Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+14
reconsniperga
jkeeble2
{ACE}Steve-o
Valkyrie1
Gunny1.5
frog
MagisterMortis
Alpine
sniper2525
Lone Wolf
#CW!!ZERO
Q-bald
weed
Tinman
18 posters

Area13 getting ready for new concept in airsoft!

Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Area13 getting ready for new concept in airsoft! - Page 2 Empty Re: Area13 getting ready for new concept in airsoft!

Post  Gunny1.5 30.08.09 21:17

Tinman wrote:
    weed wrote:
    Tinman wrote:
    weed wrote:your like a second father, so it works out.

I take that as a pretty dang big compliment! affraid
    crap, cant have you thinking I am going soft on you, time for the Dis.
    Well, you are old enough to be my father. I think 60 qualifies. Very Happy

Not gonna let up this time . . . gonna hang em over yer ears! affraid lol! affraid lol!

I dont get it confused confused
    Tinman
    Tinman

Area13 getting ready for new concept in airsoft! - Page 2 Empty Re: Area13 getting ready for new concept in airsoft!

Post  Tinman 30.08.09 21:23

Sorry, inside wedgie joke, way off topic . . . my bad.
    weed
    weed

Post  weed 30.08.09 22:23

Tinman wrote:Sorry, inside wedgie joke, way off topic . . . my bad.
    Psh, lets go old man, ill take ya!
    Valkyrie1
    Valkyrie1

Post  Valkyrie1 31.08.09 14:22

i like it cant wait area 13 has always been my favorite field and cant wait this sounds awesome
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 31.08.09 15:27

Valkyrie1 wrote:i like it cant wait area 13 has always been my favorite field and cant wait this sounds awesome

Thanks Valkyrie1 it's been awhile since you've been able to play with work.But we got a spot for ya to fill always like having you out at the field you and your brother are awesome players. Very Happy
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 02.09.09 19:19

are yall going to deny memberships? I just think that could get a little unfair. I mean im not trying to start an argument or debate or whatever, it just seems like for this sport to "grow", yall would want to encourage new players. By having a policy where your membership can be denied, that doesnt sound very inviting I.M.H.O. I love area 13, and the club idea sounds like a good idea, but personally i wouldnt be happy if i found out my membership was declined, no one would.

Just a thought i had, as i know CK is all about the sport growing. Who isnt? its great to see new faces and get them involved. It just seems like the "decline" rule could turn people away from this great sport because its not inviting at all.

let me again state....not trying to start an argument or debate, thats saved for PM's....hehe.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 02.09.09 21:11

{TxS}Steve-o wrote:are yall going to deny memberships? I just think that could get a little unfair.

There is not an airsoft team represented on this forum that would not deny access to certain other players and none of us would deem that "unfair." The action of denying access is not "unfair" when it is done by a representative body based on that team's experiences with certain players and their desire to grow their team with like-minded players.
    In the case of Area 13, I think most people recognize the names of the guys that have accepted spots on the board . . . each of these guys is committed to the sport and creating an environment in which it can grow.
    In short, yes, it is possible that players would get denied. That does not make it any more "unfair" then you denying access to your home to a visitor from another religion or a travelling salesman . . . they have different priorites/intentions and you are well within your rights to politely send them on their way. Area 13 is first and foremost Alpine's family home. He opens it to us voluntarily and he is paying to help make this happen just like the rest of us. ALL OF US ARE HIS GUESTS even when we are "members" of Area 13. That means we are committed to help grow the sport and protect the interest of the landowner, the legal responsibilities, and the motive for pure unadulterated FUN!
    I hope everyone understands that and trust some or all of the guys we've chosen as leaders. It is our desire to make sure that every member and every guest at Area 13 conducts themselves as a honored guest at another man's home . . . that WILL grow the sport and that WILL prove to be a blast.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 02.09.09 22:05

i understand its alpines home. Im just saying that as a "club" as the title states, it seems not right to deny people access before they have a chance in the club. I have been in 4H clubs througout highschool, been on boards, and the whole nine yards. I guess its just a shocker to me to hear you can be denied access into the club before ever even given a chance. If you catch my drift.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 02.09.09 22:29

{TxS}Steve-o wrote:i understand its alpines home. Im just saying that as a "club" as the title states, it seems not right to deny people access before they have a chance in the club. I have been in 4H clubs througout highschool, been on boards, and the whole nine yards. I guess its just a shocker to me to hear you can be denied access into the club before ever even given a chance. If you catch my drift.

