Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

Y Tactical Sling

Contra.
    Contra.

Y Tactical Sling Empty Y Tactical Sling

Post  Contra. 11.05.13 21:50

Hey guys, I was just making this post to see if anyone knows about the Y Tactical Sling. It seems like a good concept but before I go off and get one, please let me know what you think. The reason I want to get one is because when I attach my M203 to my weapon, it becomes awfully heavy (I would say probably 10-12 pounds) and using a sling like this would help spread the weight. Currently I use a 1 point sling that I put my left arm through the hole, and throw it over my shoulders to attach at my weapon (See my profile pic or the pic of me on the field for a visual). This method is nice because it keeps my weapon in the pocket of my shoulder, but is kinda uncomfy and puts strain on the back of my neck and my traps. Let me know your opinions. thanks

Below is a link to the Y Tactical Sling and how it works

http://www.rockymountaintactical.net/product.php?id_product=17

See you guys next weekend hopefully,

Contra
    Twitch
    Twitch

Y Tactical Sling Empty Re: Y Tactical Sling

Post  Twitch 11.05.13 22:33

This is just my opinion, but I have a terrible time transitioning to a sidearm with a one point sling. Most of the guys I work with and most of the experiences I have have shown that one points just dont allow for a smooth, quick transition.

If I may make a suggestion, I have a few of these and I love them to death. Get the CNC adjuster, you wont be sorry. http://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-padded-sling/
    Contra.
    Contra.

Post  Contra. 12.05.13 8:32

The reason I was looking at the Y Tactical Sling was to distribute the weight across both shoulders when I am rolling the HWS kit (M203 on my weapon). That sling doesnt look too bad though if I was not using the M203.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 12.05.13 11:02

Ive rocked that sling while carrying the 320s and I didnt have too much of a problem while balancing the weight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11.05.24 11:38