Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+12
Rock5
Twitch
Blackhawk 5
Doomise
Hippie
Ghost
poopdaddy
wolf six
HavenUnitOctopus
-a|ex
savoy6
Miracle
16 posters

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

Miracle
    Miracle

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Empty Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

Post  Miracle 19.03.12 23:26

As some of you might already know, I'm trying to start an Airsoft team as a club sport at Kennesaw State University. I have a friend whose starting an Airsoft team at Southern Polytech. We've been helping each other out a little with tips and things, and my friend ran into a problem. Alot of his Polytech guys don't live around the area, and it's a hassle to transport airsoft guns like that. He wants to allow airsoft guns on campus, but the authority figures say they're too realistic. They had an incident before and aren't ready for a repeat apparently. But Paintball guns are allowed on campus. My friend has a bunch of rules set out for airsoft guns on campus, and even offered to store all of them in one place, just for the team. But the cheif of police said no... If you believe in his cause, help him out and sign his petition. There's more information on the petition.

petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/allow-airsoft-guns-on-spsu-campus?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=friends_wall#
    savoy6
    savoy6

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Empty Re: Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

Post  savoy6 20.03.12 10:09

usual competition paint ball gun....
    Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Dye-paintball-gun-dm12-blk-clr
    airsoft....
    Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Dsc02411
    Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Photo_11

the southern poly paintball team is only 4 guys, so they probably don't leave much of a foot print with campus police anyway..
    if they have already had issues with airsoft on campus, the chances of this continuing to be denied as a public safety issue are very good.for good reason....

as an aside..i think that college airsoft groups can be good,when done properly....but for most schools, it's just too much of a liability issue to allow AS guns on campus.......and a "human rights" petition?... wow...
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Empty Re: Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

Post  -a|ex 20.03.12 10:44

paintball:

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  2101

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  Rap4paintball

they still look like real steel...
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 20.03.12 11:03

uhhh yeah.....and how many 5x5 or 7x7 pro or amateur paintball teams are using those milsim markers??....and why is it that i can drive to the PB field down the road from me and see maybe one or two people using the rap4 products?and the rest with markers like the first one i posted?because they are useless in speed ball..maybe we should ask some of the paintball folks and field owners on here what their PB players think of rap4 products other than their launchers?

my point was that there is a VERY clear difference between the PB marker in average use and the realism that is par for the course with airsoft weapons...especially for a cop rolling up on a call.
    given that fact that there have already been on-campus issues with airsoft at spu,a school that already has a good sized on campus crime rate, and that the school has a VERY emphatic "No guns on campus" policy on the part of administration..this is kind of a non starter ....
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 20.03.12 11:52

what you're saying is, don't even try to get airsoft approved on campus. i'm saying that the argument that paintball markers don't resemble real steel is a fallacy. therefore, using that as an excuse to ban airsoft is also a fallacy. whether or not it's common is beside the point. the reason is, the petition is for all airsoft to be permitted because all paintball is permitted (there were no exceptions to how realistic paintball markers are or are not).

if realistic real steel paintball markers are permitted, then why can't replica AEG's also be permitted. that is the argument. your answer is: replica PB markers are not common. my reply: but it is still permitted but AEG isn't.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 20.03.12 12:18

i guarantee if you pulled one of those rap4 markers on a cop you'd be shot....same as with airsoft....
    my point that you seem to be missing is that given that campus LEOs have already had adverse experiences with airsoft guns as opposed to the "normal" PB markers that most cops have seen will mean that the request will be shot down by the chief of campus PD out of hand....you know, the guy that the administration will channel this kind of request through?..since he is the head of campus security?..
    my question is this....if the "team" can't practice on campus,and there aren't events and games on campus ,then what is the point of this situation other than folks just being to unwilling to properly transport and store their weapons from home in the name of their convenience...or perhaps they could have one team member who lives off campus hold and store the guns at his place?....just because you a SPU airsoft team doesn't mean they need to have all their stuff there..

