Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
NJSC
Lone Wolf
ontargetairsoft
Spectre
8 posters

Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars"

Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars" Empty Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars"

Post  Guest 29.06.09 21:50

So, as many of you know, I took a few nasty hits at the SAAL game. The most prominent ones being my forehead and my lip. As it turns out, the hit to the lip actually punctured through to the other side, and saliva, not water as I though, had been seeping through all day. Now, I have heard many people complain on the forum about having "scars for life" from hits like this, and I'm here to tell you that when cared for properly these little pecs in your skin can be healed over without any trace left behind. Here is how to keep those nasty BB hits from scarring.

Supplies:

Hydrogen Peroxide
    Neosporin
    Guasse Pads
    Bandaids
    Rough towel

Step 1: This, depending on the person, is the worst step of all. First, you want to wash your hands very well. Next grab a clean but rough cloth, and scrape off the scab that formed around the impact of the BB until it bleeds again. Make sure that all scabbing has been removed.

Step 2: Cleaning, take a guasse pad and put some HydroPerox on it, continue to thoroughly clean the "wound", until blood is no longer visible.

Step 3: Sterilize, take the Neosporin and put a generous amount into the area and around it. This should keep the bleeding from reappearing in large portions and keep the scabbing minimal.

Step 4: Finish, place a bandaid over the area.

This should be done twice a day until the scab becomes small and almost un-noticable, at which point it should only be done once a day. Eventually, there will be nothing left but your prestine skin, no marks or scars. Hope this helps!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars" Empty Re: Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars"

Post  Spectre 29.06.09 22:29

Aggressor Dog wrote:So, as many of you know, I took a few nasty hits at the SAAL game. The most prominent ones being my forehead and my lip. As it turns out, the hit to the lip actually punctured through to the other side, and saliva, not water as I though, had been seeping through all day. Now, I have heard many people complain on the forum about having "scars for life" from hits like this, and I'm here to tell you that when cared for properly these little pecs in your skin can be healed over without any trace left behind. Here is how to keep those nasty BB hits from scarring.

Supplies:

Hydrogen Peroxide
    Neosporin
    Guasse Pads
    Bandaids
    Rough towel

Step 1: This, depending on the person, is the worst step of all. First, you want to wash your hands very well. Next grab a clean but rough cloth, and scrape off the scab that formed around the impact of the BB until it bleeds again. Make sure that all scabbing has been removed.

Step 2: Cleaning, take a guasse pad and put some HydroPerox on it, continue to thoroughly clean the "wound", until blood is no longer visible.

Step 3: Sterilize, take the Neosporin and put a generous amount into the area and around it. This should keep the bleeding from reappearing in large portions and keep the scabbing minimal.

Step 4: Finish, place a bandaid over the area.

This should be done twice a day until the scab becomes small and almost un-noticable, at which point it should only be done once a day. Eventually, there will be nothing left but your prestine skin, no marks or scars. Hope this helps!

I am unclear as to what a guasse pad is. is it anything like a gauze pad?

Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars" Empty Re: Proper Treatment of "Airsoft Battle Scars"

Post  Guest 29.06.09 22:53

No, a guasse pad is mounted on top of a Warthog, its where you put your shoulder when you fire the Guasse cannon, which fires a solid mass projectile at incredible speeds using magnetism as its propulsion. So, put HydroPerox on the shoulder pad of the Guasse Cannon and complete the steps.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 29.06.09 22:57

Aggressor Dog wrote:No, a guasse pad is mounted on top of a Warthog, its where you put your shoulder when you fire the Guasse cannon, which fires a solid mass projectile at incredible speeds using magnetism as its propulsion. So, put HydroPerox on the shoulder pad of the Guasse Cannon and complete the steps.

Is that like a Gauss cannon?

Post  Guest 29.06.09 23:08

No, its the economy line of the Guass cannon, hence the e at the end of it, Guasse, for Guasse(conomy). It uses less power to achieve the same effect, but saves you money.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 29.06.09 23:17

Aggressor Dog wrote:No, its the economy line of the Guass cannon, hence the e at the end of it, Guasse, for Guasse(conomy). It uses less power to achieve the same effect, but saves you money.

Is guass a new technology that is based off of gauss?

Post  Guest 29.06.09 23:20

No, they are one and the same, the International Board of Really Smart Scientists got together and changed the spelling, didn't you get the memo?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 29.06.09 23:48

I was part of the committee that changed it back actually. I thought I told you.
    ontargetairsoft
    ontargetairsoft

Post  ontargetairsoft 07.07.09 18:33

That was the best "Off Tanget" disscussion I've seen on a first aid post. Thanks for the entertainment.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 07.07.09 22:36

My apologies, and we do our best.
    ontargetairsoft
    ontargetairsoft

Post  ontargetairsoft 08.07.09 9:13

No apology required....made me laugh.

