Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+16
russianairsoftkid
TrunkMonkey
Eon_Blue
Newnan Airsoft Player
Zero
drizzetsrevenge
poopdaddy
reconsniperga
Gunti222
Blackhawk 5
MSG Ridgeway
Miracle
wolf six
Twitch
just some kid
NJSC
20 posters

Pet Peeves

Twitch
    Twitch

Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet Peeves

Post  Twitch 01.11.11 12:35

MSG Ridgeway wrote:people who use the word "rubbish" They make me wanna hit a small child

Thats rubbish.
    Gunti222
    Gunti222

Post  Gunti222 01.11.11 12:50

MSG Ridgeway wrote:people who use the word "rubbish" They make me wanna hit a small child

I am English, I can't help it!
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 01.11.11 16:22

people who beat on desks/tables at school with pencils.
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 01.11.11 16:23

When people try to use big words to seem like they're smart, but make themselves look like complete idiots..

Real life example of this.

"My car is completely incompetent compared to yours."- My friend's brother trying to talk his car up, because he thought his Scion TC was just the baddest mother trucker on the streets. Haha
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 01.11.11 17:07

Me too Eon. That grinds my gears.
    russianairsoftkid
    russianairsoftkid

Post  russianairsoftkid 01.11.11 17:42

people walking slow in the hallway and people having little groups
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 01.11.11 18:07

those who play video games for the sole purpose of attaining the highest rank possible, putting the games priorities far more than real life.

Pet Peeves - Page 2 Dutycallsfev6
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 01.11.11 18:16

There is a story going around of how this army recruiter introduced a bunch of recruits to the game "America's Army". Well this one kid took it to heart, played the game religiously, and achieved the rank of command sgt major online...

Couple months later shows up at Fort Jackson for BCT. Gets issued his uniforms, his name tape, and PV2 rank...Then proceeds to ask when he will be getting his CSM rank, because ya know, he was a CSM in the game and all, and the game is totally legit right? scratch
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 01.11.11 19:09

HAHA Eon...when I was still working in the jail, I once told a guy that if he could spell the word CONSTATUTIONAL, without help, I would listen to his complaint that I was "Vy-latin' his consa-tooshnal rights". His response? "spell what?"

I don't like potty-language. Especially from little kids. I try my best to not use it. Even more-so when at Airsoft events.

I don't like tobacco. It stinks.

Lack of commen sense. (Did I spell that right?) ex. If you know people would gladly come to work Sunday because they have things they want to do on Saturday...what does it matter? A day is a day right? Nope.

Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 02.11.11 17:28

^^Common* Wink and Constitutional would be the correct spellings Very Happy

Yeah..complete lack of common sense is just aggravating..just a deer in the headlights awaiting a Semi to run them over, is basically what it boils down to. The real world is going to be tough on some people..and is even tougher on people who work with glass(as I do.), common sense is a must..not thinking while working could get you injured..or killed(dealing with 82 inch by 74 inch sheets of glass.)..I picked up my common sense, awful quick...no injuries as of yet though! Knock on wood, a year later!

TyP1nq LyK Th15. And any combination of stupid ways of typing. Kids nowadays growing up with computers, and going to school should be able to at least type correctly and have good grammar. That's what the whole "school" thing is there for..no?
    Thrush
    Thrush

Post  Thrush 16.01.12 15:36

talking fish, I hate them
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 16.01.12 16:07

Service members that bash other service member's branch because their's is more hardcore and see's more combat than the other and they take the pride out of their branch seriously. I don't mind if you make fun of other branches (military humor is harsh get over it) but when you push it too far as to insult everyone personally, you just have to grow up. Also applies to MOS. Just because I am not as high speed as your MOS, it doesn't mean I can't be up to par with your individuality. The branch is not carried by the name, it is carried by the individuals serving under it.

^ I had a Marine insult me personally for signing up for the "wrong" branch. He called me a bunch of sissy names and told me that the Army is for losers who can't handle real fighting. I asked him about his service, the kid hasn't even gone to MEPS yet. Kid has a high n tight haircut, wears cowboy boots, and tries to act all BA. I know if you're not mature enough to respect people, you're not going to be mature enough to be a Marine.

I'll see you guys in 9 weeks. Off to BCT for me.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 25.05.12 7:35

People who take things for granted. Which is pretty much 99 percent of the worlds population.