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 20.03.12 12:47

why are you so anti AEG on campus? why would anyone want to point anything at a cop? it's not too hard to convince the decision makers that rules will be followed if AEG's are permitted to be stored on campus. if it is never exposed in public, why would campus LEO be concerned? there are reasons why students may want to store their gear on campus. for one, some are out of state students, another, they work on their own AEG's. it's not uncommon for some students not to go home for months at a time. if students have friends off campus, good for them. not everyone lives off campus.

we're airsofters bro, why you gotta hate?
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 20.03.12 13:03

no hate..just realism.....given the current situation on the ground at SPU i just don't see it happening....you daughter has a better chance getting it started at KSU.....plus there is also the legal liability issues that the school would want addressed..given their low budget, i just can't see it being something they throw themselves into..
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 20.03.12 18:08

The only thing i have heard at collages is there were people that had airsoft guns in there dorm and someone contacted the campus PD because they thought there guns in the building. So if that's the issue then they should establish a list of kids on campus with airsoft guns and there shouldn't really be a problem if people no its airsoft and not a real gun.Heck all you can do is try. There no loss if your petition fails.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 20.03.12 20:22

Miracle wrote:As some of you might already know, I'm trying to start an Airsoft team as a club sport at Kennesaw State University. I have a friend whose starting an Airsoft team at Southern Polytech. We've been helping each other out a little with tips and things, and my friend ran into a problem. Alot of his Polytech guys don't live around the area, and it's a hassle to transport airsoft guns like that. He wants to allow airsoft guns on campus, but the authority figures say they're too realistic. They had an incident before and aren't ready for a repeat apparently. But Paintball guns are allowed on campus. My friend has a bunch of rules set out for airsoft guns on campus, and even offered to store all of them in one place, just for the team. But the cheif of police said no... If you believe in his cause, help him out and sign his petition. There's more information on the petition.

petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/allow-airsoft-guns-on-spsu-campus?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=friends_wall#

hey here is an idea lets not get people shot? oh wait that's too intelligent for you............
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 20.03.12 20:36

savoy6 wrote:no hate..just realism.....given the current situation on the ground at SPU i just don't see it happening....you daughter has a better chance getting it started at KSU.....plus there is also the legal liability issues that the school would want addressed..given their low budget, i just can't see it being something they throw themselves into..

NEVER STOP KIDS FROM TRYING no matter what you think
    they hold our future in there hands.
    teach them to work for what they want
    do not tell them not to try
    to try and fail is noble
    to never try is to fail
    this is something they want.help them do it.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 20.03.12 20:36

wolf six wrote:

hey here is an idea lets not get people shot? oh wait that's too intelligent for you............

So uncalled for...

poopdaddy wrote:
    NEVER STOP KIDS FROM TRYING no matter what you think
    they hold our future in there hands.
    teach them to work for what they want
    do not tell them not to try
    to try and fail is noble
    to never try is to fail
    this is something they want.help them do it.

Well said Bob, Well said.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 20.03.12 23:05

Her name is Miracle for a reason."You can do it" lol
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 20.03.12 23:13

Here is the deal, you have your guns all nice on your peg board in your room, you are gone, someone decides to play with them. At the same time officers are patrolling the hallways because someone has reported the strong scent of pot from the hall you are on. Said idiot steps into the hallway with the officer, officer reacts by shooting said student.

Even though you are not responsible for their decision to play with your stuff, you are still at fault. Why? you wanted your guns on campus and now someone is dead/ injured because of it.
    Along with this, it is also your fault if someone shoots a roomie in the face/eye/mouth because they had guns on campus.

I ask that the people of MAA do not support this because it will only lead to incidents and proliferate bad firearms handling procedure.
    Also should an incident occur it could get air soft teams banned from all college campuses.

^this is why i say mean things ghost
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 20.03.12 23:41

LoL...

you want to ban AEG's before it gets banned. another Liberal comes out of the closet...

Last edited by -a|ex on 21.03.12 0:19; edited 1 time in total
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 20.03.12 23:59

Everyone seems to assume that all guns are kept in the open on a peg-board. You could, and probably should, keep them locked up in a secure place. Get a hard-shell gun case and throw a lock on it. There, now no-one but you can get to it. Or get one of those cabinets you can put a padlock on and store your entire collection in one place. Heck, you could even get a fancy gun vault; the fancy metal ones built like a bank safe. A lock will repel a lot of curious morons.
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 21.03.12 0:24

-a|ex wrote:LoL...

you want to ban AEG's before it gets banned. another Liberal comes out of the closet...

why'd you change your post? DD:
    Doomise
    Doomise

Post  Doomise 21.03.12 0:38

If you can keep all your team's gear in a LOCKED room or in safes, then I don't see why you can't have airsoft guns on campus. But others should chill out on this thread because they are just a mad person, lol
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 21.03.12 1:07

Miracle wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:LoL...

why'd you change your post? DD:

it's like trying to convince a liberal that guns are not evil. it will fall on deaf ears.
    Doomise
    Doomise

