Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies. Empty Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies.

Post  Admin 24.04.11 17:21

Well, I got done with Recruit Training and found that I had money. So I did the sensible, responsible thing and quickly spent half of it on a 16" Bushmaster AR15 with Magpul MOE furniture, a couple of FDE MagLevel Pmags, and about 160 rounds of 5.56.

Sorry about the crappy Iphone pics/video

Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies. Photo210

Paul and I plinking near Dahlonega:

Executing a Box Drill (Pair in the chest on one target, switch targets, pair in the chest, one in the head/pelvis, switch to the original target, one in the head/pelvis) showing my brother the two different kinds of pairs, hammered (two quick shots w/ one sight picture, first two shots) and controlled (one shot, line up a new sight picture on same point of aim, one more shot, shown on the 3rd and 4th shots)

Not a fan of the Magpul flip up rear sight. Love everything else though.
    flipa
    flipa

Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies. Empty Re: Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies.

Post  flipa 25.04.11 22:38

Of course I'd be dead jealous.

Not a fan of vert grips over non-rails though, but whatever works.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies. Empty Re: Got a new toy - Bushmaster AR-15 w/ Magpul goodies.

Post  Admin 26.04.11 0:18

Yeah. I want to move to a rail system sometime, but keep in mind that a decent RS rail costs well over $200. And if it's between a rail system and an EOtech, I'll go w/ the EOtech.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 26.04.11 0:49

Admin wrote:Yeah. I want to move to a rail system sometime, but keep in mind that a decent RS rail costs well over $200. And if it's between a rail system and an EOtech, I'll go w/ the EOtech.

Aren't AR handguards known for melting when the gun is used for an extensive amount of time and begins to heat up? Or is that just a myth? I'd expect the Magpul handguard to hold up since that material is better than the usual plastic guards.

Post  Guest 26.04.11 1:44

I can't see that happening unless you were putting down an obscene amount of ammunition in a very short amount of time, in which case, I would expect the receiver to split of the barrel to fail first.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 26.04.11 8:22

The plastic might melt if you put a massive ammount of rounds thru it agreed i'd say the receiver would fail and the barrel would warp before u got the plastic to melt

IMO josh the gun is awesome go with the EO & search craigslist or some real steel forums u could probably find a rail system for it cheap
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 26.04.11 21:16

KAC RAS's can be had for about 125-150. But I would get something longer then a 7 inch rail. I have recently build a 14.5 middy, with a moe handguard and so far this is my favorite set up. (besides the Moe handguard, I will be switching to either a DD rail or a Troy rail soon)

Also, Stay away from Eotech's. They are not the best option. I have had all sorts of optics and the aimpoint T-1 is by far the best. You can get a comp2 for like 250.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 0:57