Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+24
s92harrell
poopdaddy
wolf six
Andy
Alpine
Piznops
Ghost
Ghost101
Silent_Option
Blackhawk 5
savoy6
zander
Admin
flipa
Rock5
AK-Andrew
Asia7th
just some kid
cagcmc@gmail.com
russianairsoftkid
Rhino
Twitch
-a|ex
Hippie
28 posters

Unit Patches

Ghost
    Ghost

Unit Patches - Page 3 Empty Re: Unit Patches

Post  Ghost 05.01.12 17:12

Piznops wrote:Okay, while I dunno why it would "magically" add weight to what I'm about to say, but lemme preface my comment with this: I'm 20+ year veteran, ranger/abn school graduate, combat tours and plenty of serious "bush" experience. I'd happily pit my military experience against anybody's and not come up too short, I'm certain.
    All that said, it CERTAINLY doesn't diminish my accomplishments nor service to see an airsofter wearing ANY military uniform/symbol/patch and so on. It's a frickin piece of cloth! Much like the flag. I didn't fight for cloth, I didn't endure the rigors of training for an article of clothing or some damned patch. It warms my heart to see another generation of Americans embracing our military heritage and view the wearing of various uniform bits as a homage to those that went before them. I think some vets get a wee bit wrapped around the axle around here.
    Besides, MOST unit patches are ISSUED, not earned, but even so, how can simply wearing one diminish the accomplishments of those that wore them in service? Were their accomplishments THAT ephemeral? My $.02.

Well that just about proves my point.
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 05.01.12 18:28

Piznops wrote:Okay, while I dunno why it would "magically" add weight to what I'm about to say, but lemme preface my comment with this: I'm 20+ year veteran, ranger/abn school graduate, combat tours and plenty of serious "bush" experience. I'd happily pit my military experience against anybody's and not come up too short, I'm certain.
    All that said, it CERTAINLY doesn't diminish my accomplishments nor service to see an airsofter wearing ANY military uniform/symbol/patch and so on. It's a frickin piece of cloth! Much like the flag. I didn't fight for cloth, I didn't endure the rigors of training for an article of clothing or some damned patch. It warms my heart to see another generation of Americans embracing our military heritage and view the wearing of various uniform bits as a homage to those that went before them. I think some vets get a wee bit wrapped around the axle around here.
    Besides, MOST unit patches are ISSUED, not earned, but even so, how can simply wearing one diminish the accomplishments of those that wore them in service? Were their accomplishments THAT ephemeral? My $.02.

where is the "like" button???
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 05.01.12 18:31

...the medal of honor is the one item you can get a felony for wearing if you didn't earn it,out side of some sort of theatrical production....if i remember correctly.[/quote]

nobody is going out wearing a medal of honor on the field, it wouldn't really make your airsoft uniform look "tacticool"
    --were talking about unit patches and ranks (as far as i am aware of), not awards...
    the guys on the field are trying to replicate a soldiers uniform, and as i know, there aren't many of those awarded...
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 06.01.12 2:38

other folks were talking about wearing the MOH in the thread...
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 06.01.12 17:00

I'm with piznops. Most, if not all of you know me. I think the most I ever said to someone was, if they were going to wear it, wear it correctly. I personaly don't like non-combat vet's wearing "Combat" patches. Put your airsoft patch there. But, if you are going to do it, do it right.

Then again, as Alex has tried to state, it IS america, and we DO have the Constitution. Me, Piznops, and several others, have fought to protect it. We fight for the Right's of people to stand around with sign's that say crap like "GOD likes IED's" as well as the 9yr old airsofter with 10th MTN DIV, Ranger, "master blaster wings", etc. It's all protected. Although, the dude with the sign REALLY needs/deserves to be beat down. (IMHO) Jus' sayin'...
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 06.01.12 17:08

Andy wrote: Although, the dude with the sign REALLY needs/deserves to be beat down. (IMHO) Jus' sayin'...

