higher than a 9.6v. Its what I use on one of my weapons and I have been very pleased. It's about the smallest PEQ you can get.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 31.05.11 11:05

Aggressor wrote:ONLY 54$? Try online, some nice PEQs around there. I had a similar problem with the VLTOR I have. I ended up switching to a 7.4v LiPo, a really tiny one, only 1000mAh, but still 20c output. Got three of those for seven bucks a piece, fit them into a great looking but cheap PEQ15, which cost me around 12$.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/battery-packs-cases/ea-an-peq-15-battery-case-black.html

You can fit some small 7.4v LiPos in there, they discharge at the same rate if not a little higher than a 9.6v. Its what I use on one of my weapons and I have been very pleased. It's about the smallest PEQ you can get.

+1 on this. I think this will be your best bet. i have this peq and its about half the size of a standard crabine length handguard, which is about 7 inches, so it will work great with that 3.5" stubby rail. Getting the battery in and out is a little bit of a pain with the 3 small hex heads, but you dont have to worry about losing that battery door. The whole peq would fall off before the battery door would.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 1:08