Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

New G&P M4A1 Carbine....Making Advertised Speed.

Black_Bart
    Black_Bart

New G&P M4A1 Carbine....Making Advertised Speed. Empty New G&P M4A1 Carbine....Making Advertised Speed.

Post  Black_Bart 30.06.09 16:09

I recently received my G&P M4....and I'm loving it. It is advertised to shoot at 350fps to 400fps. I shot it through the chronograph today and its getting consistently 355-365fps. Well that is in the advertised velocity range, but I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do...tweaks, to get closer to 400fps? or tactically is there really any advantage to that extra speed? What are most folks shooting in the field?

I also bought a Lipo which says you might want to upgrade spring to M120 or above. Well I have a brand new M120 spring...but should I replace it? I might risk going above 400fps which is above at least I know Georgetown rules.

Any opinions or advice?
    Radar
    Radar

New G&P M4A1 Carbine....Making Advertised Speed. Empty Re: New G&P M4A1 Carbine....Making Advertised Speed.

Post  Radar 30.06.09 16:22

Well. FPS...... if it's lower.... it might be because the gun is built better, with more durable parts. Upgrading the fps really doesn't make all that much of a difference from 365 to 400. You're still getting more or less 1 joule of kinetic energy.

Current date/time is 19.05.24 11:20