I couldn't agree more.
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 06.01.12 19:26

Preach it, Andy, Preach it.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 06.01.12 21:19

did i hear hippie beating Twisted Evil ?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.01.12 21:57

thats why i don't wear a current military uniform
    my black tiger stripe does not look like anything that the U.S. is using now
    (dont think they ever used it in black)
    but i think that the kids playing in current uniforms are emulating there heroes
    and i sure think our armed forces deserve it.
    don't get upset when you see a kid with unit patches on.superman would never get mad at a kid in a cape.
    so service members should not.remember(to those who have served) you are there hero and ours
    god bless our troops and thank you all
    s92harrell
    s92harrell

Post  s92harrell 06.01.12 23:42

"Superman wouldn't get mad at a kid wearing a cape."

/discussion
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 07.01.12 1:12

wolf six wrote:did i hear hippie beating :twisted: ?

Please don't...
    Piznops
    Piznops

Unit Patches - Page 3 Empty Vets

Post  Piznops 10.01.12 11:22

Obviously need to rescind my comment on Vets here, apparently they feel no more threatened by airsoft uniform wear than I do, I can be proud of the uniform, but I find myself nearly overwhelmed with pride in the young Americans that continue to answer selflessly our nation's call. The kind of pride they engender can't be worn, indeed it can barely be borne.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 11.02.12 17:35

-a|ex wrote:
    Silent_Option wrote:
    No one has died earning a bachelors degree so your comparing apples to left hand threaded beta players.

Would you wear a fake congressional medal of honor around? Just sayin'

Like I said wear what you want, but you should have the respect to remove it if asked by those who are able to do so.

LoL... when i was in college, it was common to read about students jumping off buildings because of depression. so yes, many have died attempting to get their bachelor's degree. also, students at virginia tech have been shot trying to earn their degree. and i'm not even going to mention the other heinous crimes against male/female students that go unreported.

would i wear a fake congressional medal of honor around? if it's to prove a point i would. i was a non-conformist during my early years in college, then became a liberal, now i'm a republican.

i don't understand why you can't grasp the meaning of the u.s. constitution (1st amendment).

Alex... What is funny is that YOU don't understand the meaning of the 1st amendment!!! Hate to school you dog, but the 1st only protects your freedom of speech (expression) from GOVERNMENT interference. Originally it only protected you from congress but the SC has ruled that it applies to the entire federal government and the 14th extends it to the state government. There are even types of speech that are unprotected (i.e., advocacy of illegal action, "fighting words", commercial speech, and obscenity}. But I regress: there are three problems with your "free speech" argument: A) a patch is not speech, B) I am not the government so you are not protected and C) Technically, wearing these ranks and patches could be considered illegal and your advocacy of this illegal act would not even be considered free speech. *not to mention the fact that you are on a forum which is not protected under free speech from the owner removing you for any reason)

As far as the original discussion: Yes I think it is extremely disrespectful to wear rank, award, or patch that you did not earn. And I hope that anyone would take the opportunity "educate" a youngster who is in the wrong.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 11.02.12 22:31

Thank you!
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 11.02.12 22:48

Once again, Free country, let them do what they want.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 11.02.12 23:07

Twitch wrote:Once again, Free country, let them do what they want.

from a guy fixin to put foot to a@# for it
    thanks man

i still say a kid in an airsoft load out is dressing like his hero
    to the guys that have and will serve
    thank you
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 11.02.12 23:18

Twitch wrote:Once again, Free country, let them do what they want.

Once again, I never said they couldn't.
    RedG35

Post  RedG35 11.05.12 13:29

Yep, little late jumping into this one for sure.

"Freedom" is a big word here guys. As has been said, "freedom is just another word, for nothing left to lose".

I can tell ya' that you would be hard pressed to find a kid in his loadout that didn't respect EVERYTHING that his gear has on it, as to what it is, and what it all means. Whether or not he actually has it in the right place of course is another matter. LOL I would challenge anyone however to try and physically remove it from a kid that I'm responsible for.

