Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
Hippie
Twitch
poopdaddy
flipa
DELTAx64
9 posters

some of my favorite things :)

DELTAx64
    DELTAx64

some of my favorite things :) Empty some of my favorite things :)

Post  DELTAx64 27.03.12 12:02

i guess you could all this a loadout lol but idk heres a list

vest...protective products MTV coyote
    jacket...flame-resistant ACU multi-cam
    pants..flame-resistant ACU multi-cam
    helmet...SDS modified MICH 2000
    ballcap...condor spec ops multi-cam
    gloves...mechanix impact pros
    boots...wolverine low rise hiking boot

some of my favorite things :) Photo020
    flipa
    flipa

some of my favorite things :) Empty Re: some of my favorite things :)

Post  flipa 20.04.12 23:12

82nd Airborne???

Post  Guest 21.04.12 15:35

in b4 "its a tribute to soldiers"
    in b4 "you didnt earn it"
    in b4 "its not offensive and not against the law"
    in b4 "it offends me"
    in b4 "it doesnt offend me so it cant offend you because what i find offensive and don't find offensive is the ultimate end all of what things are offensive to who"

And I already know who is going to say every last one.

Also, I despise those boots. Everything else is very very nice though.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 21.04.12 19:01

Aggressor wrote:
    in b4 "it doesnt offend me so it cant offend you because what i find offensive and don't find offensive is the ultimate end all of what things are offensive to who"
    man
    i am glad someone finally figured it out.
    i thought i was the only one who knew i was the center of the universe lol! lol!

nice loud out man
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.04.12 0:12

Looks Like a pretty nice Kit you got there man.

I like the patches, trust me when I say this though. 82nd Airborne...not as cool as everyone thinks lol.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 23.04.12 17:39

Aggressor wrote:And I already know who is going to say every last one.

Oh really now? I changed my signature; figured I'd make it easier on myself. Now I don't have to work as hard to stir up conflict.

On topic: Seriously, I know everyone else has said it but you really need some actual desert tan combat boots. I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of players that use hiking boots for airsoft. Just hit up a surplus store and pick up some used ones; your loadout will thank you.

Twitch wrote:I like the patches, trust me when I say this though. 82nd Airborne...not as cool as everyone thinks lol.

'Cause out of all the units that take to the skies, Air Cav is the best!

Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 23.04.12 18:07

Hippie wrote:

No.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 23.04.12 18:10

Hippie wrote:
    On topic: Seriously, I know everyone else has said it but you really need some actual desert tan combat boots. I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of players that use hiking boots for airsoft. Just hit up a surplus store and pick up some used ones; your loadout will thank you.

You would be suprised at the amount of hiking boots guys use in theater. I wish I could wear hikling boots instead of desert boots.

Go Merrel if you have the money.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 23.04.12 18:59

Ghost wrote:
    Hippie wrote:

No.

Yes.

Read my location and signature. There's a reason I have a particular dedication to cavalry, particularly the 1st Calvary Division (which I'm creating an impression of). It's not because they have the most obnoxiously large patch and are one one of the most famous and decorated units in the Army, though that's pretty sweet, it's mostly because I want to be a Cavalry Scout after high school. Cavalry all the way! Besides, Air Cav no longer exists. It's all airmobile/ air assault.

Twitch wrote:You would be suprised at the amount of hiking boots guys use in theater. I wish I could wear hikling boots instead of desert boots.

Go Merrel if you have the money.

Some of those actually look pretty sweet. I'm not familiar with current U.S. Army regulations, but I thought boots had to be desert tan with a tan outsole, be 8" to 10" in height and not look like a sneaker. I didn't see any Merrells that fit the bill. Eh, it doesn't effect me yet. I guess I'm just a traditionalist; I still prefer standard combat boots to hiking boots.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 23.04.12 19:56

Trust me.. You'll be begging for something more comfortable when you're forced to wear desert boots. The issued ones aren't bad but when you see other people wearing Oakley's, Converses, Bellevilles, Rockys, etc. you'll be asking for it too. It also depends on you SOP.

And Twitch... there you have another Cav Scout.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 23.04.12 20:02

Whatchu talkin' 'bout? I wear combat boots everyday of the week but Friday, since that's PT day. I find them quite comfy, especially after they're worn in. I got 2 pair of my dads old standard issue ones, one pair are the black leather combat boots and the other pair are panama sole desert boots, and some fancier NIB desert Bellevilles that are pretty nice. Since they switched up the Airforce's uniform regulations, he didn't need 'em and gave them to me. They're a tad large, but nothing an extra pair of socks cant fix.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 23.04.12 20:12

Hippie wrote: Some of those actually look pretty sweet. I'm not familiar with current U.S. Army regulations, but I thought boots had to be desert tan with a tan outsole, be 8" to 10" in height and not look like a sneaker. I didn't see any Merrells that fit the bill. Eh, it doesn't effect me yet. I guess I'm just a traditionalist; I still prefer standard combat boots to hiking boots.

