Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
NJSC
BigD
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
Electioneer
Q-bald
Admin
10 posters

Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II Empty Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II

Post  Admin 27.07.09 15:40

So, I know that a lot of you guys attended OP: Korphe, and by the way, through our cut of the field fee, the raffle, water sales, and corporate and private donations, we raised nearly $2,000. Most of that will go to the Central Asia Institute, some of it will go to repay costs, and the rest will go into a bank account to put on future games.

Anyway, speaking of future games:

I know that there were some concerns about the chrono station, and I can assure you that by Korphe II, at whatever field we host it at (be it at Area: 13 or somewhere else) this will be fixed. We'll be marking guns with zipties, and as an added measure, I'll be purchasing a chronograph so I can randomly check guns on the field.

I've heard mostly good things about the mortar rules, that players liked the new dimension added to the game, etc, but that the mortars were too numerous. Please note that the mortars were something I thought up, and it was the first time I've ever experimented with them, so obviously some things are going to need to be tweaked. I know that some of you guys saw the AT-4 tubes on the field from previous games, and I may try to incorporate either AT-4 tubes or LAW tubes into future games, as those empty tubes can be had for relatively cheaply.

So what do you guys think? What are some suggestions/constructive criticism you have? Did you like the game? What could we change?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II Empty Re: Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II

Post  Q-bald 27.07.09 16:11

The only Prob. I had was from a distance the red and pink tape looked very similar and sometime i couldn't tell them apart
    Would have been easier for me if the red an pink were on the same side vs Blue. I liked the 15 min respawn because it gave my tired old butt a chance to catch my breath. Mortars were cool and so were kill boxes. Medics would have come in handy towards the end of the day, I was so tired of walking back to the Spawn by then. All in all it was a blast and you did a great job putting it together..........DJ Grocery 2 Represent.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II Empty Re: Suggestions for future MAA Relief Events/OP: Korphe II

Post  Electioneer 27.07.09 16:28

As stated in chat he is my idea for revamped mortars:

A number faux motor shells would be placed around the field painted something bright. A number of mortar tubes would be embedded around the field. These tubes would only be able to target a certain area of the field however the shells can be carried to any tube. You drop the shell in the tube and tell the ref which bunker to destroy. Then the shell is kaput and no longer useable.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 27.07.09 16:31

You need to turn the A/C on next time. lol. and if you do anything, make sure to keep those objectives. Those were some cool ideas of yours.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 27.07.09 16:33

Reed, we may try do do something like that. The only problem I can see with that is the cost of shells. In the future, we may try do do something with the AT-4 tubes or buy some LAW tubes. For example, at the beginning of the day, each AT-4/LAW tube would have, say 5 duct-tape bands around it. When you want to kill a bunker, a ref takes one of the bands off and kills that bunker. Or something similar.

As for the red/pink thing, that was my fault.

Will, which objectives are you referring to? The King-of-the-hill style thing?

Last edited by Admin on 27.07.09 16:34; edited 1 time in total
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 27.07.09 16:33

Electioneer wrote:As stated in chat he is my idea for revamped mortars:

A number faux motor shells would be placed around the field painted something bright. A number of mortar tubes would be embedded around the field. These tubes would only be able to target a certain area of the field however the shells can be carried to any tube. You drop the shell in the tube and tell the ref which bunker to destroy. Then the shell is kaput and no longer useable.

That's a great Idea Reed.....Not only would it be a harder objective to complete, It would make it much more realistic. and why not use tennis balls painted florescent Pink as shells after it is used, the ref can just throw it back into play. As far as cost goes, I have lots of 3" and 4" Pvc that could be made into faux mortar tubes that i can donate.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 27.07.09 18:04

Admin wrote:Reed, we may try do do something like that. The only problem I can see with that is the cost of shells. In the future, we may try do do something with the AT-4 tubes or buy some LAW tubes. For example, at the beginning of the day, each AT-4/LAW tube would have, say 5 duct-tape bands around it. When you want to kill a bunker, a ref takes one of the bands off and kills that bunker. Or something similar.

As for the red/pink thing, that was my fault.

Will, which objectives are you referring to? The King-of-the-hill style thing?

