Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+14
S.M.A.
G force
Rhino
Hippie
TheRealBandit
-a|ex
HavenUnitOctopus
Twitch
timm57
MSG Ridgeway
Ghost
flipa
Andy
poopdaddy
18 posters

WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY?????

poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT  COMMUNITY????? Empty WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY?????

Post  poopdaddy 06.10.12 10:39

i have noticed a drop in players as well as traffic on the forums

was it just a hot summer or has the glue that hold us together weakened?
    i know a lot of core players have gone to the military or college,but where are the new guys?
    we need to pull in new players and breath a little life back into our sport.
    i would hate to see it go to mini fields and back yards.i think we have a lot of players doing the cqb thing at some of the indoor fields that have popped up in the last year,and that's great.lets try and get them to some of the outdoor games as well.zombie fest 4 is in a few weeks,lets try to bring some new players with us.
    if we can each get one new player to come,we can help grow our sport.
    the low player counts will kill some of the big ops in GA.
    WE NEED TO GET BACK TO THIS
    WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT  COMMUNITY????? Blackh10
    let me know what you think
    thanks
    POOP
    Andy
    Andy

WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT  COMMUNITY????? Empty Re: WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY?????

Post  Andy 06.10.12 16:42

Yep, I miss those days. For me, work is taking up the vast majority of my time. I put in 6-7 days a week as well as extra hours every day. Unfortunately, I have dropped off and now attend the larger OP's almost exclusively. Bills my friends, suck.
    flipa
    flipa

WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT  COMMUNITY????? Empty Re: WHATS UP WITH THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY?????

Post  flipa 07.10.12 3:58

Having all this gear but being overseas sucks...
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 07.10.12 11:18

Andy wrote:Yep, I miss those days. For me, work is taking up the vast majority of my time. I put in 6-7 days a week as well as extra hours every day. Unfortunately, I have dropped off and now attend the larger OP's almost exclusively. Bills my friends, suck.

trust me i know about the work thing

i hope as it cools down we can get more open game players
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 07.10.12 11:21

flipa wrote:Having all this gear but being overseas sucks...

yep
    we miss you
    no one bums one of my guns and charges blindly at the other team spraying down players 'til he gets hit anymore lol!
    be safe man
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 07.10.12 12:06

poopdaddy wrote:
    flipa wrote:Having all this gear but being overseas sucks...

yep
    we miss you
    no one bums one of my guns and charges blindly at the other team spraying down players 'til he gets hit anymore lol!
    be safe man

Next game, I got you! and just to make it a little memorial thing, my battle cry shall be, FLIIIIIIIIIIPA!!
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 07.10.12 14:28

EOA is sucking the life out of the outdoor fields, i just cant find time to play anymore, i got a early ship date for nov. 26 so im gonna try to play as much as i can until then. i miss acz, its been far to long.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 07.10.12 14:32

Also this forum has died, Everyone uses airsofters of GA on facrbook now.
    timm57
    timm57

Post  timm57 07.10.12 16:33

This sucks to hear, my guys have been trying to get airsoft started up in laurens county but theres no fields around here and with school and sports its hard to attend events. I really hope things will pick back up in the future
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 08.10.12 22:18

The biggest thing is a lack of new people. We have gotten some new faces, but not enough to keep our numbers growing.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.10.12 20:09

Not going to lie I do miss playing me some good old airsoft and the fun at 24 hour ops. I've been out sense the sc vs ga game Razz how sad :/
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 10.10.12 0:10

kids live too far up north and parents don't want to drive over an hour and sit it out during the game. or they live too far south.
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 11.10.12 18:04

Nowadays it just seems like we shun new kids. They come once, and only like 1 in 3 ever come back. Because of school, there's not many chances I'll get to play until December. Hopefully there's an OP.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 11.10.12 20:57

I think one of the factors is also money. People that I've talked to always want a gun under $100, which we all know are reserved mostly for backyard kiddie play. When me and my team mate tell them that they should just save their money, most get turned off. Those who aren't immediately put off, are put off by the overwhelming price of everything, since they always forget about safety equipment, batteries, chargers, BBs and spare magazines. Then they think of the uniforms, gear and gadgets, and that's the end of that.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 12.10.12 12:12

-a|ex wrote:kids live too far up north and parents don't want to drive over an hour and sit it out during the game. or they live too far south.