Those who complain about how hard their life is over facebook, because ya know, college is so difficult, or my job is so hard, and getting the weekends and nights off isnt enough. Yes, Because studying for finals is so stressful while you sit there drinking coffee, listening to music, in a warm dry room, with your freakin friends.

Remind me, when was the last time a rocket round came flying at you while you were sitting there? Never? Thats what I thought.

Also those who complain that they havent seen their girlfriend/boyfriend in 2 days and how difficult there life is because of this. Yes, it must be so difficult. I feel for you. Not.

flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 25.05.12 8:05

^ Twitch is on rant mode. Hahaha. Taliban's gonna have a bad day.

I adopted a lot of new pet peeves ever since I enlisted. Slow walking people (Yes my friends tell me to slow down because apparently they can't keep up with my normal walking pace now), Being in line longer than I should be (If you're slow, please don't check out of the self-check out counter), People complaining about the little things in their food (Too spicy? Why'd you get it, don't like some of the veggies in your meal? Please..), Bad drivers (The speed limit isn't a suggestion that you should go 10 mph below it), Loud, annoying, obnoxious, trippy teenagers (no acting like a complete goof in public does not make you cool, it makes you look like a...), And much like Twitch people who complain about random things in life that doesn't seem to be that big of a deal like failing a class (well if you probably didn't party all night you'd probably pass), complaining that they are getting crappy service at a restaurant, store, etc (Hey I had to stay in line to eat a crappy meal in BCT and AIT while being out in the heat, rain, cold, etc) or complaining that your SO isn't giving you the love/attention/time and not seeing them or not hearing from them (hey we have to walk away from people we care about and not let it bother us to report for duty, it's not that easy for us at all)

My recent ones lately are people that complain about the weather. Hot? I wore full ACUs with full battle rattle carrying 155mm rounds back and forth about 100m to a gun line in blistering hot Oklahoma in the direct sun and doing fire missions all day. Cold? I slept in a hole with NO snivel gear or gloves WHILE it was raining during one of our FTXs in BCT (Ok I admit I wasn't too happy with that one). People who complain about going to work or school real early (When I was in high school I don't have to be in 1st period til 0845, I have to be out in formation by 0430 and do PT EVERY WEEKDAY). My coldest one is probably people who complain about having a hard time losing weight. I'm guilty since I used to be fat but hey I lost 36 lbs since I joined the Army. I did all that in what? 4-5 months? People who complain about it and say it's hard to do so don't try hard enough. Run twice as fast as your comfortable pace and don't run on treadmills, go outside and run for miles til your legs feel like falling off, do muscle failure exercises twice as long til you can't even lift a penny, just work out til you feel pain all over your body. Hey I didn't know it was possible either. If you realized that at least you've learned it the easy way, I learned it the hard way with a DS screaming at my face while I try to push my last set of push-ups on a PT test (good times).

And I ended up being on rant mode too.

Post  Guest 25.05.12 12:48

Twitch wrote:People who take things for granted. Which is pretty much 99 percent of the worlds population.

Those who complain about how hard their life is over facebook, because ya know, college is so difficult, or my job is so hard, and getting the weekends and nights off isnt enough. Yes, Because studying for finals is so stressful while you sit there drinking coffee, listening to music, in a warm dry room, with your freakin friends.

Remind me, when was the last time a rocket round came flying at you while you were sitting there? Never? Thats what I thought.

Also those who complain that they havent seen their girlfriend/boyfriend in 2 days and how difficult there life is because of this. Yes, it must be so difficult. I feel for you. Not.

Well, an Lt. who graduated from my school (after having served in Iraq and lost his hand) came back and talked to us about life problems. He had lost his hand when an IED had detonated under his HMMWV while enlisted and deployed. That ended his tour of duty so he came back to the states and joined my school, did the cadet program, and commissioned as an Engineer. He went on to graduate Ranger School, graduate Sapper School, and now leads a Sapper Platoon attached to the 82nd. All while having a hook instead of a hand. He said this to us. "Don't ever think your problems are worse than anyone else's. And don't think anyone else's problems are less than yours. Life is the same all around. The difference is your motivation".
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 25.05.12 13:34

That's how I try to look at it, but I always fail to see it that way. I try. Haha
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 27.05.12 0:25

people trying to steal your team members. Evil or Very Mad
    this issue had me all kinds of pissed off recently
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 28.05.12 15:51

just some kid wrote:i hate when people hum/sing
    Does whistling count?
    Blackhawk 5