Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet.

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet. Empty Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet.

Post  NJSC 11.10.09 13:07

So if you have never seen "Special ops mission" on the military channel you are missing out. Pretty much it is a Spec Forces Operator who gets a mission that is nearly impossible and he has to do it. But it is an actual simulation, no scripts or anything. So I was watching it today and was thinking about the guns that they used. Come to find out they are "Simunition"guns. I think this sounds like an awesome idea and possibly the future of action sports like paintball or airsoft. Granted it's not for the faint of heart, but still it just makes me drool.
    http://www.simunition.com/about_simunition/about_simunition_en.php
    There's the link if you wanted to look more into it. Twisted Evil
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet. Empty Re: Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet.

Post  jkeeble2 11.10.09 13:58

it would be awesome but its super expensive that's why a lot of swat teams and other law enforcement agencies are starting to use airsoft to train with instead of simunitions but if cost wasn't an issue why not
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet. Empty Re: Airsoft on steroids? this looks pretty sweet.

Post  sniper2525 11.10.09 14:04

the guns are regulare m4s but what they are using is the simmunition rounds then selves, they are extremely expensive and only the military can get them, they are also extremely in accurate and have limited range,
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 11.10.09 14:31

If you've seen the episode with the Indian Tracker on the OpFor. One of the guys walks out about 150 feet in front of Will (the operator), and it takes him at least ten shots to hit him. So the Sim munitions are incredibly inaccurate. You could have easily hit the guy with an airsoft gun.

Also, unfortunately the show is somewhat scripted. Watch the Sniper Mission episode "Operation One Shot" . You'll see what I mean.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 11.10.09 15:35

I only caught about 20 minutes of one episode. So that sucks about it being inaccurate.

Post  Guest 11.10.09 16:28

Notice how it designates each round type (other than blank) with "lethal". Without the proper safety equipment, you arent looking at scarring or perhaps putting an eye out, your looking at killing your bud.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 11.10.09 16:52

I was reading one of the articles on the website and it says the training FX round is only accurate to 100 feet.

This really kills the realism of the Sniper episode. He supposedly kills a drug cartel leader from something like 100 yards. You see him fire a round then the camera swaps to the target guys chest and you see a round impact. It has to be scripted.

Though the other episodes seem very unscripted other than when things are inserted into the area of operations like dirty bombs and stuff he has to take out.
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 11.10.09 20:04

There using paint rounds, if so they hurt like a mofo. I got shot with a 45 on and its way worse than PB.

I think the show is cool, but gets kinda old and its defiantly made for the camera as some of the stuff they say just makes no sense.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 07.05.24 16:01