Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
RIP
Blaze
vorter
7 posters

KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol)

vorter
    vorter

KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol) Empty KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol)

Post  vorter 14.10.11 23:06

So, I'm considering purchasing a new sidearm as my HFC P226 broke. (Anyone intrested?)
    I have a budget of $160 max, and i'm looking at the KWA ATP.

My #1 priority is reliability, because my P226 constantly had problems with it.
    #2 priority is low price.

Any advice?
    Blaze
    Blaze

KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol) Empty Re: KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol)

Post  Blaze 14.10.11 23:25

Airdog Airsoft sells the KWA ATP for 130.00$
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 15.10.11 17:49

pretty much any Kwa pistol is going to be really good
    only one to watch out for is the kwa m9, Ive heard of/seen those guns have problems
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 15.10.11 17:59

For 165, you could get a KWA Mark II PTP. From what I hear they are really nice.
    KWA ATP (Adaptive Training Pistol) 2598a

But pretty much any KWA is going to be good.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 15.10.11 21:44

Just bought the ATP, very lightweight and feels nice.
    The threads suck and fall off the barrel very easily.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 15.10.11 23:46

vorter wrote:Just bought the ATP, very lightweight and feels nice.

Its just super glued on so its easily removable. The threads aren't there for a silencer. They would have to be glued or epoxied better.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 16.10.11 1:54

Rhino wrote:
    vorter wrote:Just bought the ATP, very lightweight and feels nice.

Its just super glued on so its easily removable. The threads aren't there for a silencer. They would have to be glued or epoxied better.

Yeah the silencer doesn't work well with the threads so I might just keep the threads off.

It's been working great except for a problem where I fire a few shots and then the gun shoots all the gas out of the barrel.
    I read somewhere that I have to break it in and lube the hammer a bunch to fix it, i'll try that and see if it keeps occurring.
    Otherwise i'll use the warranty.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 16.10.11 12:40

vorter wrote:

Yeah the silencer doesn't work well with the threads so I might just keep the threads off.

It's been working great except for a problem where I fire a few shots and then the gun shoots all the gas out of the barrel.
    I read somewhere that I have to break it in and lube the hammer a bunch to fix it, i'll try that and see if it keeps occurring.

i saw these exact things happening to a guy at venom who had one, we put a silencer on it and it pulled the tip off and then we couldnt get the tip out of the silencer, and the slide would lock in the middle and shoot out all the gas
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 17.10.11 8:23

wolf six wrote:
    vorter wrote:

i saw these exact things happening to a guy at venom who had one, we put a silencer on it and it pulled the tip off and then we couldnt get the tip out of the silencer, and the slide would lock in the middle and shoot out all the gas
    yep, i got it out of my silencer, but the gun seemed to have a leak, a huge leak.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17.05.24 5:40