So the "kids" only live far north or far south? None in between?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 12.10.12 13:34

i think all the micro cqb fields that have popped up are hurting the outdoor play
    most of the new players are playing indoors(and thats ok)
    we need to get them outside and interested in some outdoor play
    i think that will help
    if you only play indoors at the micro mall warehouse places you are missing half the fun.
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 12.10.12 19:20

Have you ever been to Geargetown? They always have a decent turnout
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 13.10.12 2:05

Rhino wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:kids live too far up north and parents don't want to drive over an hour and sit it out during the game. or they live too far south.

So the "kids" only live far north or far south? None in between?

yes, they are up north. usually at georgetown. i ask them why they don't do airdogs and they say their parents don't want to drive over an hour. same with the kids at EOA, SS and metropolis.

i need a bus to haul the kids in between... LoL
    G force
    G force

Post  G force 13.10.12 10:30

I've been out for almost a year now and it kills me. I love this sport/Hobbie and even though I don't get to play nearly as much as I need to It's always on my mind. For me it's time and extra money right now. It seems I have very few weekends that I am not commited to something with the family or work. We do what we can down here, but like my fellow Laurens county guy we don't have any feilds down here and don't have anything to pull us all together. ACZ is over 2hrs drive and GT over 3hrs. I think there are a lot more players like us spread out through out the state that just can't get to the feilds in the metro ATL as often as we want to. I am always promoting airsoft and get new guys every so often and we do what we can with our back yard feilds down here. We do lose about as much as we bring in however, for whatever reasons. I have lost some top notch players (4)to Uncle Sam in the last year,including my eldest son this month. sniff sniff but I am happy for them. Becuse of the drive for us we tend to go to the bigger ops with a car load, but like I said before I have been off this year and just now getting some traction going. I hate I missed Fulda this weekend with the team twas a blast last year. Zombie Fest will kinda be my comeback to metro area and we will be getting into the bigger ops for sure from here on out.

I know a few realy good guys that have dropped out for family commitments like Reaper/Silent Option and LT and you can't knock them for that. Others like me are just strapped for extra cash right now.

We all need to help the new players. Airsoft can be overwhelming at first. I have a starter list that helps get them going for right at $200. combat machine, batt, charger, and eye pro. I promote that becuse I don't want them to waste money and they can always move up, but you can't really get started for less than that. If they can't afford that I tell them to just save up it's worth it. Those that I have helped with that haven't been disapionted and soon are hooked and upgrade gear then better or different type gun.
    When we are at the feilds help the new guys out, be sure to welcome them in. no wants to come to a new feild and go away without interacting with peeps. encouage them back and forth to respawn give helpfull hints and such. try not to belittle them by all means no matter there style of play, gun or load out. Same goes for the forums some of us just can't spell LOL.
    I know for me it is always good to see familiar faces and joke around. It bothers me to see the clicks and those that think the are some kind of airsoft god. it just a game for crying out loud.
    One more thing that I think helps get peeps to the feilds. Talk it up on the forums it's about the only way we can promote airsoft. A little friendly trash talk and chater gets peeps attention, even if they don't respond on the forun they are watching. Sometimes I make a special effort to get to something because I know certain peeps will be there or ther is some old rival going on.
    just my thoughts, see yall at Zombie Fest4!!!
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 14.10.12 20:31

I wish I could come out and play sometime, just a lil short on funds. maybe in a year or two though guys. saving up for eithor a good 416 or s-system.
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 18.10.12 20:02

poopdaddy wrote:i think all the micro cqb fields that have popped up are hurting the outdoor play
    most of the new players are playing indoors(and thats ok)
    we need to get them outside and interested in some outdoor play
    i think that will help
    if you only play indoors at the micro mall warehouse places you are missing half the fun.
    If your wondering who keeps riding by honking the horn thats me bruh afro I agree wih the statement in your post to. sadley i will not be able to make it to zombiefest.
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 24.10.12 7:45

Well said G-Force.
    PrinceofPinoys
    PrinceofPinoys

Post  PrinceofPinoys 25.10.12 14:53

For me its mostly money, alot of the huge operations are about 2-3 hrs or even further away and i cant swing the gas money cuz of college, the only close place to me is ACZ, i love that field.

and i agree that alot of ppl are doing indoor, indoor is fun and all but outdoor is where its at
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 08.11.12 22:59

a week and nothing but for sale posts?...is this ASF now?
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 09.11.12 7:51

savoy6 wrote:a week and nothing but for sale posts?...is this ASF now?

For real.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 8:52