No worries . . . there will almost certainly be players who do not wish to join. Some will elect to only come as guests of friends who are members, others will elect to only come to certain events hosted at the field, and some will elect not to come at all. Part of this is tough to understand unless you have owned a home and dealt with the risk of insuring and protecting your personal property. Alpine has been inviting folks to play airsoft at his property since 2001. This effort allows him to have the insurance needed to do that and keeps the cost ridiculously low . . . MUCH cheaper than it ever has been without this in place.
    Sure, we hope folks see this as a HUGE advantage because it makes airsoft more affordable, more frequent, and possibly even more fun. When having to choose between pay-per-play fields and playing in a neighborhood . . . I find myself very thankful for Dave and Deborah who have opened their home and for the guys on the board who share the committment to not take that priveledge lightly. AND, having gotten to participate in the many private games that take place and enjoyed that level of camraderie with these guys . . . I am just stoked at the opportunity to see folks get to show up and play their hearts out even when they do not have another $15 for fees and BB money that day . . . they get to play just because a group of folks laid the ground work, along with a HUGE dose of hospitality to make it possible. THAT is what airsoft is about IMHO.
    PLAY ON! cheers
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 02.09.09 22:59

It's not unfair at all. All apps go through eight different people so just because one person might have a problem with someone does not mean that the other seven do so it can be passed with the majority vote.Players create their own back ground if you play with good sportsman like conduct well everyone sees that. the same if you play unfair or start trouble everyone sees that as well. I want to give people the chance to have a place to play that doesn't have alot of drama yea I know there is no perfect world here but that doesn't mean that we can't try to make it better for the ones who want to.Right now there are teams out there that won't let you play with them if you don't own certain gear does that make them unfair no they just have standards for there team.Alot of things you'll do in life will require you to go by certain standards even in the work place.And as far as rules go all fields have them if you go by them or not there still in place.Mine are set up different than most but I'm trying something a little different so if it don't work out and no one joins it's not a big deal I'm not in this for money anyways.There are alot of you that will read this that I have comped a game to or give free food or gatorades to.I done that to give back to airsoft.I'm not forcing anyone to do this and I'm not in competition with anyone's field or any store.The money that is being made is going to Operation Home Front anyways.So this is not to benefit me it's for players who want to play airsoft with others who share the same goals for the sport. I hope that makes some since as to why I'm heading in this direction and to let everyone know how I feel about airsoft.Like I said I'm not trying to pull anyone away from anyone else I'm just giving the option to have a great time playing airsoft.I encourage everyone to make as many Op's as possible by who ever has them at what ever field.Thanks Alpine
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 03.09.09 8:00

Here is my take on it! And this is only my opinion.
    The Purpose of a "Members only club" is not to keep people out, It's to get the right people in.If you are the leader of a team,you would not just accept any stranger be part of your crew just because he/she said they wanted to, you would hold open try outs to watch that players style, find out their morals, and their over all compatibility to see if they would be a good fit. To me, this is no different than accepting a Club member....Imagine knowing you were heading to a game where there was a HUGE team of like minded players.
    Seems like a win to me. Being that there will be 8 board members who are like minded, but all have different personality's and opinions, there should be a variety of people out there playing. If for some reason someone out there feels guilty for something they have done in the past, and feels they would be declined due to that reason, They are probably correct. But you would be surprised how People can be forgiving and problems can eventually be worked out.. It's never to late for any apology. The way I see this Club growing is Members can bring guests. I have several people in mind to bring out and if they are a good fit with the program, They also can become Members,Then they can bring guests and so on. The concept is Great! I think everyone who reads this has at some point seen a Strange walk on player come onto a field and cause problems. The whole point of this(BESIDES THE LOW COST BONUS) is to eliminate that.
    Again, This is only my take on the topic and I know some of you out there value my opinion.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 03.09.09 13:37

So why cant people that work at airsoft stores join? I have helped at airdog before when there becomes an overload of guns to help out Rhino, so that means I cant join?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 03.09.09 13:58

#CW!!ZERO wrote:So why cant people that work at airsoft stores join? I have helped at airdog before when there becomes an overload of guns to help out Rhino, so that means I cant join?