Im just saying the objectives you had were genius. Taking that satellite to the top of the tower was alot of fun.
    BigD

Post  BigD 27.07.09 18:49

I think that the mortars, once used, should be used up until the next respawn horn
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 27.07.09 18:53

Why not say hey there are x number of shells/flags on the field and they can only be used 1 time then it must be till the next (or two) respawns before they are back in play. There was much mortar then quick flag recovery in the last game, and there were a few who took complete advantage of it.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 27.07.09 19:36

I had two complaints about an excellent day.

1st: The tape, Pink looked like Red from a distance and we had several friendly fire and target confirmation issues.

2nd: The God forsaken motorcycle wheel bunker. This thing was such a hassle for me. The first time I went to flip the the flag I ran through it knocking over one stack ending up on the other side. The next time I slide in a knocked a stack over again. The "flag" things were also really annoying. I have several splinters from them. They also weigh enough to knock over the tire stacks too which happened twice. I think it just wasnt sturdy enough but I dont blame anyone for that. It made it interesting. hahah

Nothing major, I loved the game.

For good things to keep.

1st: I was really the only one to experience this, but the Chem Weapon objective was a ton of fun and extremely intense. Having to find the key and undo the locks while the enemies are coming back from the spawn was quite intense. I dont know if the Taliban had an objective like this but definitely add more.

2nd: The mortars, they allowed for objectives to be taken and added an interesting angle to the game.

3rd: Great story, Korphe II hopefully can deliver even more.

4th: The running objetive throughout the day to hold the towns was an excellent idea and kept things fluid.

5th: Staff, Airdog and Josh, you should probably keep those guys. They did a fantastic job
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 27.07.09 20:12

Yeah, that's a good idea for the mortars/flags, where they're only reinserted on the half of the hour or so.

As for red/pink, I originally thought I had green, and by the time I realized I had pink, it was too late. My fault.

The tire bunker, we were going to get that shored up on Friday, but drills were dying and we had too few people. Another oversight on my part Sad.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 27.07.09 20:13

Q-bald wrote:The only Prob. I had was from a distance the red and pink tape looked very similar and sometime i couldn't tell them apart
    Would have been easier for me if the red an pink were on the same side vs Blue. I liked the 15 min respawn because it gave my tired old butt a chance to catch my breath. Mortars were cool and so were kill boxes. Medics would have come in handy towards the end of the day, I was so tired of walking back to the Spawn by then. All in all it was a blast and you did a great job putting it together..........DJ Grocery 2 Represent.
    same here it was hard to tell who was red and who was pink
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 27.07.09 20:34

Admin wrote:Yeah, that's a good idea for the mortars/flags, where they're only reinserted on the half of the hour or so.

As for red/pink, I originally thought I had green, and by the time I realized I had pink, it was too late. My fault.

The tire bunker, we were going to get that shored up on Friday, but drills were dying and we had too few people. Another oversight on my part Sad.

Maybe anchor them with stakes or something? All you would have to do is anchor the bottom tire. But that might be hard with the ones that are already tied up.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 30.07.09 14:46

M80s!!!! I think their should be homemade airsoft grenades allowed. Why? They are realistic and thats what were trying to get at. Another thing the airsoft battles that take place in England/Scotland have them and their featured in the Scoutdoggie videos if you are on Youtube.com . I think they really come in handy when your running up on bunkers and barriers.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 30.07.09 14:56

Bulldog94 wrote:M80s!!!! I think their should be homemade airsoft grenades allowed. Why? They are realistic and thats what were trying to get at. Another thing the airsoft battles that take place in England/Scotland have them and their featured in the Scoutdoggie videos if you are on Youtube.com . I think they really come in handy when your running up on bunkers and barriers.
    The thing about homemade airsoft grenades is that they would have to be non-pyrotechnic. So that would rule out 99% of homemade airsoft grenades.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 30.07.09 18:12

what about cold burning smoke grenades? I got some in SC and you just pull a ring
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 30.07.09 18:18

Airsoftguy238 wrote:what about cold burning smoke grenades? I got some in SC and you just pull a ring

Ant thing you would like to try to get on the field, Is up to the field owner.
    Demo whatever you have for Alpine and he will say yes or no. I am in the works on getting some smoke on the field now.
    Getting ready to test my prototype in just a few minutes,Then will take to Alpine for approval.

How much did those pull ring smoke nades cost?
    How long do the emit smoke? 30 sec? 60 sec?????????????
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 30.07.09 18:37

I dont remember how lonh they last the last time i used one was at the secobd airdog hosted area 13 game

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 6:31