Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
Rock5
Miracle
just some kid
7 posters

Our day at Elite Ops

just some kid
    just some kid

Our day at Elite Ops Empty Our day at Elite Ops

Post  just some kid 09.06.12 19:37

So today my friend, my dad, and myself went to Elite Ops for the first time. We decided we wanted something new and we got it.

First game was a real learning curve and lasted probably not even 5 minutes. It was a respawn team death match game where you had to take out the opposing teams spawn and then eliminate them. The field is layed out pretty nicely so there weren't any major bottleneck areas. Sometimes it did feel a bit crowded but only in a few of the little maze-like rooms. Plenty of room to maneuver around and flank campers. In the middle of the main room is a ramp (not sure what for other than to slide/fall down) that was a great spot to pick off people as the came out of the doors. Throughout the day it was mostly TDM games along with a few interesting rounds of Dynamite (similar to Sabotage in CoD). Gameplay went pretty smoothly for the most part. I didn't have any real hit calling issues and there were refs everywhere on the field. Some refs were helpful while others were a little annoying and constantly yelling to try to get the already fast paced game going even faster. Also not a bad deal with prices - $20 from 10 - 8 and bb's being $15 a bag was about average price. I'm not sure how it is on the average day but when we went it seemed kind of busy but once you get on the field it opened up to where you didn't really notice it. there were probably about 50ish people there. Overall i had fun and will probably return and i would recommend this field to everyone
    Miracle
    Miracle

Our day at Elite Ops Empty Re: Our day at Elite Ops

Post  Miracle 10.06.12 0:54

Thumbs up. (:
    But you didn't say by to me when you left T__T But i'm glad you had fun. The field gets moved around every month to make a new experience. That's why all the bunkers are on wheels. That Ramp was built for the Warehouse Wars thing they had. It was ment to slide and jump down and all that fun stuff. We def. need new games. I came up with a few, but our saturday crowds seem to love the Team Death Match game.
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 10.06.12 1:09

I agree with ya we went a couple of weeks ago during a swap meet Sunday had fewer people but very good layout and we ran three or four different games.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 10.06.12 9:43

Uhh-Yeah...Since I don't do much indoor stuff, I got schooled real quick the first game. At about the 3rd round I was finding my groove and started getting more kills. They have a weird "counting" system to help make the teams even. It is not always based on having the same number of players on each side. It is based more on skill. I was pretty happy to learn that my "rank" had gone from 1 to 3.

Other things I learned/remembered: getting shot at close range, in certain areas, HURTS! People that shoot you in the face at close range when they have your entire body visible....need to practice more. If you get shot and continue to hide there instead of moving back to respawn, don't get all bent out of shape and call someone a mother### when you keep getting shot. Also, ricochettes (sp?) hurt like a son-of-a-gun.

The field: confusing for this first time player, but in a fun way. Also, some of the barricades were moved around between games so it made it kinda new. As with any field, there were a few areas that if you could get to....you could dominate another area. Until you got flanked and were shot up. This place is all about angles. you might be covered in 1 or 2 directions, but eventually, the other side would get you from someplace else. "Surrender" is an option. Sometimes, it really is the best option. I surrendered twice, and had 2 guys surrender to me. The games are fast. Not sure if they are timed or played to completion. I think timed. On the Team DM games, I think it would be a little more fun to let them play out a little longer, especially after respawns have been blown. Also, if there was a way to tell the players which side took that round. The King Of The Hill game at 1500ish, IMHO, was won by No Bands yesterday. I think we killed more Orange Band players as well as getting most of our team in to the room and starting moving to clear the building. I know the only way to "win" is to clear out ALL of the other team, I just think we did a better job of almost making it.

Food: This place has it all. I was not going to get anything, but then the young lady with the tray of burgers came over...I was already hungry, made worse by the fact that you could smell it on the field, and then she had them right there, where I didn't even have to get off my butt to go get one. Very good tactic Elite. If the player won't go to the food, take the food out to the player.

Ref's: really like how the ref's could see almost the entire field from up in their towers. I think it would be cool if they had some kind of catwalk so they could watch more of the field. They told us that when they get reports of certain players not calling hits, they will watch that player more. A catwalk would aid in that. Also, I noticed some pictures on the wall by the restrooms, does EOA have a place on their site that they post pic's from games? I think this would also be a good thing to have. Players that have never been to EOA could see what the field looks like during gameplay and vet's could visit the site to see pic's of themselves and their friends. While they are on the site, they could check a calander, and....maybe stop by the shop and make a purchase. Again, not sure if you have this already.

Well that is about it for my review from yesterday. Had a really great time. Planning of Father's Day. Hope to see some Airdog people there.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 10.06.12 21:40

Hit us up next time yo go, we're here till august
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 11.06.12 6:15

FATHERS DAY!!!!

SUNDAY...SUNDAY...SUNDAY!!!

FREE GAME PLAY!!!

BE THERE!!!
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 18.06.12 20:07

LoL...

other killshots that day...

Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 18.06.12 21:51

HAHAHAHAHAHA.......when you rushed me......."AAAAAAHHHHHH HIT HIT HIT YOU GOT ME ALEX!!!!!!! I knew it was you coming at me, and I knew I was in for pain. So awesome!!!!
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 19.06.12 0:07

Alex! Nice job with the flashlight! Was it your double mosfet idea?
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 19.06.12 9:18

Did you see the video where my brother hit my dad flashlight? His aim was very off....>u<

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 7:51