Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Ready to dive into a mechbox.

cykotik1
    cykotik1

Ready to dive into a mechbox. Empty Ready to dive into a mechbox.

Post  cykotik1 04.03.11 1:01

Ok I have a platform to start learning to do my own work with. It's a JG 6119 (M4 RIS with metal gearbox) I have an idea of what parts I want to incorporate into the learning build. But, is there any places on-line that can help me if I get in a jam in either assembly or disassembly? Any good resources for tear downs? I am electronically and technologically inclined so I don't think this should be too much of a task for me. All help will be appreciated.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Ready to dive into a mechbox. Empty Re: Ready to dive into a mechbox.

Post  ownage1 04.03.11 3:22

mechbox.com is very professional and helpful
    also the evike dis/reassemblies on youtube are good.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 04.03.11 3:33

yeah youtube is your friend here. pretty much any questions you have about airsoft products or maint. there is a youtube video of how to perform it or someone reviewing what your looking at buying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ndj_KQGMY&feature=related Plenty more related to that one.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 04.03.11 8:58

some v2 gearboxes can be difficult to put back together. the anti reverse lever sometimes pops out of alignment when trying to close the GB. i have a magnet to put underneath the GB to hold the parts down to make it easier to close or you can use the JG motor instead of a magnet.

just remember to hold down the cylinder while opening up the gear box so the spring doesn't fly out. i also put a long needle nose plier in the spring guide end to keep the spring down and also remove it after the GB is opened. i recommend putting an old white hotel towel underneath to make it easy to find small springs and screws.

it's easy to over-tighten the GB screws. it's better to have them loose than over-tightened. it will strip easy if over-tightened. after awhile, you will get the feel for it (like tightening a spark plug on an aluminum head).
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 04.03.11 14:30

-a|ex wrote:i recommend putting an old white hotel towel underneath to make it easy to find small springs and screws.

I guess I'm not the only one who steals the hotel towels!
    cykotik1
    cykotik1

Post  cykotik1 05.03.11 0:25

Rhino wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:i recommend putting an old white hotel towel underneath to make it easy to find small springs and screws.

I guess I'm not the only one who steals the hotel towels!

I've been stealing them way before now Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 07.05.24 16:17