Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
Quex
Chief
Lone Wolf
Tinman
Admin
ATLAS
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
sniper2525
rolling mango
13 posters

low cap or high cap

rolling mango
    rolling mango

low cap or high cap Empty low cap or high cap

Post  rolling mango 16.03.09 22:53

just wondering during a game would you rater have a lot of lower cap mags to reload or few high cap mags? i cant make up my mind.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

low cap or high cap Empty Re: low cap or high cap

Post  sniper2525 16.03.09 23:06

mid caps i have 10 i hate high caps they get annoying
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 16.03.09 23:15

Well, I had this same problem a month ago. I like to have alot of ammo in a small package with hicaps, but hated winding and the un-milsimness. (awesome word,right) With lowcaps, it was more expensive considering buying pouches and they are just more expencive because you must buy more of them. Low caps just dont hold enough, and with a high Rof, say 25 RPS and a 30 round mag thats 1 second of shooting. I ended up settling on a set of mid-caps. I bought 8 for 60$ and they hold 100 bbs. This is good if you have a main stream gun like an M4,M16,SCAR,AK47,ect. If you have a G36 or MP5 then its a little harder. Its Low-cap or high-cap. I hope I could help.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 16.03.09 23:35

dude my gun does 36 a second and i have 150 round midcaps and im pretty sure urs doesnt go 30 a sec unless u have put 500 in upgrades like i have and did all custom work urself like i did
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 17.03.09 7:19

sniper2525 wrote:dude my gun does 36 a second and i have 150 round midcaps and im pretty sure urs doesnt go 30 a sec unless u have put 500 in upgrades like i have and did all custom work urself like i did

I am going to have to call bull on this one. With a stock gun and a high mAh battery you can run an extremely high rof. Just ask anyone who heard my spr at op slipgate. You don't need to put in $500 just to get a high rof. And why would doing the custom work yourself have anything to do with your rate of fire afterwards? Are you saying that if I put in a new motor myself it will actually fire faster than if I let Rhino do it?

Secondly, the concept of low caps being milsim is a load of crap as far as im concerned. Anyone who has ever been in the field or knows anyone who has will tell you that everything is chosen based on need and ease of use. Now my box mag (5000 rds) may not be an actual representation of what would be caried in the field but that is only because military personel don't have that option. I can go an entire game without having to change mags, how is that not beneficial? Not carrying a specific type of magazine solely because it isn't factually accurate despite the OBVIOUS advantages is an elitist and closed minded approach. Give any military personnel the option of carrying 10 30 round mags or 1 300 round mag and I guarantee they will choose the 300 round mag every time!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 17.03.09 7:23

I like to use midcaps, but right now I'm using highcaps in my SOC16. I'll be getting a set of G&P mids after I finish my upgrades though.

Midcaps in my G36.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.03.09 8:22

Old Lazy guy chimes in here . . .
    I love higher capacity mags!
    Yes, I know that a 5,000 round drum mag does not exist in real life for my M4 variant . . . heck, if it did I sure would not want to have to carry it! HOWEVER, I love my A&K box mag! Yes it is a hand wind and sometimes I wish it were not but it is a great way to stay in the game and play without having to worry about gear vests capable of holding a ton of rounds and lots of mags to boot. (I do have an electric drum mag but prefer the hand wind box.)For me, this is a "hobby" so I love the opportunity to throw on some camo as much as the next guy and I do take it seriously . . . just not AS serious as some who may feel that I should have a load out that is more accurate.
    Heck, the fact that I wear a modded hockey mask oughta be a clue that...
    I am there to have fun and sling LOTS-O-PLASTIC!!! lol! lol!
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 17.03.09 16:56

I like midcaps. the noiseless advantage of a real cap and a 1/4 capacity of a hi cap.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 17.03.09 17:01

Older Lazy guy chimes in here...

I'm with you Tinman! I doubt that I will ever run a box mag on my M4's (etc) but I already carry a butt load of hi-cap mags and try to avoid reloading my mags on the field if at all possible.

Now my M249 SAW is a different story... though I could use M4 mags with it, that would just be plain dumb. Box mag all the way!! (it's the best of both worlds! The box mag looks like the real one!)

It may be fun to run a realistic event sometime where we keep the guns as realistic as possible and run with low cap mags.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 17.03.09 17:16

ATLAS wrote:
    sniper2525 wrote:dude my gun does 36 a second and i have 150 round midcaps and im pretty sure urs doesnt go 30 a sec unless u have put 500 in upgrades like i have and did all custom work urself like i did

I am going to have to call bull on this one. With a stock gun and a high mAh battery you can run an extremely high rof. Just ask anyone who heard my spr at op slipgate. You don't need to put in $500 just to get a high rof. And why would doing the custom work yourself have anything to do with your rate of fire afterwards? Are you saying that if I put in a new motor myself it will actually fire faster than if I let Rhino do it?

