Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
savoy6
-a|ex
Hippie
Asia7th
8 posters

Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people?

Asia7th
    Asia7th

Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people? Empty Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people?

Post  Asia7th 18.06.12 15:14

I just want to know if this is a problem, my friend wants to know...
    Hippie
    Hippie

Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people? Empty Re: Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people?

Post  Hippie 18.06.12 15:24

Woah! Hold on there cowboy! There is a difference between WWII Germans and Nazis. Being a Nazi is a lifestyle choice, and I'm not going to get into the details. If he's not a real Nazi, then no - it's not offensive. He'd be re-enacting WWII Germans. Now, there are some off limits areas when re-enacting something like this, like never do anything relating to concentration camps. Plenty people airsoft as WWII German soldiers, many even do the SS. It's perfectly acceptable. In fact - there's a site for this: ww2aa.proboadrds.com
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people? Empty Re: Is wearing a "Nazi" unifrom for reenacting offensive to most people?

Post  -a|ex 18.06.12 15:29

no more offensive than wearing a KKK robe for Halloween or custume days. some will get offended, others will laugh it off.

Post  Guest 18.06.12 17:57

No, but I would be careful wearing the Swastika. Wearing the uniform and ranks and such is no big deal, and honestly, for the sake of reenactment, I would not be offended by the Swastika, but I can see anyone who is not aware of the reenactment seeing someone with a Swastika very aggressive and frightful.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 18.06.12 18:09

delimination conflict 1...nuff said....for a ww2 themed game, wearing the uni minus carrying nazi flags or wearing the armband is doable and appropriate.....wearing your SS kit to a regular game is inappropriate....just causes too many issues..
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 21.06.12 14:16

-a|ex wrote:no more offensive than wearing a KKK robe for Halloween or custume days. some will get offended, others will laugh it off.
    This made me smile lol
    drizzetsrevenge
    drizzetsrevenge

Post  drizzetsrevenge 21.06.12 18:13

MSG Ridgeway wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:no more offensive than wearing a KKK robe for Halloween or custume days. some will get offended, others will laugh it off.
    This made me smile lol
    i second that.
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 22.06.12 0:39

drizzetsrevenge wrote:
    MSG Ridgeway wrote:
    This made me smile lol
    i second that.
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 23.06.12 18:44

Thanks guys
    russianairsoftkid
    russianairsoftkid

Post  russianairsoftkid 24.06.12 17:18

man i do 101st airborn and I see Nazi reenactors all the time and no one says anythin, as long as you dont have a hatred for Jews then I dont have a problem

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 20:30