Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

ares tavor upgrade status

-a|ex
    -a|ex

ares tavor upgrade status Empty ares tavor upgrade status

Post  -a|ex 08.10.10 16:12

i finally fixed my Tavor. it had a bad trigger micro switch and it was a PITA to find a replacement. not only that but my soldering skills sucked badly (due to improper equipment).

here's my current upgrades:

Madbull blue bucking
    Matrix Magnum - had to shorten the pinion gear height because it was 1/16 too long.
    AB Mosfet Long (extreme fire), i fried an early (cheaper) mosfet
    tenergy 9.6v nimh 1600 mah
    re-shimmed of course
    sorbothan on the piston head (it wasn't ported)
    JBU m120 and m150 springs

fps results with hopup off:

Golden Ball .20g 404-410, ROF 1010 rpm
    Golden Ball bio .23g 371-378
    Golden Ball .25g 348-358
    TSD .28g 323-329

with m150, Golden Ball .20g 480-510
    i ordered a 6.03 tightbore and will continue the test.
    i wasn't going for accuracy yet. the hopup still needs to be broken in.
    my yard is measured and marked at 50/75/100/150 feet and will take accuracy testing with the tight bore.

-a|ex

RIP
    RIP

ares tavor upgrade status Empty Re: ares tavor upgrade status

Post  RIP 08.10.10 23:08

get an 11.1v lipo you already have a mosfet
    It will increase your trigger response
    or just go with a 7.4v
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 08.10.10 23:19

i'm keeping the ROF low because i use mid-caps. i'm not a fan of full auto.
    for my use, lipo adds extra cost without any real benefit.

my tight bore came in the mail today, but i won't be installing it until next week. i'm going to try out SS airsoft tomorrow with my kids.

also, i have a new camera that i'm gonna test out. going to mount it on the rifle then on the goggles. it's a ContourHD 720P helmet cam.

i already tested it today at an indoor gun range. quality isn't as good as i hoped.
    you can see it on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/g3tr00t3d?feature=mhum

-a|ex
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 08.10.10 23:31

u dont need to use it on full auto it will increase your trigger response.
    It will cut down the time between you pulling the trigger and the gun firing a bb
    giving you more opportunities to get kills.
    its very hard to dodge bullets from an 11.1v lipo gun because as soon as you hear the gun fire there is already bbs in your face.

Nice vid! is that Auterys Armory?

Last edited by RIP on 08.10.10 23:33; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest 08.10.10 23:32

>Lipos are expensive
    >no real benefit

You, sir, are misinformed. LiPos are cheap, easy, and have plenty of benefits. They have a much longer battery life, don't degrade performance wise when the run down on power, can be charged much more quickly and reliably than NiCad/NiMH, and will without a doubt increase your trigger response. You may be looking at the wrong LiPos in the wrong places.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.10.10 0:17

Aggressor wrote:>Lipos are expensive
    >no real benefit

You, sir, are misinformed. LiPos are cheap, easy, and have plenty of benefits. They have a much longer battery life, don't degrade performance wise when the run down on power, can be charged much more quickly and reliably than NiCad/NiMH, and will without a doubt increase your trigger response. You may be looking at the wrong LiPos in the wrong places.

i'm talking about the additional cost to my existing 9.6v nimh(8x). i don't think my smart chargers does Lipos. so far, as long as i don't use full auto, a single 9.6v lasted the entire ACZ game. trigger response is excellent. no need to fix what isn't broke. i don't use a trickle charger. so no benefit there either. i've had a laptop lipo battery burst into flames during my professional career. i really don't want that happening on my kid's AEG (already had the wire harness melt down on one of our AEG's). don't forget, switching to deans or xt60 isn't cheap either. if i switch for one AEG, i might as well do all my kid's AEG's. consistency is king.

i'm not saying Lipos suck. i'm just saying it's not for me but it would do better for others. if i started out with no batteries, i might have considered 7.4's. but switching now is not cost effective. my main concern is the increased ROF. keeping it at or below 1000 rpm makes for a reliable AEG.

-a|ex
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 09.10.10 0:28

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.10.10 1:00

those are great prices. unfortunately, the height is too tall to fit a Tavor.
    this one has the correct dimensions http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8979&Product_Name=Polyquest__2100mAh_2S1P_Receiver_Pack_

xt60's are nice. if i remember correctly, they are 2x the cost of deans. i'll need around 12 pairs to convert all my connectors. not cost effective.

-a|ex
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 09.10.10 1:14

airdog sells adapters their like 3$ no wiring/soldering
    you could use a battery bag if u wanted so u wont need to worry about the size thats what i do
    or find one that fits yer gun whatever floats yer boat
    im about to make a big order from them PM me if u wana get in on it to save on shipping.

WOW u have 12 guns?!
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.10.10 1:42

RIP wrote:airdog sells adapters their like 3$ no wiring/soldering
    you could use a battery bag if u wanted so u wont need to worry about the size thats what i do
    or find one that fits yer gun whatever floats yer boat
    im about to make a big order from them PM me if u wana get in on it to save on shipping.

WOW u have 12 guns?!

8 batteries, not including AEP and 2 smart chargers. keeping all connectors consistent and having spares is a good idea. already did several big purchases from hong kong retailers: magazines, tactical gear, springs, buckings, air nozzles, motor connector pins, 18 gauge low resistance wiring, other stuff. i'm gonna be adding mosfets to the remaining 3 AEG's and also looking for 2 more AEG's as spares in case of breakdowns during a game. as i mentioned before, it's an expensive hobby and lipo's aren't in the budget.

thanks for the offer though... airdog isn't too far away from me, i'll have to stop by their new store.

-a|ex
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

ares tavor upgrade status Empty LoL'd - piston failure

Post  -a|ex 10.10.10 13:11

ares tavor upgrade status Piston-failure

4 hours at SS Airsoft then it broke...
    i was expecting it to break, just wanted to know how long it would take.
    m120 spring around 1500 rounds mostly on select fire (i couldn't use optics when wearing full face mask so had to use full auto). had around 200 rounds earlier with m150 spring. sorbothane on piston head and not cylinder head.

i sure like working on AEG's... not!

-a|ex
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 10.10.10 13:53

Is that an element piston? You should think about the deepfire
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 10.10.10 14:46

NJSC wrote:Is that an element piston? You should think about the deepfire

That looks like it could be the stock piston, I would highly recommend the deepfire piston like NJSC said, you wont have a problem with it breaking on a 9.6v battery.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 10.10.10 16:22

or a full metal tooth Azimuth piston. Yeah that the stock ares piston.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 10.10.10 16:54

yah, stock piston.

i temporarily put a spare jg polycarb re-enforced ported piston in it. the open end needed some trimming to fit. i'll go ahead and shop around for a deepfire (thanks for the suggestion). btw, the jg piston added 20 fps but the ROF dropped down to 810 rpm. before it was 1010 rpm at 410 fps. i didn't think there was that much air leaking in the stock piston.

added the jbu 6.03 tightbore. had to modify it to fit correctly. it added 10 fps and it also made firing position more sensitive. if i tilt the AEG a little either left or right the hopup flight path will curve to that direction. keeping it level makes for excellent groupings. haven't tried heavier weight bb's yet.

next time i take it apart, i'll take pix of how i modified both piston and barrel to fit correctly in the Tavor.

-a|ex

i'm also gonna purchase an azimuth. doesn't hurt having spares. but i'm not too sure about full metal teeth. that's gonna add some weight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 6:36