Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight

mwilson
    mwilson

help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight Empty help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight

Post  mwilson 10.07.11 19:35

im looking at getting a new flashlight for my m4.im looking at getting something around $60.id like to have a pressure pad. two of the lights im looking at are:
    http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=flash&level1=LED_Flashlight&level2=&itemno=LT-EL338&status=&mtrack=1m
    and
    http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/UTG_Combat_Xenon_Flashlight_with_Mount_260_Lumens_p/44266.htm

the major differences are that the first is LED and the second is xenon. the thing i want to know is which would be better xenon or LED?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight Empty Re: help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight

Post  Admin 10.07.11 19:42

mwilson wrote:im looking at getting a new flashlight for my m4.im looking at getting something around $60.id like to have a pressure pad. two of the lights im looking at are:
    http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=flash&level1=LED_Flashlight&level2=&itemno=LT-EL338&status=&mtrack=1m
    and
    http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/UTG_Combat_Xenon_Flashlight_with_Mount_260_Lumens_p/44266.htm

the major differences are that the first is LED and the second is xenon. the thing i want to know is which would be better xenon or LED?

I personally wouldn't go with either of those, as the durability isn't there and they have a decent chance of crapping out after a couple months of use.

LED is generally going to be better. The only reason I'd use Xenon is if I was going to be getting an IR filter and using it with NVG's as LED's don't put off much radiation in the IR spectrum.

I'd look into the 4sevens flashlights, they're going to be in your price range and will be better than the UTG/Leapers garbage. You'll have to buy your own mount though, but if you get a 1" diameter flashlight you can go to WalMart/Dicks and get a 1" scope ring for like $8 and use that. Also might have to buy your own pressure pad, which will be like $25 for a decent one.
    mwilson
    mwilson

help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight Empty Re: help selecting a new weapon mounted flashlight

Post  mwilson 10.07.11 19:43

do they have anything for around 60$ at airdog?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 10.07.11 19:59

yes
    they have a couple of lights in that price range
    i have been using one that i got from tak since op fear
    good thing about getting one from airdog
    they do alot of games
    so they don't sell crap stuff
    if they did chances are good that it would crap out at one of ther games
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 10.07.11 20:16

poopdaddy wrote:yes
    they have a couple of lights in that price range
    i have been using one that i got from tak since op fear
    good thing about getting one from airdog
    they do alot of games
    so they don't sell crap stuff
    if they did chances are good that it would crap out at one of ther games

what do you use?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 11:00