Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
Q-bald
Andy
Tinman
i am haji
reconsniperga
Bulldog94
Killjoy
11 posters

Tactical Vest Suggestions?

Killjoy
    Killjoy

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty Tactical Vest Suggestions?

Post  Killjoy 10.01.10 22:01

I am new to airsoft. I am trying to get my loadout to look like a standard US Army Infantry loadout. At the same time, I don't want spend a fortune. I am looking for tactical vest that looks legit and can be flexible to adapt over time. My main weapon will be a M4 with a M9 pistol. I assume I will want 3 M4 pouches, 3 M9 pouches, a radio pouch, a pouch for extra batteries, extra pouch for misc stuff and a way to attach a hydration system. I am planning on using a leg holster for the pistol.

I am looking at the following vests. Let me know your thoughts and/or suggestions for other vests.

http://combatgearing.com/assault-carrier-plate-combat-molle-vest-digital-acu-camo-p-1742.html

http://combatgearing.com/tactical-rav-molle-plate-carrier-full-loaded-vest-digital-acu-p-1764.html

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-APP-PVC-547A.htm

Thanks!
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty Re: Tactical Vest Suggestions?

Post  Bulldog94 10.01.10 22:11

IBA plate carrier, knee pads, helment, etc. if you have a pistol a thigh holster would due.... and i would consider the 2nd link... personally i dont like the other two.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 10.01.10 22:26

For a US Infantry Loadout, an IOTV (or IBA) with a MICH2000/ACH is a nessisity. My suggestion would be to get the 1st or 2nd vest in tan so you don't have to buy a new vest when you change uniforms.
    i am haji
    i am haji

Post  i am haji 11.01.10 1:04

Non of those are standard army vests

your going to want a otv, I noticed some surplus stores getting some and selling them cheaper than replicas (got mine for 20)

I think their starting to replace them with a cummberbund styled vest
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.01.10 8:39

Whatever you decide I would steer away from combatgearing.
    Their shipping is ridiculous, even for a China seller, and the quality is poor. Not at all abrasion resistant and very prone to picking and fraying . . . It is one case where a "bargain" is not a bargain.
    The pantac and cordura items at www.ebairsoft.com is better as are most Condor products.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 11.01.10 21:16

i am haji wrote:I think their starting to replace them with a cummberbund styled vest
    The Current issued vest (in country at least) is the IOTV. Tactical Vest Suggestions? Army_IOTV
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty IOTV

Post  Killjoy 12.01.10 22:46

Thanks for sending the pic of the vest. Now I know what to look for.

Thanks!

Killjoy
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 13.01.10 16:51

If you can't find a replica of it, a IBA would work (the IOTV replaced the IBA)
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 18.01.10 23:47

I do not know how to post a pic here. As far as kit goes, I wear the IOTV (because they won't let me wear my ROV). I do not attach anything to it. I have an FLC (fighting load carrier) that I have mod'd to be a chest rig. As I wear it, I have: ATS medium med kit-it is a tear-a-way design that is great, unk pouch that holds a surefire G2, TT 3 mag shingle with 3 TT single mags on top, TT utility pouch with a pocket on the outside that holds my MS2000 strobe light. Near the top is my Benchmade strap cutter and a small Sunto wrist compass as a back up. For H2O, I have a blackhawk carrier attached to my back. I HATE GheyCU so most of my kit is in OD or Camel Brown.

If someone can teach me how to post pics on here I would be more than happy to show my loadout. If you are at the Airdog Airsoft game this weekend (Jan 23) here is GA, I will be wearing it.

Post  Guest 18.01.10 23:53

I'm sure your aware of this, but landnav equipment wont be at all neccessary for Airsoft games. Even the largest field we play on is incredibly easy to navigate, so your gear oriented for landnav will just be deadweight. To post a picture scroll across the buttons above the posting box, and youll come upon picture options, follow thier directions. But with everything else you said, good lord you have some nice gear. I'd recommend it to Killjoy, but the question is can he afford it Razz I know I can't I just stick to the cheap replicas.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 19.01.10 21:15

Yeah, I do have a TON of gear. About 7-9 foot lockers full of stuff. 22 years in the Infantry will do that. If you know anyone that is into authentic Vietnam era kit, I still have 2 ammo pouches that go on the old pistol belt. They are super heave cordura. The closure is kind of a "tab A into slot B" kind of thing. It is not a snap or a plastic Fastex type deal. They each hold 3 20 round mag's. I am pretty sure they would also hold 3 M4 style airsoft mag's.

All the landnav stuff is for.....landnav. This rig is what I am presently running in Afghanistan. I had to leave a large amount of stuff there when I came home on leave. It is amazing all the crap we carry in all the pockets, pouches, bags, etc.
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty Infantry Kit

Post  Killjoy 19.01.10 23:35

Andy,

Thanks for your post. I am not in the Army. I have only read articles and seen pictures. Having a real world view of what is actually worn is very helpful. I am trying to make my loadout "authentic" to what they might currently wear in the Army.

