Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Ghost
CaptainMurphy
6 posters

Army of Two Mask torture test and review

CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Army of Two Mask torture test and review Empty Army of Two Mask torture test and review

Post  CaptainMurphy 23.07.10 13:51

For those of you that have the rubber type of Ao2 masks you may want to take a look at the review and test I did on them. They have a couple of weaknesses you may want to rectify before taking it to a game like this one.

Army of Two Mask Review
    Ghost
    Ghost

Army of Two Mask torture test and review Empty Re: Army of Two Mask torture test and review

Post  Ghost 23.07.10 14:23

i would Highly recommend no mesh eye pro at all ever, especially CQB, I have seen firsthand bb's breaking on impact and going through mesh to hit someone. My friend was wearing eye pro underneath when it happened but there were bb fragments inside the mask.
    CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Army of Two Mask torture test and review Empty Re: Army of Two Mask torture test and review

Post  CaptainMurphy 23.07.10 14:26

Ghost wrote:i would Highly recommend no mesh eye pro at all ever, especially CQB, I have seen firsthand bb's breaking on impact and going through mesh to hit someone. My friend was wearing eye pro underneath when it happened but there were bb fragments inside the mask.
    Exactly, even the seller recommends wearing some form of eye pro under the mask. You can see in the article that the bio bb shattered on impact, which could easily send shards through the holes.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 23.07.10 14:42

CaptainMurphy wrote:
    Ghost wrote:i would Highly recommend no mesh eye pro at all ever, especially CQB, I have seen firsthand bb's breaking on impact and going through mesh to hit someone. My friend was wearing eye pro underneath when it happened but there were bb fragments inside the mask.
    Exactly, even the seller recommends wearing some form of eye pro under the mask. You can see in the article that the bio bb shattered on impact, which could easily send shards through the holes.

Which is exactly what happened, if he hadn't been wearing saftey glasses underneath he would be blind right now.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 23.07.10 15:23

and the flip side is someone like me that has used mesh for more than 6 years now without ever having shattered bb pieces go through it....even with being shot at less than a foot with a 400 + aeg...though i do usually where my z.87 rated glasses under mine...so i can see..lol
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 23.07.10 16:42

mesh may be weak.. but perforated steel lenses are fine, and the legit AO2 masks have higher grade mesh than the knockoffs
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 23.07.10 16:53

It's not the mesh that fails though, it's the bb's fragmenting.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 23.07.10 19:46

well, bios have been proven again and again to have little or no comparative differences to normal BB's...other than jamming more often and the shattering issues from there crappy binding agents.......they are the "field paint" of airsoft....
    the perforated steel sheet does offer more protection than some of the crap mesh that i've seen in some of the cheaper asian masks.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 23.07.10 20:58

i have been using mesh almost since i started airsoft without eye pro underneath and ive never had a problem

Post  Guest 23.07.10 21:32

I have just started using mesh and I plan on using it from this point forth.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 23.07.10 22:05

the whole bb's shattering thing is kinda ridiculous... simply because even if the BB busts, the fragments are still too big to fit through the holes in the mesh Rolling Eyes unless your getting shot point blank with bios, fragments aren't a problem
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 23.07.10 23:07

Eh, my eyes and vision are not worth the risk of what could happen. Whether or not it wil happen, I rather bot be that .001% in the statistic.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 24.07.10 7:58

{ACE}Steve-o wrote:Eh, my eyes and vision are not worth the risk of what could happen. Whether or not it wil happen, I rather bot be that .001% in the statistic.

Exactly, I got nothing against mesh users, I just don't want to take the chance.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 24.07.10 11:35

while i understand the concern..it's less of an issue then say..the open sides of shooting glasses that are used at some venues..in 10+ years of doing this i have yet to actually see anything get through mesh to injure someone.for the most part mesh is all that is used in asia,where their fps limits make you guys's limits look anemic..i've seen at least 20 people in that same time injured because of fogged eye pro,including serveral permanently wrecked knees and shoulders,broken arms ,legs and hands and even a branch driven through the middle of a player's hand in a fall....
    in the end it boils down to the people you play with and how you play...and what level of risk you are willing to take to have fun...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 15:34