It's Membership Board members that must be over 21 years of age and not employed by the airsoft industry.
    Not members.

And lastly: If ya dont like the rules, Dont Join!.....If ya wanna Play Airsoft and not Dramasoft, Then please apply
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 03.09.09 14:14

Well said Q It's right there in the by-laws about membership and Board members.As a member you can work anywhere you want to.I just don't want Area 13 Board Members to be employed by the airsoft industry to avoid bias decisions.Thats all. Very Happy
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Post  jkeeble2 03.09.09 14:25

#CW!!ZERO wrote:So why cant people that work at airsoft stores join? I have helped at airdog before when there becomes an overload of guns to help out Rhino, so that means I cant join?

but back to area 13 don't make this into something its not its not the popular girls table in the cafeteria or some sort of airsoft click its just airsoft and if you don't want to participate don't post negative stuff just keep your comments to yourself.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 03.09.09 16:31

to Alpine and Q, sorry I thought it was all members couldnt be wroking at an airsoft store, not just the board members, my bad.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 03.09.09 16:57

Alpine wrote: We are trying something a little new.I don't want anyone to think this is to pull anyone away from any airdog events. It is my wishes that you continue to play any field any event in Georgia that you can attend.Players have the right to choose what events or fields they want to play at and should never be put in the middle of a power struggle between fields or event holders.Area 13 will give players the ability to afford to play year around at our field with out breaking apart the penny bank.At the price we have selected for memberships this gives the player a good field to play on at a price they can afford and gives them the ability to afford to play at other events as well such as R.P.G., Paintball outfitter, The Vineyard Church Yard, George Town, Georgia Airsoft ,Battle Zone

This is part of what Alpine wrote...So Please guys don't turn these new changes into some sort of Side choosing.
    And Please respect this thread....I know a lot of you have loyalty to Airdog and that's Great! Alpine is not trying to compete with them
    at all. Airdog is a business and Alpine is just a guy who wants to share his awesome field with respectable players in a NON-PROFIT
    scenario. So Why all the Hate? I would hope that the Airdog staff would look down on the Trash talk as well.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 03.09.09 17:08

Oh my, we have an interwebz fight. Kids, don't make me pull this thread over (lock it).

Area13 getting ready for new concept in airsoft! - Page 2 128809454942849366
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.09.09 17:12

As with any thread everyone can stay on topic.
    This thread is not a soapbox for anyone to try to point fingers. Either you like the idea of Area 13 or you don't. If you don't, let your wallet do the talking and don't join . . . Plain and simple. Cool

Thread cleaned to stay on topic.

Last edited by Tinman on 03.09.09 17:18; edited 1 time in total
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Post  jkeeble2 03.09.09 17:14

good luck with this awsome plan for area 13
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 03.09.09 17:16

There is a PM system for this stuff.

Last edited by reconsniperga on 03.09.09 17:18; edited 1 time in total
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 03.09.09 17:16

Guy's it's simple if you have a point to make about how the field is being setting up please post your concern but don't attack what I'm trying to do.If you don't want any part of it then leave it be.It's that simple.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 03.09.09 23:10

i didnt attack, i was just trying to figure out some of the rules. :/
    Kilo
    Kilo

Post  Kilo 06.09.09 21:10

I cannot wait to play again at area 13........been way too long! The club thing sounds great and I think this will turn out to be great and I am looking forward to being on the board.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 06.09.09 21:24

Kilo wrote:I cannot wait to play again at area 13........been way too long! The club thing sounds great and I think this will turn out to be great and I am looking forward to being on the board.
    Kilo, we are proud to have you! Look forward to shooting at ya VERY soon! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 09.05.24 21:14