Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Mableton Area new Group seeking new players.

neogeoss4
    neogeoss4

Mableton Area new Group seeking new players. Empty Mableton Area new Group seeking new players.

Post  neogeoss4 19.05.13 1:53

How are we doing airsoft fans, My name is Gary and I'm getting together a team of airsoft players to nuke it out, most of us are starters/amateurs and are not well acknowledged with how more official games run, BUT we have a couple of spots we use for training and plan to use for a couple of outdoor games, theres a small amount of us but we hope we can get together, hang a bit and go out there have some fun while shooting each other with our airsoft guns. if interested let me know, most of the times were getting together mondays and wednesdays afternoon.
    we got a few rifles, pistols, mp5s and all that good stuff. were just ready to face some challengers.
    Contra.
    Contra.

Mableton Area new Group seeking new players. Empty Re: Mableton Area new Group seeking new players.

Post  Contra. 19.05.13 9:00

Welcome to the forum. Most of the games run during the weekend (Saturday mainly and sometimes Sunday) there are quite a few fields around here, both indoor and outdoor. You should check out airdogs combat zone, team airsoft in George town, elite airsoft, and SS airsoft for starters.if you visit airsoftatlantas store, I know they have a list of pretty much all the airsoft places in Atlanta. If you guys have any questions, let us know and we will help you out the best we can.

Contra.
    neogeoss4
    neogeoss4

Mableton Area new Group seeking new players. Empty Re: Mableton Area new Group seeking new players.

Post  neogeoss4 19.05.13 10:03

We havent really visited any of the airsoft stores around the cities asides from the paintball/airsoft store up in marietta and the reason we dont visit them much is because they are crazy expensive and just the one on marietta they dont seem to allow us to bring our guns in to talk about them or nothing, we do usually hit surplus stores... anyways, most of the group happens to work all weekend long because of our work line, so its an option for those who happen to have days such as mondays and wednesdays off.
    Contra.
    Contra.

Post  Contra. 19.05.13 10:36

Have you tried looking online? You can find some stuff at good prices on websites or you can get used stuff off the "Classifieds" adds on forums. check these places out if you need somewhere to start

www.airsoftgi.com
    www.evike.com
    http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Buy-Sell-Trade-f149.html
    http://americanmilsim.com/forum/ there is a want to buy and want to sell section down at the bottom.

there are alot of other places you can pick stuff up such as Ebay or Amazon...

Look around. you will be surprised at what is out there.

Contra
    neogeoss4
    neogeoss4

Post  neogeoss4 19.05.13 12:49

i did mention we got guns already and our collection keeps growing, were on those sites like nobodys business. reason why we dont do the stores.
    Contra.
    Contra.

Post  Contra. 19.05.13 13:38

just because you have guns doesn't mean you have all your gear....and sorry for trying to help.
    neogeoss4
    neogeoss4

Post  neogeoss4 19.05.13 13:55

I appreciate the help and input dont take me wrong, i apologize if u think im just being a D. were just looking for people to play with, maybe a couple more seasoned players to teach us some ropes a bit more.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 19.05.13 17:43

There are quite a few teams in the area. You'll meet some of them soon I'm sure, but if you want to get to know some other guys just post up where you are going to play and someone will probably chime in about meeting you there. Contra covered a majority of the fields in the MA area.
    How many guys do you have that you play with currently? What style of play do you like?
    neogeoss4
    neogeoss4

Post  neogeoss4 19.05.13 19:12

Like I said, were a starter group, still waiting on a few other guys to get their airsoft act together, so far its like six of us, we usually play 3v3 deathmatch style since we haven't had the chance to hit any of the more dedicated fields, I have been meaning to go to SAS... but generally the rest of the guys are busy on friday afternoons and I'm not in the mood to go out by myself and not know somebody and be running around like a D, not knowing who to team up with and stuff...
    We have a spot we tackle on its about an acre of nothing but trees, obstacles, small shacks and thick jungle like setup... we nicknamed it "NAM" cause it feels like vietnam back in the war days so we just go to "NAM" and go deathmatch, I mean if people are interested we could arrange to get together, play a few games and then grab a bite afterwards discuss airsoft? theres a wing place next to where we play...
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 20.05.13 9:26

Best thing to do is get out & play just go with it... most people start out with a weapon, mag & face pro. Find a field there will be players of all types New players, old salts, COD softers(stay away be ware) Mil sim players (usually comprised of long time friends with many years of experience & team work) they will split everybody into teams (bands,no bands) Game on! you find out how good you really are or find out your not, you watch & learn be a honest player learn some more , participate, learn team work. That's the only way to really get involved it's kinda like a brotherhood you just can't walk in you must be HAZED( not literally) people have to meet you see how you play, you attitude all play a BIG part...Hope this helps good luck hope to see you out.
    Aggressor
    Aggressor

Post  Aggressor 20.05.13 12:57

^Agreed. Your best bet is to avoid walking into a new environment clutching your groin and giving everybody the staredown so they all know you "mean business", then howling like a fool every time you "achieve" something on the airsoft field. That's the fastest way to get alienated and once it comes time to pick teams, you will find yourself last on the roster and frequently traded around no matter how good you are. A positive and welcoming attitude and respectful play will go miles. When it comes to the larger games it doesn't matter who you are, you are going to NEED other players to back you up if you want your side to win....and if you have made your team out to be the lone wolf bad A's, you'll be treated as such, and you will lose. Just a heads up, seen alot of guys come in and attempt this, only to get out of airsoft rather quickly.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 20.05.13 14:03

I still howl.

In all honesty this is a glorified BB gun war. Are there tactics? Sure. But just have some fun out there and you'll fit right in.
    neogeoss4
    neogeoss4

Post  neogeoss4 28.05.13 3:33

for those that may be interested, we had got a challenge from a local team, they left us hanging... so we have started visiting SAS and we found it to be a ton of fun, we may be forming a more solid team and may be looking for other people to meet and mingle about airsoft up at SAS. we will likely be attending SAS next wednesday.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 4:50