My family for instance has had Army, Navy and Airforce from $hi!stirrers to full bird Colonel's from Nam, through WWII and even now. None of us have any problems with the kids wanting to wear the pride of our heros. My Dad for instance was on a DE, toured the South Pacific, Pearl Harbor, at Iwo Jima and Okinawa, even the surrender of Japan. If I knew what he wore then, could get my hands on it, I'd have my kid wear it every freaking day! My neice's husband is a Ranger and we're dawmed proud of it. Youngest Godson is days away from going back to Afg (Ordnance Capt). Wouldn't wear the rank, but again dawmed proud of the unit! They DESERVE our rememberence, as well as we should herald those here in the forum that have served. Some of us didn't, some couldn't, and SOME will.

Our freedoms are a fickled thing. Heck we just FINALLY got the right to carry our weapons *almost* everywhere we go. (although it freaks uneducated citizens out that don't have a clue as to the background checks that one has to go through and just look at you like you're a thud) Still won't buy a gun however from a gun store that refuses to let me *wear* the very same gun in their store. :-/

One point:
    Touching on the thing of not dying getting a degree. I remember this headline "FOUR DEAD IN OHIO". Kids, yea kids that were shot by the National Guard. How's that for first degree rights....

Jus' sayin'....... let the boys play. If they wanna' look up to their hero's, he!! ALL our hero's, thats a good thing.

Post  Guest 11.05.12 14:01

I won't close the thread. That's not my place. I will humbly request the forum users to leave this thread alone. I think everyone said their piece here. I think its obvious that people are split on it, from both sides of the fence. Users, you can continue to comment on this thread, as is your due as a member of this forum, however, I would simply like to ask that you do not. Thank you.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 11.05.12 19:56

Aggressor wrote:I won't close the thread. That's not my place. I will humbly request the forum users to leave this thread alone. I think everyone said their piece here. I think its obvious that people are split on it, from both sides of the fence. Users, you can continue to comment on this thread, as is your due as a member of this forum, however, I would simply like to ask that you do not. Thank you.
    Your like the messiah when it comes to wisdom..... cheers
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 12.05.12 9:05

Piznops wrote:Obviously need to rescind my comment on Vets here, apparently they feel no more threatened by airsoft uniform wear than I do, I can be proud of the uniform, but I find myself nearly overwhelmed with pride in the young Americans that continue to answer selflessly our nation's call. The kind of pride they engender can't be worn, indeed it can barely be borne.

Your freedom to speak is protected by the first amendment.
    However the first amendment does not protected you from the consequences of what you say.

That being said, this USAF veteran is not offended when an airsofter dresses out in real military gear for a game or two. I would hope they would tune it down if they had to fall in for a real military drill because there would be some consequence for that.

Not to get to political, but a few years back,there was a guy who deserted the Texas Air National Guard and went on TV after attacking a country that had nothing to do with hurting our country. He dressed out in a military jump suit and flew back seat in a jet which landed onto an aircraft carrier 12 miles off the coast of San Diego and claimed mission accomplished. I was offended by that poser.

god bless and protect the real troops that poser politicians send into harms way for no reason but to profit from war.

Peace
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 12.05.12 18:17

philsaudio wrote:

Not to get to political, but a few years back,there was a guy who deserted the Texas Air National Guard and went on TV after attacking a country that had nothing to do with hurting our country. He dressed out in a military jump suit and flew back seat in a jet which landed onto an aircraft carrier 12 miles off the coast of San Diego and claimed mission accomplished. I was offended by that poser.

god bless and protect the real troops that poser politicians send into harms way for no reason but to profit from war.

Peace

You don't really believe that George Bush crap do you?....
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 12.05.12 20:02

only 'cause it's true.....lol
    yeah, that guy offends me too phil....
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 13.05.12 23:03

Ghost wrote:
    philsaudio wrote:

Peace

You don't really believe that George Bush crap do you?....

Will Ferrel playing GWB on SNL last night got it 100% right. He said something like " mission accomplished is just something I say when I'm tired of talking about something"

http://www.hulu.com/playlist/330205 -----GWB comes in around 2 minutes.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/13/george-w-bush-dick-cheney-convicted-of-war-crimes/

Peace

Last edited by philsaudio on 14.05.12 11:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add link to snl)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12.05.24 10:31