Post  Doomise 21.03.12 1:09

Guns are not evil, just the people that handle them
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 21.03.12 1:23

the one thing i dislike about this forum is that ,unlike other forums i'm on where you can't edit your posts after they have been read,some people here love to type stuff to get a response, then edit their postings so it looks like others are responding to stuff that hasn't been said...even your daughter noticed that... Shocked

uh ,ok alex....why don't we take the statement from your original post out to is logical end...why don't we let high schoolers and middle schoolers have them at school too?....i mean, if we just teach them proper gun safety they should be fine,right?..(this aspect might be why you deleted your original post).
    lets see..college students without supervision,other folks in dorm rooms,cases of natty ice,dope ....and airsoft..sounds like a plan...nothing could possibly go wrong with that...
    airsoft is not a "human right"......the second amendment covers guns.....not toys,not replicas,not airsoft...guns...
    and i like how you use the "liberal" label for those that are raising valid problems with your theories...way to 'ad hominem' that up...lol..

poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 21.03.12 1:38

i say you can do as much if not more damage with a fork.
    so do we need to take forks off campus?
    i like how everyone seems to think the airsoft team will end all and cause trouble.
    paintball--can put out eye
    airsoft--can put out eye
    paintball--can break a nose
    airsoft--can break a nose(if you use gun as club)
    drunk with paintball gun--can shoot up cars and buildings
    drunk with airsoft gun--can shoot up cars and buildings(you just don't need to clean up paint)
    this list can go on and on(and maybe get funny)
    it's not like they will have the guns in the hall
    and i am sure they won't store them with all the drugs and beer

stupid people will do stupid things with what they have
    evil people will do evil thing with what they have
    nice people will do nice things with what they have

but some people will never look past there own opinions
    it is sad
    but you still have hope
    i hear obama is running again

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 21.03.12 2:09

savoy6 wrote:the one thing i dislike about this forum is that ,unlike other forums i'm on where you can't edit your posts after they have been read,some people here love to type stuff to get a response, then edit their postings so it looks like others are responding to stuff that hasn't been said...even your daughter noticed that... Shocked

uh ,ok alex....why don't we take the statement from your original post out to is logical end...why don't we let high schoolers and middle schoolers have them at school too?....i mean, if we just teach them proper gun safety they should be fine,right?..(this aspect might be why you deleted your original post).
    lets see..college students without supervision,other folks in dorm rooms,cases of natty ice,dope ....and airsoft..sounds like a plan...nothing could possibly go wrong with that...
    airsoft is not a "human right"......the second amendment covers guns.....not toys,not replicas,not airsoft...guns...
    and i like how you use the "liberal" label for those that are raising valid problems with your theories...way to 'ad hominem' that up...lol..

how about we let this subject go. some wants to keep airsofting underground in fear of it getting banned and others want to see it go mainstream and let it's popularity overshadow the bad incidents of irresponsible people. we can go point to point without really convincing the other to say "o boy, you are right and i am wrong". that ain't gonna happen...

if you don't want to support it, then don't. but let the ones that want airsofting to grow make their first step in doing so.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 21.03.12 2:20

ahhhhhh poop......the 'reduction to the ridiculous argument'?...lol..and now any folks that disagree are obama voters AND liberals?....guess you are officially out of salient points.....

you know what alex?...you're right...let them go ahead and have at it .....since most of the arguments they'll run into have already been listed...so maybe they'll be prepared and so they can't say they didn't know why they got turned down...so seriously,good luck to them on it...

and uhhh..just FYI....airsoft hasn't gone mainstream in 15+ years ...if it hasn't happened yet already ,then it probably won't anytime soon..

Last edited by savoy6 on 21.03.12 2:42; edited 1 time in total
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 21.03.12 2:25

savoy6 wrote:ahhhhhh ......the 'reduction to the ridiculous argument'...lol..and now any folks that disagree are obama voters AND liberals....guess you are officially out of salient points.....

you know what alex?...you're right...let them go ahead and have at it .....since most of the arguments they'll run into have already been listed...so maybe they'll be prepared and so they can't say they didn't know why they got turned down...so seriously,good luck to them on it...

and uhhh..just FYI....airsoft hasn't gone mainstream in 15+ years ...if it hasn't happened yet already ,then it probably won't anytime soon..

LoL, it's mainstream in japan... therefore, it's not impossible. it's only impossible if no one tries.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 21:24