Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+13
NJSC
weed
MagisterMortis
Takfire
B Boy
sniper2525
Admin
BigD
scooter
Airsoftguy238
Alpine
#CW!!ZERO
Q-bald
17 posters

Score Board

Q-bald
    Q-bald

Score Board - Page 3 Empty Re: Score Board

Post  Q-bald 20.07.09 15:22

What happened to GDS? Did they drop out of the competition?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 20.07.09 15:37

Q-bald wrote:What happened to GDS? Did they drop out of the competition?

Nope they are still playing. But im not sure whats been going on. I know they have had a few tough battles. I think they have needed a few fill in players too but I may be wrong
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 20.07.09 15:47

My two cents. First off, let me just say I'm happy PWNY is in first place. IMO we've busted our asses to be there. As far as my opinion goes on make up games, it comes from an airsoft player looking at the bigger picture from a player point of view. The incentive to show up for games should have come along with the fifty dollar team entry fee. If teams paid out the money and then for whatever reason they feel they got in over their heads or just want to hit the snooze button and say Pffffft, then they should get the big 0 for the day if there team doesn't show up. Me and Doc (Stephen) work second shift from 4pm-2am Tues-Fri here in LaGrange. You can easily do the math as well as I can. On a good Friday night, I get three hours of sleep crammed in before 6am when I need to get up and get the truck loaded and head off to PNWY's meet up point. On a bad night like this past Friday night, I got a whopping one hour of sleep, partly due to going over player sets for the match and just thinking about the match with ImCas (yeah, I was a bit stoked) in general. Pardon my digression, but I'll tie it all togehter. PWNY and Dagger Unit travel the furthest of all the teams in the SAAL. Dagger Unit even more so when they have a game at PBO. It's not fair for any of the teams that have shown up through thick and thin to be slighted on points due to a team that hasn't shown up and then gets to play a team other than the one it was scheduled to play. For the next SAAL season maybe a set schedule should be in order. I don't think Ghost teams are the answer either but given that this if the first ever SAAL it's played the filler role decently. Possibly each of the top four teams could ask for volunteers to play on the SAAL Ghost team. At least in this way there would be a smattering of half way decent players to put out there. I'm trying to keep this first SAAL season in perspective and allow for some growing pains.
    Todd / MagisterMortis
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 20.07.09 16:21

MagisterMortis wrote:My two cents. First off, let me just say I'm happy PWNY is in first place. IMO we've busted our asses to be there. As far as my opinion goes on make up games, it comes from an airsoft player looking at the bigger picture from a player point of view. The incentive to show up for games should have come along with the fifty dollar team entry fee. If teams paid out the money and then for whatever reason they feel they got in over their heads or just want to hit the snooze button and say Pffffft, then they should get the big 0 for the day if there team doesn't show up. Me and Doc (Stephen) work second shift from 4pm-2am Tues-Fri here in LaGrange. You can easily do the math as well as I can. On a good Friday night, I get three hours of sleep crammed in before 6am when I need to get up and get the truck loaded and head off to PNWY's meet up point. On a bad night like this past Friday night, I got a whopping one hour of sleep, partly due to going over player sets for the match and just thinking about the match with ImCas (yeah, I was a bit stoked) in general. Pardon my digression, but I'll tie it all togehter. PWNY and Dagger Unit travel the furthest of all the teams in the SAAL. Dagger Unit even more so when they have a game at PBO. It's not fair for any of the teams that have shown up through thick and thin to be slighted on points due to a team that hasn't shown up and then gets to play a team other than the one it was scheduled to play. For the next SAAL season maybe a set schedule should be in order. I don't think Ghost teams are the answer either but given that this if the first ever SAAL it's played the filler role decently. Possibly each of the top four teams could ask for volunteers to play on the SAAL Ghost team. At least in this way there would be a smattering of half way decent players to put out there. I'm trying to keep this first SAAL season in perspective and allow for some growing pains.
    Todd / MagisterMortis

No one could of said it any better MagisterMortis. You hit the nail on the head.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 20.07.09 18:58

MagisterMortis wrote: I'm trying to keep this first SAAL season in perspective and allow for some growing pains.
    Todd / MagisterMortis
    As are we . . . the ghost teams and substitutions for non-roster players rather than forfeits is at best a bad substitute for strictly enforced league rules but I think we all know that this year it will work out just fine . . . as someone said Saturday, it ain't like we're playing for a shiny new Corvette! lol! lol!
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 20.07.09 18:59

Or maybe if you allow make up games have them for less points.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 20.07.09 20:18

I agree with no make up games, if you cant show up to the game then that's your fault. So far we have only had one game where all of our team is at the game and we have been to everyone so far.
    weed
    weed

Post  weed 18.08.09 11:27

[quote="Tinman"]
    MagisterMortis wrote: as someone said Saturday, it ain't like we're playing for a shiny new Corvette! lol! lol!
    Wait...we aren't???? DUDE!!!! I quit! I thought we where getting a new corvette out of this!
    Takfire
    Takfire

Score Board - Page 3 Empty SAAL Scores

Post  Takfire 18.08.09 12:36

Sorry about the lack of recent updates for the SAAL games.

SAAL team scores after Game 6 as follows....

PWNY Express = 445 points
    Immortal Casualties = 440 points
    Dagger Unit = 262 points
    Cereal Killers = 241 points
    Brothers of Plastic = 91 points
    The Resistance = 64 points
    Wolf Pack = 40 points
    Georgia Dragons = 20 points

Please visit the AIRDOG website for individual game results.
    http://airdogairsoft.com/2009SAALTeams.html

Hope to see everyone at SAAL Game 7 - 08/22/09 @ Paintball Outfitter!
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 29.08.09 17:39

The scores are final!
    Big props to all the SAAL teams that entered in the first annual event.
    Congratulations to Team Immortal Casualties as the winner of this years AIRDOG Airsoft SAAL 2009.

Point totals as follows...

Immortal Casualties: 545.0
    PWNY Express: 492.5
    Dagger Unit: 361.0
    Cereal Killers: 241.0
    Brothers of Plastic: 92.5
    The Resistance = 64.0
    Wolf Pack = 40.0
    Georgia Dragons = 20.0

Congratulations to all the players that also won stuff in the raffle!
    As I stated in the closing for SAAL.
    I appreciate the teams that completed SAAL to the end.
    There were many good comments and player feedback that we will take to heart in future tourney events.

Thanks again to all the SAAL players!

Tak

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content