Secondly, the concept of low caps being milsim is a load of crap as far as im concerned. Anyone who has ever been in the field or knows anyone who has will tell you that everything is chosen based on need and ease of use. Now my box mag (5000 rds) may not be an actual representation of what would be caried in the field but that is only because military personel don't have that option. I can go an entire game without having to change mags, how is that not beneficial? Not carrying a specific type of magazine solely because it isn't factually accurate despite the OBVIOUS advantages is an elitist and closed minded approach. Give any military personnel the option
    of carrying 10 30 round mags or 1 300 round mag and I guarantee they will choose the 300 round mag every time!

i have never seen a stock gun do that even if it had a lipo and if they do they usualy break within a few days bc they have plastic buchings bad gears etc
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 17.03.09 17:22

I would use midcaps if it were easy to find good, cheap G36 mags. I love the reloading mechanic and just the general mil-simness.

However, they're simply not cost-effective for someone who needs cost-efficiency. It'd be like $70 for 10 G36 midcaps that carry 100-something BBs, plus the vest I'd need to carry all of those, or I could go with two or three $20 high-caps and have all the ammo I need.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.03.09 19:00

Chief wrote:Older Lazy guy chimes in here...
    That is why I love having ya around . . . makes me feel a little better knowing I am not the only 40-something out there . . . a mil-sim accurate game would be fun but MAN what an investment in mags! affraid
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 17.03.09 19:10

sniper2525 wrote:
    ATLAS wrote:

Secondly, the concept of low caps being milsim is a load of crap as far as im concerned. Anyone who has ever been in the field or knows anyone who has will tell you that everything is chosen based on need and ease of use. Now my box mag (5000 rds) may not be an actual representation of what would be caried in the field but that is only because military personel don't have that option. I can go an entire game without having to change mags, how is that not beneficial? Not carrying a specific type of magazine solely because it isn't factually accurate despite the OBVIOUS advantages is an elitist and closed minded approach. Give any military personnel the option
    of carrying 10 30 round mags or 1 300 round mag and I guarantee they will choose the 300 round mag every time!

i have never seen a stock gun do that even if it had a lipo and if they do they usualy break within a few days bc they have plastic buchings bad gears etc

First off there is almost no way to get over 25 bps with out more then just a battery, and trent your gun does about 26bps, cause mine does 27 on my normal setup, but I know for a fact that you can get to 29bps on a lipo and turbo motor cause rhino upgraded a gun with exactly that in it, but most people cant reach over 25bps, but I would suggest MIDCAPS also because sometimes highcaps have winding problems and whatnot, and lowcaps hold no ammo, so midcaps are the best choice.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 17.03.09 20:18

hahah i no russ haha i just had to say it does that but soon it may when i get the lipo but yes i agree with zero
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 18.03.09 13:51

#CW!!ZERO wrote:
    sniper2525 wrote:
    ATLAS wrote:

First off there is almost no way to get over 25 bps with out more then just a battery, and trent your gun does about 26bps, cause mine does 27 on my normal setup, but I know for a fact that you can get to 29bps on a lipo and turbo motor cause rhino upgraded a gun with exactly that in it, but most people cant reach over 25bps, but I would suggest MIDCAPS also because sometimes highcaps have winding problems and whatnot, and lowcaps hold no ammo, so midcaps are the best choice.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 18.03.09 20:42

I run 11 mags in my vest, 9 are mids, and 3 are high. So if I do alot of shooting one game, I can resort to the highs for backup if I start to run dry with the mids.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 19.03.09 0:09

Be a man, use mids only!

Hi-caps can't keep up with our high speed setups anyways...

And ATLAS is right, give me your gun and I could make it around 35-38 rps without having to buy a part, just need a dremel, some washers and an 11.1v li-po. Granted, you will loose 30-40 fps... but you will be able to shoot like you are god himself.

Post  |337 19.03.09 7:28

UBCS Gibbs wrote:Be a man, use mids only!

Hi-caps can't keep up with our high speed setups anyways...

And ATLAS is right, give me your gun and I could make it around 35-38 rps without having to buy a part, just need a dremel, some washers and an 11.1v li-po. Granted, you will loose 30-40 fps... but you will be able to shoot like you are god himself.
    Washers?
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 19.03.09 11:46

Its a secret!

Post  |337 19.03.09 14:06

oh is it for AoE?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content