Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Airsoftguy238
Blaze
superchrisguy
8 posters

Best Paint Job?

superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Best Paint Job? Empty Best Paint Job?

Post  superchrisguy 14.03.10 16:45

I'm considering a custom paint job and I wanted to get some people's tak on what to get on there

Best Paint Job? Empty Re: Best Paint Job?

Post  |337 14.03.10 19:38

I hate painted guns
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 14.03.10 19:55

Yea
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 14.03.10 20:06

the thing is though if you end up re selling the gun which will probably end up happening it will loose value because of the paint even if you just paint over it again its not the same
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 14.03.10 20:09

multicam it.

all of my guns are painted. and most guns i've sold have been painted.

Post  Guest 15.03.10 10:59

I've painted a few guns, best idea is to keep it simple, since the pattern will wear down regardless of what you do. Two colors at most I'd suggest, not very different shades of eachother (not saying the same color, just close to the same hue of their respective color). I'm planning on grabbing DuraCoat's MultiCam Paint Kit, which contrary to other paint jobs is in fact intended to last forever, however its not at all cheap, so you could go that route, but it ain't cheap.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.03.10 17:40

Also there is gun dipping.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 15.03.10 18:44

well one technique i've seen is where you can take a base coat to you're gun of any color, then take a mesh of some sort and drape it over your gun and lightly dust certain areas of you're gun with one color that's similar to your base coat (a little lighter or darker) and then mix in a few other colors. my dad did it to his m4 as a test and for the first time doing it i think it looks pretty good. the theory is that it's supposed to break up the outline of the rifle as well as camoflauge it. i liked what i've seen so long as the colors aren't too far off

Post  |337 15.03.10 18:47

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Also there is gun dipping.

That is the ONLY viable way IMHO
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 15.03.10 18:51

just some kid wrote:well one technique i've seen is where you can take a base coat to you're gun of any color, then take a mesh of some sort and drape it over your gun and lightly dust certain areas of you're gun with one color that's similar to your base coat (a little lighter or darker) and then mix in a few other colors. my dad did it to his m4 as a test and for the first time doing it i think it looks pretty good. the theory is that it's supposed to break up the outline of the rifle as well as camoflauge it. i liked what i've seen so long as the colors aren't too far off
    Kind of like this (my old M4). If you use OD and Tan, it looks really good up against UCP. OD and Brown with maybe a little tan looks good against MARPAT.
    Best Paint Job? Img_5210

|337 wrote:

Eh, idk. I mean, if you look at real pictures (esp of special operations personnel), you see a lot of sprayed guns. But if you're going to do some sort of pattern, especially something like MC, then water transfer is the way to go.

Last edited by Admin on 15.03.10 20:34; edited 1 time in total

Post  |337 15.03.10 18:57

Admin wrote:
    just some kid wrote:well one technique i've seen is where you can take a base coat to you're gun of any color, then take a mesh of some sort and drape it over your gun and lightly dust certain areas of you're gun with one color that's similar to your base coat (a little lighter or darker) and then mix in a few other colors. my dad did it to his m4 as a test and for the first time doing it i think it looks pretty good. the theory is that it's supposed to break up the outline of the rifle as well as camoflauge it. i liked what i've seen so long as the colors aren't too far off
    Kind of like this (my old M4)
    Best Paint Job? 26

|337 wrote:

Eh, idk. I mean, if you look at real pictures (esp of special operations personnel), you see a lot of sprayed guns. But if you're going to do some sort of pattern, especially something like MC, then water transfer is the way to go.

Yeah, im just nitpicky though lol, I mean if your in the field and your gun not being camoed can cause to to be spotted than the pros of having an ugly gun outweigh the cons of having an ugly gun, though for airsoft, i prefer mine to look pretty
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 15.03.10 22:57

Admin wrote:
    Kind of like this (my old M4). If you use OD and Tan, it looks really good up against UCP. OD and Brown with maybe a little tan looks good against MARPAT.
    Best Paint Job? Img_5210

|337 wrote:

Ok, now that pattern I have seen a few times and I like it, could Airdog do that?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 16.03.10 12:25

superchrisguy wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    Best Paint Job? Img_5210

|337 wrote:

Ok, now that pattern I have seen a few times and I like it, could Airdog do that?
    Probably, or you could go to the store, buy a few cans of Krylon Camo paint and a mesh hunting jacket for under $10.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 2:07