I want to make sure I understand your comments. I believe you are you saying that you wear the IOTV with a FLC (fighting load carrier) that you have mod'd to be a chest rig. in Afghanistan? If so, it sounds like the Army gives you some ability to choose your own equipment? I also want to confirm that the color is OD or they would let you wear OD?

Thanks for the info!
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 19.01.10 23:56

I am a bit of a Rebel, but I am an E7 so I can kind of get away with it....MOST of the time.

Big Army would like for me to only wear ACU/UCP stuff, but I hate it....soooo....my kit has a bit of OD, camel, and coyote. In Iraq I did not wear anything except SOME armor pieces (neck, throat, DAPS, and groin) that were issued. All of my kit was pers. purchase, and it was in every color except UCP and black. I can post pic's of it if you like since I now know how to do that.

Hope this helps.

Post  Guest 20.01.10 0:01

Andy wrote:I am a bit of a Rebel, but I am an E7 so I can kind of get away with it....MOST of the time.

Big Army would like for me to only wear ACU/UCP stuff, but I hate it....soooo....my kit has a bit of OD, camel, and coyote. In Iraq I did not wear anything except SOME armor pieces (neck, throat, DAPS, and groin) that were issued. All of my kit was pers. purchase, and it was in every color except UCP and black. I can post pic's of it if you like since I now know how to do that.

Hope this helps.

Not to go off topic, but where are you now? We all have this side discussion going on about wether your in Afghanistan or stateside right now, win me some money and tell me you Stateside at the moment?
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 20.01.10 8:36

Right now, I am here in Coweta at home on leave. My unit is in Afghanistan. I will be returning there shortly. My avatar is of me a few months ago at FOB Lightning. My first 8 years I was active duty but I am in the Guard now. I have been deployed 4 times since I got in in 1998. One of those was just a training mission to the Former Republic of Georgia. My unit left about 2 days before the Russians attacked. Some of you may remember it. It was about 2 1/2 years ago.

If anyone has any questions about anything, please feel free to ask.

Post  Guest 20.01.10 9:40

Andy wrote: Right now, I am here in Coweta at home on leave.

Winrar Cool

So are you coming to OP OG?
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 20.01.10 9:50

OH YEA!!!! Bringing my boys and a friend of theirs. We will be camping out in some old Army "pup" tents I have. I look forward to seeing everyone there.
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty Pics

Post  Killjoy 20.01.10 11:06

Andy,

It would be great to see some pics of your Army loadout if it would not be to much trouble. Thanks for the info!

Post  Guest 20.01.10 12:47

Alright man I'll see you there. And not to stray off topic, I find that Condor makes some excellent replicas. I also have a Matrix Tactical vest that feels and looks great. Not the sturdiest of materials but for airsoft I think it gets the job done.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 20.01.10 13:34

Going to see if I can post several pic's of gear that I have worn. I hope it works out. We shall see.
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_1sttimeoutthewireonedaybeforemy13th[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_iraqpics144[/img]

[img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_LLCCampBlandingApr085[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_tryingVer3ofmyhomemadchestrig[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_MyGearbeforegoingover8[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_2008_0306SWATGEAR0039[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_GIJOEPIC1[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_CatoosaGA200730[/img]
    [img]Tactical Vest Suggestions? Th_fire019[/img]

I hope these work. I even added one of my SWAT rig. The vest is a Paraclete RAV that I spray painted black.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 20.01.10 13:51

Awesome pics Andy! Nice gear and thanks for your service.

And to Jimmy.....STOP DROOLING!
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 20.01.10 19:38

oops, sorry.....
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty PICs

Post  Killjoy 20.01.10 20:38

Thank you for posting the pictures. They are great. Thank you for serving our country. I hope to meet you on the airsoft field some day soon!
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

Tactical Vest Suggestions? Empty Andy PICS

Post  Killjoy 20.01.10 22:23

Andy,

I know this is off topic but I noticed in your PICS you have a JG M4. How do you like it? I am thinking about getting a 2010 JG FULL METAL M4 S-SYSTEM Carbine AEG Rifle. Please let me know how you like your M4 or any issues that you have it. Thanks

The link to the 2010 JG is below.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Exclusive_2010_JG_FULL_METAL_M4_S_System_RIS_AEG_p/jg-fb-6613.htm
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 20.01.10 22:30

The battery is hard to get into the gun but once you get it in there it's a good gun. That gun seems a bit pricey though. I have a JG S-System and got it new for $150 at airdog but it's an earlier model. i got the gun right before op: eggdrop last year or the year before and it has been great ever since i got it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 9:39