Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
Twitch
just some kid
-a|ex
Andy
NJSC
philsaudio
10 posters

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with

philsaudio
    philsaudio

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with  Empty Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with

Post  philsaudio 08.01.12 6:26

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with.

I have been looking at a lot of pictures and videos of people playing airsoft and I can’t help but wonder why so many people are carrying so much gear on the field. It looks like you are going to war for a tour-of-duty not playing a round of speedball.

In paintball I would carry the minimum of kit out on the outdoor field, cause the longest I would be away from the car was an hour or so. I could easily carry enough stuff for 4 each 15 minute rounds on a little belt pack, even if I never got killed.

Indoor there was no reason to have much more than your gun and maybe a couple of loaders full of paint.
    I see people at SS with hydration packs, and enough junk to outweigh some of the younger players.

How to you know if you are hit if you are wearing huge vests and stuff?

Is it more of a war /milsim kind of thing or are you trying to carry everything you will need all day on your person?

Is there security problems preventing you from leaving your bag in the dead zone so you have to carry all your stuff all the time?

Last edited by philsaudio on 08.01.12 6:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : looks)
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with  Empty Re: Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with

Post  NJSC 08.01.12 8:48

Well in airsoft you have to understand that first off ammo is sooooo much cheaper so everyone is willing to spray everything they have because it will cost them 15 bucks instead of 100. Also airsofters by rule care more about how they look then how effective they are Razz When going to big OPs games can last a number of hours. When it comes to playing indoors I just don't take the stuff off my PC because I'm just lazy and don't want to have to put it back on. Of course I'm a big guy and don't really worry about a couple extra lbs of water. But mostly it's to look cool.
    You can still hear the bb's when the hit the vest. It gives a very definitive "crack"
    Andy
    Andy

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with  Empty Re: Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with

Post  Andy 08.01.12 9:01

Its more of a MilSim thing. Plus...and this is IMPORTANT....the rule of TWITCH, which states, 90% of Airsoft is looking good. The other 10% is shooting randomly into the air. Razz

Security is not a problem since we have atleast one Deputy that plays. Cool They hydro packs are (for me and most players) to stay hydrated. We don't take a break every 15 min. Our games will last anywhere from 1 to 8+ hours. Wearing all that kit gets hot so you gotta stay hydrated.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 08.01.12 11:38

30rps, easily goes through 1k rounds in a few hours. i carry two large utility pouches just for ammo. each pouch for different weight ammo (.25g for my high speed secondary and .40g for my primary DMR). when i play new fields, i also carry a laser range finder. some fields have 2 hour games (georgetown). i'm not much for the milsim look, just utilitarian loadout with adequate camo.

during the summer, hydration pack is necessary.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with  Empty How long are the average outdoor and indoor games?

Post  philsaudio 08.01.12 12:35

What is the nature of the games and objective, and reincarnation for 8 hour games, jeez thats like playing 36 holes of golf.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 08.01.12 22:42

philsaudio wrote:What is the nature of the games and objective, and reincarnation for 8 hour games, jeez thats like playing 36 holes of golf.

well the 8 hour games are more at OP's. for example at the SC vs. GA game, there were only like 2 breaks right? the game hardly stopped but you could come in and out of the game at anytime as long as you went to the spawn point. the longer games are more where you get a long list of objectives like find missle parts, carry them bck to base, etc. i try to carry everything with me i might need. ammo, mags, water, more ammo, a multitool, and other random stuff i may need. and also yes there is a cool factor
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 29.01.12 22:18

Andy wrote:Its more of a MilSim thing. Plus...and this is IMPORTANT....the rule of TWITCH, which states, 90% of Airsoft is looking good. The other 10% is shooting randomly into the air. Razz

This. Quoted for Truth.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 31.01.12 7:56

I'm glad that I quoted it correctly.

How you been brother? I hope your train-up is going well. The most important things to remember and pay attention to are putting holes in targets, and repairing holes put in friendly's.

Stay safe.
    Thrush
    Thrush

Post  Thrush 31.01.12 13:07

Usually, I try to strike a balance between a reasonble amount of stuff I schlepp out on to the field and the Rule of Twitch. Since I'm not really SAS on a three-week mission, I don't lug a pack or protect my head and skin with a helmet and plate carrier, but I do carry as many midcaps as I can fit on an LBE, along with pleny of water, a multi-tool, and a couple of energy bars (learned the hard way to avoid 5-Hour Energy Poison...). At the same, I'm picky about my load-out, because I'm PLAYING airsoft, and I approach the event the same as when I'm onstage. Out on the field, I get into character and try to stay there, and costume and props go a long way for that. I wanna look and feel the part, but I don't want to look like a mil-sim version of Mr. Potato head either, and I leave the extraneous bullshit back at the four-wheel drive.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 31.01.12 13:21

too much gear? never.

Shear Amount of Geer you guys load out with  Large2
    Thrush
    Thrush

Post  Thrush 31.01.12 13:23

LOL!
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 31.01.12 13:39

Thrush
    Thrush

Post  Thrush 31.01.12 15:26

I have seen this guy...
    drizzetsrevenge
    drizzetsrevenge

Post  drizzetsrevenge 31.01.12 21:52

savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 31.01.12 22:01

GOD.....kill it with fire....eyes burning from the multicam....lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 4:49