Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Twitch
#CW!!ZERO
wolf six
mwilson
8 posters

help me with a new loadout!

mwilson
    mwilson

help me with a new loadout! Empty help me with a new loadout!

Post  mwilson 10.04.12 10:42

Im trying to get a list of the things i need to make my new load-out, Im going after a standard US soldier set up. Im looking at a pantac force recon land vest in tan, and i just got some hard knuckle gloves, new standard issue boots, and i already have a ACU combat shirt and pants so id like to stay with tan or coyote brown. my question is what all do i need to make a legit load-out, and where can i get it? thanks guys.
    wolf six

help me with a new loadout! Empty Re: help me with a new loadout!

Post  wolf six 10.04.12 12:26

Shop around on here or check out local army navy stores.
    you can also try evike or other air soft sites.

only thing i recommend is avoid rothco boots. I bought some about a month ago and they are nearly worn out
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 10.04.12 13:22

mwilson wrote:Im trying to get a list of the things i need to make my new load-out, Im going after a standard US soldier set up. Im looking at a pantac force recon land vest in tan, and i just got some hard knuckle gloves, new standard issue boots, and i already have a ACU combat shirt and pants so id like to stay with tan or coyote brown. my question is what all do i need to make a legit load-out, and where can i get it? thanks guys.

I have a Pantac Chest rig for sale if your interested.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 10.04.12 17:51

Well, aside from the vest, if your going for the soldier look your going to need a Helmet. There are a number of different helmet styles out there, but Your going to be looking for a MICH 2000 or possibly a MICH 2001. Or you could just rock a boonie or ball cap and save yourself some money.

Your going to need a camelback of some sort, and camelbaks are pretty much neccessary for the summer months. Recommend you get one that will attach to your plate carrier. Kind of a pain in the <CENSORED> to refill, but personally, I hate having straps and shit hang around me and fall off and stuff.

Again, if your going for looks, you will need some knee pads. I hate knee pads and never wear them if i dont have to, but thats just me. If you want some thought, try Alta superflex knee pads.

Dont forget your eyewear. Revisions or Oakley M frames are a must. Can be pricey if you use them for only airsoft. I wear mine around as well. Look better than most people cheap sunglasses and ballistically rated. Screw you guidos! huzzah!

Your vest is going to need a variety of pouches to include mag pouches, utility pouches, a dump pouch, and a first aid kit. Now a lot of people will say you dont need all of this for airsoft, and you sometimes dont, sometimes it really is just for looks. But if you want it get it, I know I use all of my pouches for airsoft, even though some people think its excessive. Stuff falls out of pockets, and I dont like things banging on my leg anyway. In my vest I keep spare ammo, speed loaders, spare batteries, some granola bars, dead rag, spare radio, maps, gps, etc.

In the end it all comes down to you and what you want, also if you are on a budget, look here on the forums for some gear, economy is tough and people are always selling things. Usually you can find some good stuff on here.

Just my .02 cents, but what do I know. Im probably the biggest gear guy on the forum.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 10.04.12 20:51

Depending on your size, i've got like 3 pairs of ACUs that are small-short that I don't need. I also have 2 pairs of Vibram boots that I dont need. They issued me a lot of stuff and I end up only needing so much. The boots are used but trust me they can take some beating. One pair survived all through basic, I've ran, rucked, crawled, and walked on ankle deep water and still no breach. Depending on my orders and when they'll let me go home, I can give you my extra issued stuff for free if you can hang around in a month. I also have a Camelbak they issued me that I am debating if I would give it away and I never used it so idk.
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 10.04.12 21:36

flipa wrote:Depending on your size, i've got like 3 pairs of ACUs that are small-short that I don't need. I also have 2 pairs of Vibram boots that I dont need. They issued me a lot of stuff and I end up only needing so much. The boots are used but trust me they can take some beating. One pair survived all through basic, I've ran, rucked, crawled, and walked on ankle deep water and still no breach. Depending on my orders and when they'll let me go home, I can give you my extra issued stuff for free if you can hang around in a month. I also have a Camelbak they issued me that I am debating if I would give it away and I never used it so idk.
    What size are you flipa? Im lookin for some boots.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 10.04.12 21:42

Asia7th wrote:What size are you flipa? Im lookin for some boots.

