Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
RIP
flipa
6 posters

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions

flipa
    flipa

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Empty Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions

Post  flipa 14.10.10 0:25

So, I purchase a G&G Combat Machine from Blaze. Now comes the big question of, "Now what?". I'm not really planning on purchasing another gun and I'm planning on sticking to this one. So upgrades, first I was adviced by Rhino to invest in a tightbore and madbull blue. Me being new to this, had no idea what he's talking about. I know the Madbull is a hop-up bucking, but I don't know what that is inside of my gun. So enlighten me on upgrading my gun, I'd assume I need to buy the parts, but I have no experience in assembly/disassembly of an airsoft gun so I would find someone to do it for me.

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Empty Re: Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions

Post  Guest 14.10.10 0:36

" was adviced by Rhino to invest in a tightbore "

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Baby_b10

I knew it...

All that should be good for your gun. The other thing I would focus on is making your gun really comfortable. MagPul makes alot of parts that make your weapon super ergonomic. Thats why I like to do at least.

flipa
    flipa

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Empty Re: Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions

Post  flipa 14.10.10 0:47

Aggressor wrote:The other thing I would focus on is making your gun really comfortable. MagPul makes alot of parts that make your weapon super ergonomic. Thats why I like to do at least.

Not really all that big into "blinging" the gun. I like to keep it looking stock so people wouldn't expect anything from me.

Post  Guest 14.10.10 0:50

Idk man...feels really comfortable. You dont have to get a large series of attachments for your gun. Grab a comfortable pistol grip (the stock M16 pistol grip is pale ). You could also look into a comfortable stock, cranestyles are really comfy. The foregrip on the standard m4 is pretty comfortable, but the magpul MOE foregrip, or a tubular foregrip, is very comfortable.
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 14.10.10 1:18

Make sure you get a good battery the 7.4v lipos Airdog sells are very good
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 14.10.10 8:02

I say this all the time. It all depends on what you want out of your gun. There are like 40k (shout out to Paul) members on this forum and that means you are going to get that many opinions on what you should do. So you have to give us more than "what's next?". Well you tell us. Do you want your gun to shoot 250 ft? Do you want your gun to shoot 30 rps? Do you want it to simply be reliable? What do you want? Answer that question and then we can help.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.10.10 10:44

RIP wrote:Make sure you get a good battery the 7.4v lipos Airdog sells are very good

The gun can already take in a 11.1v Lipo. Devin already showed me how it shoots.

NJSC wrote:I say this all the time. It all depends on what you want out of your gun. There are like 40k (shout out to Paul) members on this forum and that means you are going to get that many opinions on what you should do. So you have to give us more than "what's next?". Well you tell us. Do you want your gun to shoot 250 ft? Do you want your gun to shoot 30 rps? Do you want it to simply be reliable? What do you want? Answer that question and then we can help.

So far the gun shoots 350 FPS and 25 RPS. I'm fine with the RPS, that's already a little too much for me. What's put into the gun is a m120 spring and a Matrix 3000 Magnum motor, and also has Reed's mosfet in it. Maybe a little investment in accuracy like what Rhino has suggested. I just don't know where to start, and where to get the stuff.

And for Paul's advice, I'm going to take internals into account first.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 14.10.10 10:59

madbull blue and tightbore is really all you need then. the tightbore will bump up your fps (it increased mine by 10 fps). we share similar upgrades (mosfet, matrix magnum and m120, but mine is a jbu and now currently chrono's at 438 after cleaning and relubing). i added the bucking and tightbore, but you will find that quality heavier bb's will give the most accuracy than any other upgrade.

those upgrades doesn't require opening up the mechbox, so you should be able to install those yourself. it's a bit tricky removing the bucking because the hopup sometimes get caught in the barrel which requires finesse. i've been told that no lube should be used for the bucking, but i wiped a little bit of silicone spray on the outside of the bucking so it easily inserts back into the hopup chamber.

my goal is decent range and reliability. i shoot mostly semi-auto so ROF is not a concern. if you frequent airsoft games, do you like to snipe or CQB?

here's where i get some of my stuff: i'm an amazon prime member so free 2nd day shipping (and no tax)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y17JAW/ref=oss_product
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HBNV58/ref=oss_product
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AL8VD2/ref=oss_product
    http://www.amazon.com/3--10041-Silicone-Lubricant-Aerosol/dp/B000BBYCUC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1287069403&sr=1-1

some items i would shop locally, airdog when they re-open or airsoft atlanta.

-a|ex
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 14.10.10 17:34

There is no way ryan said to invest in a tightbore... if he did then idk bc usualy tightbores dont do anything but lower the fps in many cases.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.10.10 18:24

sniper2525 wrote:There is no way ryan said to invest in a tightbore... if he did then idk bc usualy tightbores dont do anything but lower the fps in many cases.

Idk man, the guy above you just told me that a tightbore bumps the FPS.

