Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
poopdaddy
wolf six
6 posters

switching out finally

wolf six

switching out finally Empty switching out finally

Post  wolf six 12.03.12 11:13

After nearly four years of dedicated service the gearbox in my echo1 g36 is finally starting to fail. I've had issues with the trigger contacts not connecting for quite some time and i'm done with my gun being out of commission.
    I was curious as to what type of gearbox i should swap my old echo 1 out for. I was thinking a G&G v3 with g36 parts on the outside. I am open to suggestions my spending limit is $100 max

Also if anyone is interested in my old gearbox it has a matrix piston, jg gears, o-ring nozzle, and an good spring in it

Update!
    Turns out that the issue was caused by a poorly soldered connection, when the gun was wired to rear

Last edited by wolf six on 18.03.12 0:03; edited 1 time in total
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

switching out finally Empty Re: switching out finally

Post  poopdaddy 12.03.12 19:29

check with airdog
    i think they have a kwa g36 gearbox in the salvage bin
    thanks for the stars
    poop
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 12.03.12 20:45

poopdaddy wrote:check with airdog
    i think they have a kwa g36 gearbox in the salvage bin
    thanks for the stars
    poop

No problem.

Ok i'll hit em up i need a new GB and lower reciever
    Senko
    Senko

Post  Senko 13.03.12 1:32

The kwa gearboxes are not worth the money, there is a reason it is in the salvage bin. the BEST gearbox I have ever used is a G&P, and you will not understand why untill you use one. I have used JG gearboxes, King Arms Gearboxes, and even a systema gearbox, and the G&P out ranges them all. look for a G&P v3 gearbox you will not be dissapointed, ever.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 13.03.12 10:30

Well i guess the question now is, who makes a complete gearbox that is inexpensive and reliable. The main issue i'm having is trigger connection and want it to end.

Does anyone have recommendation for a gearbox shell/ complete gearbox? I'm looking to do a fairly stock set up. I'm running a 7.4 and nothing else fancy
    Senko
    Senko

Post  Senko 13.03.12 10:40

The G&P M4 complete gearbox is 85 on evike. I am gonna guess the v3 is a similar price. Bang for buck you cant beat it. The JG/Echo1 gearbox is usually around 50.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 13.03.12 19:28

for a little over your spending limit of 100 bucks, you could go ahead and get a brand new JG G36c, haha.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 14.03.12 10:39

Senko wrote:The G&P M4 complete gearbox is 85 on evike. I am gonna guess the v3 is a similar price. Bang for buck you cant beat it. The JG/Echo1 gearbox is usually around 50.

what is so great about G&P GB's? just wondering
    and which site should i order from, evike, gi ?

Post  Guest 14.03.12 15:22

I've had hit or miss with G&P. I've had hit or miss with everything. I believe that's just the nature of the tech though, getting something straight from the box will never get you the same results as someone else, regardless of brand. Always needs some tinkering before it gets to be optimal. I'd suggest just grabbing an Echo G36c gearbox honestly.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 14.03.12 15:29

Aggressor wrote:I've had hit or miss with G&P. I've had hit or miss with everything. I believe that's just the nature of the tech though, getting something straight from the box will never get you the same results as someone else, regardless of brand. Always needs some tinkering before it gets to be optimal. I'd suggest just grabbing an Echo G36c gearbox honestly.

I was thinking about buying the GB minus the motor from evike, since its only $30. Then just putting my nice stuff in it. Anyone have a good recommendation for a motor?
    Also are sorbos effective?
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 14.03.12 15:52

I was thinking about buying the GB minus the motor from evike, since its only $30. Then just putting my nice stuff in it. Anyone have a good recommendation for a motor?
    Also are sorbos effective?[/quote]

Matrix 3000 magnum motors are probably the best for the price... they have them at air dog for $45 or so...

some people swear by sorbo... i do not see that it is required, but it can't hurt to have the extra padding

and kwa's are the best gearboxes, if you can get a hold of them for cheap, do it... i bought mine used, stock and it works great (gun was probably a year or two old) and the gears don't need shimming, they are made that precise. they are very heavy duty and i have not ha any problems with them...

Last edited by cagcmc@gmail.com on 14.03.12 20:33; edited 1 time in total
    Senko
    Senko

Post  Senko 14.03.12 19:38

Well here is why I prefer G&P. The internals are all forged steel gears, and some are CNC machined and 2 piece. The shells are VERY Heavy duty with solid walls and NOT pot metal as they are with JG/Echo1/A&K. The air nozzle is a good bit thicker than your typical M4 nozzle, producing a much better air seal inside the weapon. I basically built my G&P by buying a body, Hop up , and barrel set, and then buying a gearbox and motor. Range is incredible. I will be happy to show you if you ever come out to arkenstone paintball for the airsoft game. If you are going to any other outdoor games let me know and I will try and make it, though I do not see many outdoor games on the NW side.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 15.03.12 0:11

Senko wrote:Well here is why I prefer G&P. The internals are all forged steel gears, and some are CNC machined and 2 piece. The shells are VERY Heavy duty with solid walls and NOT pot metal as they are with JG/Echo1/A&K. The air nozzle is a good bit thicker than your typical M4 nozzle, producing a much better air seal inside the weapon. I basically built my G&P by buying a body, Hop up , and barrel set, and then buying a gearbox and motor. Range is incredible. I will be happy to show you if you ever come out to arkenstone paintball for the airsoft game. If you are going to any other outdoor games let me know and I will try and make it, though I do not see many outdoor games on the NW side.

I am normally at ACZ games. Also where could i get a complete G&P gearbox? i've only been able to find the shells for v3's
    Senko
    Senko

Post  Senko 15.03.12 12:13

and where is ACZ?
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 15.03.12 16:49

1240 old corinth road Newnan GA
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 15.03.12 18:13

Kwa fanboys.......lol

DBOY Version 3 gearbox's are INCREDIBLY solid once you replace those wannabe bearings with some SHS ones.

-steel gears
    -nylon piston
    -light piston head
    -bearing spring guide

what more could you want?

The complete JG G36 one is also very nice, but it too has poor bushing and has a poor piston head and spring as well.
    Otherwise it is also good.

The JG G36 motors get me 29rps on an 11.1 lipo.....
    Senko
    Senko

Post  Senko 15.03.12 20:53

this one is also not bad at all for the money, I wish they had the matrix lipo ready custom gearbox for the g36 but they do not.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_525&products_id=28112

cause this is one I put in a custom M4 for someone and they are very Happy with it, Built with an m150 spring.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_518&products_id=30442

but I run this gearbox myself.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_518&products_id=32977

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 1:23