Post  Guest 08.07.09 10:38

So the final verdict is, spelling based upon the most recent meeting of the IBoRSS, to clean out you airsoft scabs, you must first retrieve a special remote control, found only in the possession of that old guy from the movie "PleasantVille", which will teleport you into your Halo game. Then, you must fight your way towards a Gauss Warthog, taking out your Hydrogen Peroxide and splashing the shoulder pad of the weapon. Then, take of your mask, be wary lest you see the reflection of your face and find out what MasterChief actually looks like, such an event is a time-space paradox and will cause the universe to collapse around you, then, peel off your scabbing and rub the cut down raw until it bleeds. Push your face onto the shoulder pad of the cannon and get all that hydrogen peroxide in there nice and good. The, pull out some NeoSporin and fill the cut so as to stop the bleeding and sterilize it. Place bandaid over. Place mask back on. Continue epic 90 minute journey to find your way out of the television and back into reality.

Do this twice a day.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 08.07.09 10:55

I knew someone who was had third degree burns going up his entire forearm, to keep it from scabbing he was told to do the exact same procedure.

Now the one problem I have is heredity cursed me with sensitive skin that reds easily. I may not get a scar after I heal from a large wound but it will be red for a long time afterwards.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 08.07.09 17:05

Aggressor Dog wrote:So the final verdict is, spelling based upon the most recent meeting of the IBoRSS, to clean out you airsoft scabs, you must first retrieve a special remote control, found only in the possession of that old guy from the movie "PleasantVille", which will teleport you into your Halo game. Then, you must fight your way towards a Gauss Warthog, taking out your Hydrogen Peroxide and splashing the shoulder pad of the weapon. Then, take of your mask, be wary lest you see the reflection of your face and find out what MasterChief actually looks like, such an event is a time-space paradox and will cause the universe to collapse around you, then, peel off your scabbing and rub the cut down raw until it bleeds. Push your face onto the shoulder pad of the cannon and get all that hydrogen peroxide in there nice and good. The, pull out some NeoSporin and fill the cut so as to stop the bleeding and sterilize it. Place bandaid over. Place mask back on. Continue epic 90 minute journey to find your way out of the television and back into reality.

Do this twice a day.

For how many days? Very Happy

Post  Guest 08.07.09 21:45

FOREEVVVEEERRRR
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 09.07.09 0:09

Aggressor Dog wrote:FOREEVVVEEERRRR

That's pretty intense. I don't know if I could handle being the master chief every day. I'd rather be Lord Commander Dante of the Blood Angels.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 15.07.09 10:47

Hey quick thing. Hydrogen Peroxide not only kills the bacteria, but it also kills healthy cells that are trying to heal the wound.

Post  |337 15.07.09 10:51

I thought alchohol killed both and hydrogen peroxide only killed bad stuff
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 15.07.09 10:58

Nope that's why they tell you when you get piercings and stuff not to use HO.

Post  Guest 15.07.09 18:21

I think you have that mixed up. I dont know about Hydrogn Peroxide, but I do know that Alcohol is a universal killer. Its essentially an unsurvivable enviroment for any life form.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 15.07.09 18:27

Yes like if you put alcohal on a scorpian it will go crazy and sting itself to death
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 15.07.09 18:39

Nah dude I just saw it on that show "The Doctors" today.

Post  Guest 15.07.09 18:53

Well, I believe you about the Hydrogen Peroxide thing, but I can't see alcohol being any better. There isnt anything that can survive alcohol.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 13.08.09 23:20

Aggressor Dog wrote:So the final verdict is, spelling based upon the most recent meeting of the IBoRSS, to clean out you airsoft scabs, you must first retrieve a special remote control, found only in the possession of that old guy from the movie "PleasantVille", which will teleport you into your Halo game. Then, you must fight your way towards a Gauss Warthog, taking out your Hydrogen Peroxide and splashing the shoulder pad of the weapon. Then, take of your mask, be wary lest you see the reflection of your face and find out what MasterChief actually looks like, such an event is a time-space paradox and will cause the universe to collapse around you, then, peel off your scabbing and rub the cut down raw until it bleeds. Push your face onto the shoulder pad of the cannon and get all that hydrogen peroxide in there nice and good. The, pull out some NeoSporin and fill the cut so as to stop the bleeding and sterilize it. Place bandaid over. Place mask back on. Continue epic 90 minute journey to find your way out of the television and back into reality.

Do this twice a day.

You are sutch a friggin nerd Paul! geek
    Very Happy
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 04.01.10 16:32

Vitamin E also helps to reduce scar tissue, you can get it in pill form.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16.10.24 6:23