-a|ex wrote:
    my goal is decent range and reliability. i shoot mostly semi-auto so ROF is not a concern. if you frequent airsoft games, do you like to snipe or CQB?
    -a|ex

Same goal here, though it would be nice to have a gun that also shoots decent velocity. And I'm the guy that takes pictures if you haven't seen me with most of the games yet. I don't usually snipe, in fact, I don't think I've sniped. I'm more on CQB and direct firefights.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 14.10.10 19:17

Well in some cases they do but i have seen plenty of cases where they dont.. and they realy dont do anything for accuracy. But if u where to get a tighbore go with promethus the madbul and jbu ones are junk in my opinion
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.10.10 19:43

Ok so I'll make sure. Is this the right part that I'm looking for?

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft_Mad_Bull_Shark_Hop_Up_Bucking_Blue_hopup_p/35502.htm
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 14.10.10 22:57

Tightbores are not worth it. Any increase in accuracy is not noticeable and it isn't worth the $65 to buy a good one. If you are dead set on getting one don't go cheap.

On the topic of FPS, more FPS does not always equate to a better gun. JGs come stock with 420+ fps and blow. It is all about how you harness the power in the hop-up.

Essentially:
    Higher FPS + MOST stock hop-ups = sucky
    Higher FPS + Good Hop-up (systema bucking and SHS nub) = Great
    Any FPS + Good hop-up = just fine

FPS does not guarantee more range and/or accuracy. Just how the fast the bb gets there. Most newer guys figure because a gun has gratuitous amounts of FPS that it is the bomb diggity. If you grasp this concept *thumbs up*.

This knowledge is coming from about two years experience and too many upgrades to count Wink

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions 6a01156fa4e54d970c0120a50c93d3970b-800wi
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.10.10 23:03

I've had this discussion with you before, I remember it, I do agree that FPS is just the speed of the BB getting there. So I'm just gonna invest in the hop up, though I don't know what a hop-up bucking is and it's role in the gun. Though I've read that G&G Combat Machines have no tightbores so IDK.

So, what is a hop-up bucking and what is it's role since looking at it, it appears to be just a plain piece of plastic. And also, is the link I posted earlier the right thing that I was looking for?
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 14.10.10 23:16

The hop-up bucking is a piece of rubber that goes over the start of the inner barrel. The inner barrel has a notch which the bucking covers. The nub is on top op the bucking and when your hop-up is turned up, the nub is pushed into the bucking. The makes the hop-up bucking protrude through the notch in the barrel into the patch of the bbs. When you fire the air nozzle retracts and a bb is fed into the hop-up chamber. The air nozzle moves forward and the piston returns forcing air through the nozzle. This propels the bb down the barrel. As the bb moves through the hop-up bucking it is given backspin and then travels out the barrel.

More hop up = more backspin

The bucking may also be called the hop up rubber.

What you linked is correct.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.10.10 23:23

Ok thanks Reed. Really helpful right there. I guess I'll stop right there since the gun I just bought already has significant mods and all that was missing (or at least I was told was missing is). Later and more serious upgrades I guess come later.

Guess I'll have to find someone with experience that can work on my gun. Rhino? perhaps? Though, I'd love to learn for myself, but I'm not risking it on my one and only gun.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 14.10.10 23:59

i'm still a newbie with airsoft upgrades, but i noticed that 530fps/.20g (jbu m150) with .30g had more range and better accuracy than the same setup with m120 and .25g. i'm still experimenting with different brands and weights.
    i have 2 JG m4's, one is an s-system. they chrono at 390 fps and i didn't notice a difference after putting a madbull blue in it. but i noticed a big difference when switching to goldenball .25 bb's.

i haven't done much research on tight bores, but i figured the tighter the bore, the less air leakage around the bb therefore, better efficiency. quality of bb's becomes a major factor. my tavor has a 509mm barrel and the jbu feels like it's half the weight. that helps out alot.

-a|ex
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Empty hopup

Post  -a|ex 17.10.10 23:56

here's the hopup bucking (madbull) on my ares. the blue bucking has an alignment slot inside which lines up with the new barrel. i find that to remove the barrel from the hopup unit (the black tube one the left) a quarter twist either way will pop the hopup bulb off the barrel hopup opening so it can be pulled out without damaging/wrinkling the bucking. the black plastic C-clip locks the barrel to the hopup and the brass ring is spacer that goes last into the end of the hopup.

Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Hopup-bucking
    Noob enters the world of Airsoft. Lots of questions Hopup-nub

btw, that figure 8 hopup nub is not standard. mine was deformed and a stock JG m4a1 nub worked well. the madbull nub was too large and caused excess hopup even when it was turned all the way off.

you don't need to pay someone to add these simple upgrades. but it shouldn't cost much if you do decide to pay someone to do it. since you live close by, i can show you how to take apart and re-shim your mechbox. the key is having the right tools and supplies. unfortunately, my soldering skills sux. i have a hard time keeping my tip clean.

-a|ex

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 12:48