They do have to be within regs...depending on your CSM or RSM. Our current CSM is standard crazy, and it annoys the heck out of me and most of the other people. Granted I am not one for traditions or tradionalism, so I usually butt heads with a lot of people in the army. Like I said though, Merrel makes some really nice boots, that go well with loadouts and are used by a good number of people in theater.

Also a question, do you have any plans for your vest or your mich? Mich would look good with a headlamp and IR Strobe.

And a Cav Scout...Well I will hold my toungue. Dont want to get off topic anyway.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 23.04.12 20:14

Well I guess I wear them basically 24/7 with the exception of when I go sleep or do PT that I just get tired of boots now. I'm not saying standard issue desert boots are bad, I just prefer to wear what works for me. Just so happens that I like my Rocky's and Bellevilles better than the issued ones.

Our CSM says yes to buying your own boots but our 1SG is "No, you're still in IET go wear your issued boots".
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 23.04.12 20:52

Twitch wrote:They do have to be within regs...depending on your CSM or RSM. Our current CSM is standard crazy, and it annoys the heck out of me and most of the other people. Granted I am not one for traditions or tradionalism, so I usually butt heads with a lot of people in the army. Like I said though, Merrel makes some really nice boots, that go well with loadouts and are used by a good number of people in theater.

Also a question, do you have any plans for your vest or your mich? Mich would look good with a headlamp and IR Strobe.

And a Cav Scout...Well I will hold my toungue. Dont want to get off topic anyway.

Meh, I'm the kind of guy who'll go around with what I've got, figure out what needs to come next then go blow through my paycheck getting it. I just realized that I need better eye pro so I'll be down about $200 after the frames are bought and the prescription inserts are filled out. I wasn't planning on it, but I have to to be a more effective member of my team. The only thing I require is that my gear is all American made, and so far, all of my airsoft gear is.

Though, I suppose to answer your question, I'd probably have some sort of light on the helmet as well as a foliage band with my name and blood type on it. I'm no longer sure if helmet covers are even issued, but I'd use one If I could. As for my vest, as many ammunition pouches for the weapon I'm carrying as possible, a large hydration bladder and some general purpose pouches ought to do it for me. Just have to be USA made. I literally have no idea what brands I would look at, just a general idea of what I would like.
    DELTAx64
    DELTAx64

Post  DELTAx64 24.04.12 0:10

i dont want anybody <CENSORED> about my patch by the way i earned it in away when i spent a week with my bro out in the field at FT.bragg dont ask how i got to do that just know there was some sneaking in but thanks for the comments i love my vest never will find another one with the soft plates in it again,but i got some new things ill have to put up i already have desert boots but they just look funny with the multicam ill stick with my hiking boots,i got some si assault gloves like eveybody els had i gave in to trend XD i still need a gun so i can start playing again anybody have something they wanna trade hit me up

Post  Guest 24.04.12 12:27

some of my favorite things :) 12820110

MFW This thread
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 24.04.12 15:04

Ok, This thread just went downhill quick. Spending a week in the field on an FTX does not count as earning a patch. Especially if you were just a visitor. Now, knowing Bragg Security as I do, how operations are run, and the extensive details behind FTXs, I am going to go ahead and say you cant "sneak in". Now, wearing a patch to show your respect, or if you think the unit is cool, or if you just eant to wear it for kicks and giggles. Thats one thing. Saying you earned it because you spent a week in the field? Son, you just stepped in a totally different ballpark. Just my 2 cents.

Now, I was not posing the IR strobe and light tou you Hippie, I should have made myself more clear. I was under the impression that you were primarily vietnam era stuff, which is cool. However, should you ever look into a more modern kit (cus thats what I got from your reply) Pm me, I will point you in the right direction of trusted, American Made gear. Warning it Is very expensive, but honestly well worth it. My pouches continue to hold up after Extreme use after almost 3 years in most cases. And a lot of people on here will attest that I am VERY rough on my gear.

Deltax64, I was actually posing the Mich and IR strobe question to you. Also if you still need a gun look at the WTS thread here on the forum. There are many great deals ther.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 24.04.12 17:11

Twitch wrote:Now, I was not posing the IR strobe and light tou you Hippie, I should have made myself more clear. I was under the impression that you were primarily vietnam era stuff, which is cool. However, should you ever look into a more modern kit (cus thats what I got from your reply) Pm me, I will point you in the right direction of trusted, American Made gear. Warning it Is very expensive, but honestly well worth it. My pouches continue to hold up after Extreme use after almost 3 years in most cases. And a lot of people on here will attest that I am VERY rough on my gear.

