Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me

mwilson
    mwilson

Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me Empty Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me

Post  mwilson 02.06.12 0:41

Well I just finished one of my two gearboxes I need to put together it's been shimmed to a nice standard and lubed properly but once I get it all together there's just a really loud whine to it almost like its straining to pull the 110 spring, a little info on the build it's 16.1 gears super high tourqe motor, infected armory MOSFET , 9.6 battery and steel bushings, I'm using a g&g high speed gear grease on the gears and bushings, anyone have an idea of what it is I can post a video of it of needed
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me Empty Re: Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me

Post  poopdaddy 02.06.12 0:53

maybe its sad lol!

check your motor,may be tight or loose
    when you shimmed the gear box did you put all the screws back in it without the piston,cyl,&spring
    then turn the gears by hand?
    it may be shimmed tight
    hope this helps
    poop
    mwilson
    mwilson

Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me Empty Re: Version 2 gear box won't stop whining help me

Post  mwilson 02.06.12 2:20

When I shimme it everything spun perfectly with very little resistance but know I have no clue as to what it's doing
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 02.06.12 13:01

More then likely its motor height.
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 02.06.12 14:29

#CW!!ZERO wrote:More then likely its motor height.

Nope Tried that no change
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 02.06.12 15:09

did you put all the screws back in the gear box and then see if it would free spin?
    you need to have them tight
    if you shimmed it and just held the half's together then when you put it all back
    it will be to tight.
    also you may have shimmed them wrong they may barely be meshing
    and always
    when in doubt,let rhino figure it out lol!
    mwilson
    mwilson

Post  mwilson 02.06.12 18:26

I guess I'll just check the shims again and I had them tight and they spun freely, I'd let rhino look at it but I'm working Saturdays and have no chance to get down to let him look at it
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 02.06.12 22:54

Make sure that the bevel is not shimmed to tight on the bevel gear.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 03.06.12 19:40

if it's a high pitch whine, then the bevel to pinion gear shimming is too loose.
    if it's a low pitch grind, then the bevel to pinion gear shimming is too tight.
    if the shimming it too tight, the motor will start to heat up very quickly and the rps will be lower than expected.
    if the shimming it too loose, the whining will be high pitched and rps will be very quick.

to properly adjust the motor height, you have to physically see and set the motor height with the top gearbox half with the bevel and motor/grip attached.

before shimming the bevel to pinion (gear on top of the motor), you will have to physically mesh the bevel and pinion together off the gearbox to see if they line up correctly. some pinion gears and bevels do not mate well (angle is off) and is almost impossible to correctly shim.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 20:24