Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke

HavenUnitOctopus

aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke Empty aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 28.04.11 18:19

so what i am looking for is a 8mm gearbox that can handle a metal piston head i was thinking modify http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_518&products_id=31806
    the only reason i say that because i have had the problem when something went wrong and i couldn't just look at the gears unless i took it apart haha easy for me,or does airdog have any shells. I would rather buy locally than pay shipping.
    Rhino
    Rhino

aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke Empty Re: aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke

Post  Rhino 28.04.11 20:24

I have said it plenty of times those matrix/aim gearboxes suck! That modify is good. Although someone recently had one fail.
    HavenUnitOctopus

aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke Empty Re: aimtop sucks haha v2 gearbox shell broke

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 28.04.11 20:29

Yep i agree now but the internals i haven't had a problem with hahaha well expect for the trigger wiring haha. Well modify i think i may be going with unless somebody has a different one they recommend.
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 30.04.11 13:52

G&P makes some decent gearboxes for cheap.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 30.04.11 20:22

i'm not a fan of metal pistons. that's what broke the modify gearbox (wasn't radius'd). it was a JBU full aluminum piston/ph with no sorbo or extra padding on the cylinder head. i'm switching all my AEG's to SHS 14 teeth rack with guarder/element poly heads.

also, don't forget to locktite your piston head screw.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 30.04.11 22:08

Haha now that u say hahaha first thing that happend was my aluminum piston head broke off had to find a new screw. I think I will change back to a PC piston head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 12:50