I was wondering why you thought I had a MICH and vest. I figured that, since I was talking about enlisting, you were asking about what I'd do with the stuff that was issued to me. Though, I was thinking about picking up some gear to start a modern loadout for some of the large OPs that requier it. My dad has some old stuff he doesn't want, like his MICH he never took out of the box, a PASGT helmet, and I already have his boots. I just don't have the cash to devote myself to a non-Vietnam loadout right now.

Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 24.04.12 19:25

HOLY CRAP TWITCH!!!!! Shocked

I guess we could have just spent a week in the woods and gotten a patch. Instead, I spent 25ish years traveling around the globe avoiding "Black Palm",killer ants, howler monkeys that throw poop, and killer bees...in Panama, "Buy-me-drinkie" girls in Korea, "Celebratory Fire" in Bosnia, direct and indirect fire, IED's, and VBIED's in Iraq, attacking Russians in the Former Republic of Georgia, and lastly, more direct/indirect fire and IED's in Afghanistan. I dunno......that "week in the field" sounds pretty good.

I am not b*%t-hurt by someone wearing a Unit patch on the LEFT arm. But to say you "earned" it by sneaking on to Bragg and spending a week in the woods????? Not even close son. Not even close. Do yourself a favor. Never repeat that again. Just say that your "Bro" is in the 82nd and you really respect those guys so you wear the patch to Honor them. Sounds much better.

Now, I don't think I will revisit this thread to see if I hurt someones feelings. You are young and allowed to make mistakes. Just don't be surprised or upset when an Old Guy like........myself......jumps up to inform you of said mistake. Just learn from it and drive on.

flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 24.04.12 20:11

Wow. I don't want to jump in but saying that you've earned a 82nd Airborne Division patch in a way even though you're not even enlisted is just too far. Some of us on here have gone through way more than just a week long FTX to even earn a unit patch. I've been through BCT and 5 weeks of AIT and I'm about to be stationed to Korea and I don't even have a unit patch. I don't even have rank at all, I'm just a fuzzy. I'm going through all that and I haven't earned ANYTHING yet. Maybe the title of soldier but still, I'm just an IET soldier still. I wouldn't go as far as saying you went through a week long FTX and poof you earn a 82nd patch. Sgt Andy here like he posted has been through WAY more and Twitch here is even over there doing his job WITH the 82nd.
    DELTAx64
    DELTAx64

Post  DELTAx64 24.04.12 20:59

Aggressor wrote:some of my favorite things :) 12820110

MFW This thread
    atleast he has a rain coat XD
    DELTAx64
    DELTAx64

Post  DELTAx64 24.04.12 21:15

Twitch wrote:Ok, This thread just went downhill quick. Spending a week in the field on an FTX does not count as earning a patch. Especially if you were just a visitor. Now, knowing Bragg Security as I do, how operations are run, and the extensive details behind FTXs, I am going to go ahead and say you cant "sneak in". Now, wearing a patch to show your respect, or if you think the unit is cool, or if you just eant to wear it for kicks and giggles. Thats one thing. Saying you earned it because you spent a week in the field? Son, you just stepped in a totally different ballpark. Just my 2 cents.

Now, I was not posing the IR strobe and light tou you Hippie, I should have made myself more clear. I was under the impression that you were primarily vietnam era stuff, which is cool. However, should you ever look into a more modern kit (cus thats what I got from your reply) Pm me, I will point you in the right direction of trusted, American Made gear. Warning it Is very expensive, but honestly well worth it. My pouches continue to hold up after Extreme use after almost 3 years in most cases. And a lot of people on here will attest that I am VERY rough on my gear.

Deltax64, I was actually posing the Mich and IR strobe question to you. Also if you still need a gun look at the WTS thread here on the forum. There are many great deals ther.
    i got an IR strobe last week a real on it was like 20 bux on ebay and works i was shocked it worked XD but all in all i need some comtac's,VAS shroud and a gun and this KIT is almost done im basing off my avatar picjust need a few more things then im good to go..your right about the patch but big deal i dont slap on a uniform and walk around downtown actin like somethin im not i just feel that i did and as far as the sell thread hell with that ppl want way to much for used guns used guns hold they value like used underwear
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 24.04.12 22:22

So you did sneak on to a military base and are bragging about it on a public forum?

some of my favorite things :) Tumblr_m0zn8xeYvr1qhq1pjo1_250
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 25.04.12 13:36

I can hook you up with a complete ak, for a good price
    DELTAx64
    DELTAx64

Post  DELTAx64 10.05.12 14:09

wolf six wrote:I can hook you up with a complete ak, for a good price
    whats it look like? and how much we talking bout?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 15:36