Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
Zartan72
Admin
frog
ATLAS
Lone Wolf
Tinman
11 posters

Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR!

Tinman
    Tinman

Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR! Empty Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR!

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 20:48

Well...my wife got me an early Valentine's present so I broke out the spray paint and decided to go all camo on it! Our crew found that all our guns filled the same role so we are gonna turn this thing into a squad DMR . . . course I get first dibs we're gonna use it as a community gun so it needed some paint and our logo right off the bat. Hopefully we'll be making some upgrades as things unfold so for now it is still a sleeper.
    And yes, that is a 5000 round box mag for those occaisionally "long vollies" lol!

Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR! Dmr
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR! Empty Re: Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR!

Post  Lone Wolf 03.02.09 20:50

wow, I love how well the designs came out on that gun.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR! Empty Re: Cereal Killer's Starts work on a DMR!

Post  ATLAS 03.02.09 21:26

I cant wait till i get to use that thing in a game. I am going to make a point of empting the entire 5000 rounds. That guns is freaking SWEET

Post  |337 03.02.09 21:31

Whats your parts list?
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 03.02.09 21:35

seriously, i am going to need to cary a backup mag or two!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 21:36

ATLAS wrote:I cant wait till i get to use that thing in a game. I am going to make a point of empting the entire 5000 rounds. That guns is freaking SWEET

Just so you feed it!
    Lots to do with it!
    Barrel, Spring, Battery Conversion, still gotta paint the bipod and low-cap mag to match . . .
    Have really not thought it through yet . . . it is bone stock right now.

I don't think it'll have to spend much time in the case between all of us . . .

(For those who are wondering why a box mag on a DMR or anyone who is really into the realism and thinks we have made a HUGE faux pas . . . the main reason for the box mag is most of us shoot G36 variants and did not want multiple mags for it or swapping mags to .25s . . . this way we KNOW where to find a mag chock full of .25 bbs! After all we are CEREAL killers and just can't take ourselves too seriously!) cheers cheers
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 03.02.09 21:48

I think the idea is not to let the person who is usually the first hit to use the DMR. Once you learn to dodge a few more bbs we might let you use the fancy new gun.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 21:50

frog wrote:I think the idea is not to let the person who is usually the first hit to use the DMR. Once you learn to dodge a few more bbs we might let you use the fancy new gun.

but if we move him a little further from the fray he may stay in longer!

(With that I'll shut up and slink away from the fray since I gotta work with him tomorrow!)
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 03.02.09 21:56

The only way atlas avoids getting shot is to stay home. I am beginning to think he just runs on the field and then shoots himself.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 21:58

frog wrote:The only way atlas avoids getting shot is to stay home. I am beginning to think he just runs on the field and then shoots himself.

HAAAAAARSH!!!! affraid
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 03.02.09 21:59

Nice. What brand?
    Zartan72
    Zartan72

Post  Zartan72 03.02.09 22:06

Very,very nice camo job!It looks like a good addition to the team.It's really good to see that there are others out there that are just as serious and hardcore as we are!

Is atlas that much of a "SPAZ" that he would shoot himself?Dumb question,huh frog.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 22:08

It is an A&K SPR MK12 Mod 0
    She got it for a steal . . . how could a guy do better than a wife that supports his hobby and even comes along for the ride for pics and help . . .
    gotta love that! I love you cheers I love you

Zartan, I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with your electrical tape wrapped battery! Pretty hardcore there man!! lol!
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 03.02.09 22:27

Must be nice Tinman!
    It seems like you get an airsoft gun at all the major holidays!
    We will have the A&K SPR MOD 1 arrive at the shop on Thurs.
    Can't wait to check yours out at the game and compare notes.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 22:38

Takfire wrote:Must be nice Tinman!
    It seems like you get an airsoft gun at all the major holidays!
    We will have the A&K SPR MOD 1 arrive at the shop on Thurs.
    Can't wait to check yours out at the game and compare notes.

WOW! Yeah . . . I get treated better than I deserve!
    Cannot wait to see that! Spoke with Rhino he thought you were gonna have the Dboys version so I wound up with the A&K for the stock upgrades . . . will be back in to order some parts to get this thing rolling . . . and apparently Atlas will be buying a BUTT-LOAD of BBs from ya to feed the thing!

Tak, I'll tell ya a secret...Atlas has his eye on an A&K SR25 . . . Laughing

Guess I am getting turned into team gun-tech by default! affraid
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 03.02.09 22:45

Strike that!
    Rhino is correct.
    We are receiving a Dboys full metal SPR MOD1.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.02.09 23:18

Still a VERY cool gun!!
    The accessories and external mods on the Dboys are better than the A&K!
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 03.02.09 23:47

How fast is that thing shooting? It looks freakin amazing. I read that its shooting 400-450 fps...but i was wonderin if u chrono'd it yet? Thanks
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 04.02.09 7:42

{TxS}Steve-o wrote:How fast is that thing shooting? It looks freakin amazing. I read that its shooting 400-450 fps...but i was wonderin if u chrono'd it yet? Thanks

Have not Chrono'ed it . . . only slung a few rounds down the barrel but have not even shot a can with it . . . reviews say it should be around 425 with .25 out of the box...does not seem to be shooting that hot but we'll see . . .
    The one thing I REALLY want to eventually do with it due to how we intend to use it is a MOSFET that would change auto to 3-shot burst!
    (Will have to enlist Rhino for that adventure!)
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 04.02.09 10:39

I just bought a A&K SR25K and it's chrono'ing at 420-425 FPS stock with .20's. I would guess your SPR is going to be pretty close to the same FPS. (chron'ed with a MadBull chronometer)
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 04.02.09 11:15

seriously? how did i become the target? I may have to find a barrel mounted camera to prove to frog that i actually carry my weight. Although i would probably just end up with a long video of me shooting at FROG.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 04.02.09 12:21

ATLAS wrote:seriously? how did i become the target? I may have to find a barrel mounted camera to prove to frog that i actually carry my weight. Although i would probably just end up with a long video of me shooting at FROG.
    Can't wait to see that one Cheif!
    If I could ever get Atlas and Frog to channel their venom at the OTHER TEAM who knows what we could do!!!! affraid affraid affraid
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 04.02.09 22:38

I guess Atlas will have to fight along side of me so I can figure out how I have never come out of a game before him. I do not think he doesn't carry his own weight, it just seems like he carries it straight from base to the parking lot. Suspect
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 06.02.09 7:33

frog wrote:I guess Atlas will have to fight along side of me so I can figure out how I have never come out of a game before him. Suspect

You know, we tried this once. You told me to move forward. So I did. Then i got shot!
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 07.02.09 22:04

Did you guys bring it to the game today? I didn't see it there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 12:14