I normally wear 9.5 shoes but the way the size you the boots is all weird so you'll have to try them on.
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 10.04.12 21:46

flipa wrote:

I normally wear 9.5 shoes but the way the size you the boots is all weird so you'll have to try them on.
    allright thats my size anyways.
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 10.04.12 22:30

flipa wrote:

I've got a lot of combat boots from my dad, and all of the are bigger then the size says

in tennis shoes i wear a 11.5 and in combat boots i wear a 10.5

@Asia... i have a tone of boots ranging from like 7.5 or 8 -10.5 (jungle boots/od green, leather blk, and desert boots/tan) if you are interested...
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 12.04.12 10:21

Twitch wrote:Well, aside from the vest, if your going for the soldier look your going to need a Helmet. There are a number of different helmet styles out there, but Your going to be looking for a MICH 2000 or possibly a MICH 2001. Or you could just rock a boonie or ball cap and save yourself some money.

Your going to need a camelback of some sort, and camelbaks are pretty much neccessary for the summer months. Recommend you get one that will attach to your plate carrier. Kind of a pain in the <CENSORED> to refill, but personally, I hate having straps and shit hang around me and fall off and stuff.

Again, if your going for looks, you will need some knee pads. I hate knee pads and never wear them if i dont have to, but thats just me. If you want some thought, try Alta superflex knee pads.

Dont forget your eyewear. Revisions or Oakley M frames are a must. Can be pricey if you use them for only airsoft. I wear mine around as well. Look better than most people cheap sunglasses and ballistically rated. Screw you guidos! huzzah!

Your vest is going to need a variety of pouches to include mag pouches, utility pouches, a dump pouch, and a first aid kit. Now a lot of people will say you dont need all of this for airsoft, and you sometimes dont, sometimes it really is just for looks. But if you want it get it, I know I use all of my pouches for airsoft, even though some people think its excessive. Stuff falls out of pockets, and I dont like things banging on my leg anyway. In my vest I keep spare ammo, speed loaders, spare batteries, some granola bars, dead rag, spare radio, maps, gps, etc.

In the end it all comes down to you and what you want, also if you are on a budget, look here on the forums for some gear, economy is tough and people are always selling things. Usually you can find some good stuff on here.

Just my .02 cents, but what do I know. Im probably the biggest gear guy on the forum.

thanks for the info. I'm looking at a pantac force recon land style vest, a question i have is that whats the difference between a land style vest and a mar. style vest? also I'm quiet a big guy so does anyone have a large pantac force recon vest i can try on for size? also what are the differences between the MICH 2000 and the MICH 2001? ps i'm also the kind of guy that's going to have one of everything on his plate carrier, i like to be prepaired for d@#m near anything
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 12.04.12 17:05

The difference between the MARCIRAS and the LAnd version are the way the cumberbund attaches to the vest. Otherwise they are the same.

A Mich 2001 has cutouts around the ears so you can wear PEltors or some sort of comms headset with it. A Mich 2000 does not, the shell continues to about the middle portion of the ear, although it sticks out a little bit so you theoretically can wear comms under it if so desired, however it is very uncomfortable.
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 14.04.12 1:37

Twitch wrote:The difference between the MARCIRAS and the LAnd version are the way the cumberbund attaches to the vest. Otherwise they are the same.

A Mich 2001 has cutouts around the ears so you can wear PEltors or some sort of comms headset with it. A Mich 2000 does not, the shell continues to about the middle portion of the ear, although it sticks out a little bit so you theoretically can wear comms under it if so desired, however it is very uncomfortable.

which west style would you suggest for a big guy like me?
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 14.04.12 15:54

Honestly either one will be fine, practically the same vest. Just make sure you get the right size, which for you is probably a Large.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 27.04.12 12:44

Twitch wrote:The difference between the MARCIRAS and the LAnd version are the way the cumberbund attaches to the vest. Otherwise they are the same.

Peltor comtac 2's actually fit fine under a mich 2000 the 2001 was mainly designed to accommodate the bulkier comtac 1 units.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 4:08