Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
wolf six
drizzetsrevenge
NJSC
Piznops
Andy
Blackhawk 5
zander
Blaze
Twitch
13 posters

Combat Shirts vs. Regular Blouses

Andy
    Andy

Combat Shirts vs. Regular Blouses - Page 2 Empty Re: Combat Shirts vs. Regular Blouses

Post  Andy 21.11.11 19:22

What I did was turn the pocket about 90deg or so. Actually, I switched sides...left to right, right to left. The opening was still at an angle, just faced to the outside. This makes it possible to access the pocket while wearing armor. I also added pockets inside the thigh pocket with elastic. Worked great for holding mags/Izzy bandage/etc.

Unfortunately, I think I traded the top in at Forest Park Army/Navy. I still have the pants. I think I will talk with the mom-in-law about fixing up my MC uniform.
    wolf six

Combat Shirts vs. Regular Blouses - Page 2 Empty Re: Combat Shirts vs. Regular Blouses

Post  wolf six 22.11.11 0:53

i always do the iconic red under armor, and black tiger blouse

Post  Guest 22.11.11 1:17

wolf six wrote:i always do the iconic red under armor, and black tiger blouse

Eh....what does this have to do with this topic?
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 22.11.11 1:27

Aggressor wrote:
    wolf six wrote:i always do the iconic red under armor, and black tiger blouse

Eh....what does this have to do with this topic?

i wear under armor under my blouse to stay cool as apposed to wearing a combat shirt? Razz
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.12.11 13:25

I'm personally a combat shirt guy, but one thing that noone's brought up yet is the issue of collars. One thing I like about normal blouses is that you can flip the collar up and it protects your neck against the rubbing of a rifle sling and hot brass if you're on the range. One-points are especially bad about rubbing and irritating your neck, and three-points aren't much better. Now the Crye combat shirts and the USMC FROG combat shirts do have traditional collars, but the truspec combat shirt has no collar. The massif combat shirt has like a half-tutleneck collar, but I've never worn the massif one, so idk how well it protects... anyone here have any experience with that issue?

One thing that alleviates this is the wearing of a shemagh, but it's still not ideal.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 12.12.11 14:46

Im with you on the collar. The massif shirts are pretty good, but the collar is so versatile, and needs to be incorporated into more combat shirts
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 12.12.11 15:09

Twitch wrote:Im with you on the collar. The massif shirts are pretty good, but the collar is so versatile, and needs to be incorporated into more combat shirts
    i like whats going on with this one. Combat Shirts vs. Regular Blouses - Page 2 Canadi10
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 12.12.11 17:26

I have an ACU Massif Combat Shirt and a USMC FROG shirt. I think the Massif is much nicer quality, but is slightly warmer when I wear it than the FROG shirt.

I use a MS2 sling and at times I have issues with sling rub when I am wearing either combat shirt or a blouse. The only thing that truly alleviates this is my FROG hood, which just so happens to also keep my head cooler in the summer than not wearing anything at all.
    DELTAx64
    DELTAx64

Post  DELTAx64 29.03.12 11:37

Admin wrote:I'm personally a combat shirt guy, but one thing that noone's brought up yet is the issue of collars. One thing I like about normal blouses is that you can flip the collar up and it protects your neck against the rubbing of a rifle sling and hot brass if you're on the range. One-points are especially bad about rubbing and irritating your neck, and three-points aren't much better. Now the Crye combat shirts and the USMC FROG combat shirts do have traditional collars, but the truspec combat shirt has no collar. The massif combat shirt has like a half-tutleneck collar, but I've never worn the massif one, so idk how well it protects... anyone here have any experience with that issue?

One thing that alleviates this is the wearing of a shemagh, but it's still not ideal.
    the massif shirt is ok but like you said its a half turtle neck if you got a slim rifle sling your golden
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 30.04.12 18:17

HAving worn the MAssif combat shirt for a little bit now, I can say that the "turtleneck" does protect you neck some, but it still doesnt compare to the collars on the FROG or the Crye Combat Shirts. I do like the Mesh like material on the massif though, I feel it is better than the other combat shirts, even if it does smell a bit weird.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20.05.24 17:43