Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy)

wolf six

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) Empty echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy)

Post  wolf six 21.02.11 12:58

Those of you who know me, know i am the guy who runs around in the black tiger camo with the blue tiger G-36c. I got bored of the paintjob i had on my weapon so i decided to re-do it.

Original paint job with crappy done-in-5-minutes -lightning-bolt-looking-stripes.
    echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 14 <-- for this version i used krylon indoor / outdoor paint

i dont like doing poor quality work, that's why i haven't been playing. I was working on this little beauty. Making sure it doesn't have any run marks, banks spots under the charging handle, or other marks denoting piss poor work. Thats why i dissambled the entire gun and took my dear sweet time painting up this mutha.

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) BlueTigerBig
    pattern
    echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 99999BlueCamo
    reference picture

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 1
    primed body, with gearbox, and barrel removed.

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 2 painted stock & charging handle

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 3
    primed fore end

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 5
    Mid cap mag painted black with ultra flat Krylon camouflage paint

wolf six

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) Empty Re: echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy)

Post  wolf six 21.02.11 13:29

Ok this was the part that took the most time the part i dont have pictures of sadly. Drawing out the design on tape, then cutting it out with an exacto knife. i learned of other ways of doing this during the project EX. putting the tape of picture paper and printing the design on it.
    echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) Bluetigerpattern2
    this is the pattern i got after a little stretching and rotating of side by side tiger patterns.

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 112
    this is the guns body after it had been sprayed with two coats of krylon indoor outdoor oxford blue.
    and very obviously you can see where i have started applying my tape design to give it a sexy pattern.
    echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 102-1
    this is the other side. You can see where i sprayed blue to fix a place i had to sand down due to a run mark.

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 8echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 9
    sexy, no?

you ready for the finished product? You might want to find a helmet and a change of pants

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 100_2545echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 100_2546
    echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 100_2547echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) 100_2551

The whole process took at least 3-4 week due to sand blasting off the old paint job, priming the body to my standards, painting it, taping it, then painting it again. After removing all the tape you should lightly go over the body with a scotch bright pad to get rid of the high points left by the stripes. just gently rub a scotch bright pad around the edges of the stripes it prevents chipping.

cheers cheers cheers
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy) Empty Re: echo 1 G-36c paint job upgrade (pic heavy)

Post  NJSC 21.02.11 14:03

Very nicely done. Looks professional
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 21.02.11 21:09

Do I have to get 75 headshots to obtain this camo for my gun?
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 21.02.11 22:13

not necessarily, but similar patience and time is required. I'm glad you guys like it i worked hard on it. at one point i was even cutting out the stripes to the lights of the cars behind us when we were going to a banquet

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 6:14