Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help

RIP
    RIP

Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help Empty Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help

Post  RIP 14.03.11 20:40

I have a G&G combat machine,Ive been running a 7.4v lipo in it and it quit shooting.
    I checked the wiring and motor connections for breaks or damage and saw nothing wrong
    so i think i fried the trigger contacts
    I need to learn how to work on gearboxs so I think Im gonna try and fix it myself
    What parts should I get to fix this?
    any advice would help
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help Empty Re: Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help

Post  NJSC 14.03.11 21:04

So it just quit shooting and that's all? Does it make any sort of noise or anything?
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help Empty Re: Help i think i fried my gearbox! need help

Post  #CW!!ZERO 14.03.11 21:05

It can be a couple things wrong, its hard to tell when it just stops randomly shooting like that. I would take apart the gun and use a multimeter to see if ur getting contunity through the contacts.
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 14.03.11 21:09

yup plug in the battery which is fully charged
    pull the trigger nothing happens
    sometimes you can hear what sounds like arcing in the trigger contacts
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 14.03.11 21:10

pull the motor out and pull the trigger again with the motor connected just to see if the gb is locked up.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 14.03.11 21:21

take it to airdog... tell rhino i sent ya... Laughing
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 15.03.11 12:35

The same thing happend when I took out the motor
    It fired once on semi and then stopped shooting
    (Also the gun has no fuse)
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.03.11 14:15

RIP wrote:The same thing happend when I took out the motor
    It fired once on semi and then stopped shooting
    (Also the gun has no fuse)

The gun fired when the motor was out? lol when you take it out does the motor spin?
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 15.03.11 14:27

can't diagnose until you take it apart. a broken trigger contact return spring can cause it. a loose solder on the trigger assemble can also be a cause. hard to tell without opening up the gear box. since you live in fayetteville, you can stop by and i can help you open it up and diagnose it. i should have enough spare parts to repair it. btw, i don't charge to fix AEG's. if you can pic up a mosfet from reed, i can wire it up for you. trigger contacts can be cleaned. if it's melted, i have a few spares to replace it.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.03.11 14:32

-a|ex wrote:can't diagnose until you take it apart. a broken trigger contact return spring can cause it. a loose solder on the trigger assemble can also be a cause. hard to tell without opening up the gear box. since you live in fayetteville, you can stop by and i can help you open it up and diagnose it. i should have enough spare parts to repair it. btw, i don't charge to fix AEG's. if you can pic up a mosfet from reed, i can wire it up for you. trigger contacts can be cleaned. if it's melted, i have a few spares to replace it.

A broken return spring would just make the plunger stick and if it was in full auto the gun would fire on full auto non stop and you would have to smack the gun the make the plunger jump out lol
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 15.03.11 15:28

(My bad) the motor spins once or twice when I tested it outside the the motor grip
    The motor I'm using is a matrix magnum (it looks pretty beat up)
    But when I did the same test with my stock G&G motor(which is brand new)
    It worked just fine.
    Could my motor be burned out?

Thanks for the offer Alex I might take you up on that at a later date
    I really need to see how to properly work on a gearbox
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 15.03.11 15:38

That's what it sounds like
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.03.11 15:43

RIP wrote:(My bad) the motor spins once or twice when I tested it outside the the motor grip
    The motor I'm using is a matrix magnum (it looks pretty beat up)
    But when I did the same test with my stock G&G motor(which is brand new)
    It worked just fine.
    Could my motor be burned out?

Thanks for the offer Alex I might take you up on that at a later date
    I really need to see how to properly work on a gearbox

That is definately the problem. Either your armature is burnt up and you have too much resistance on the motor or your brushes need to be replaced.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 15.03.11 16:08

#CW!!ZERO wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:can't diagnose until you take it apart. a broken trigger contact return spring can cause it. a loose solder on the trigger assemble can also be a cause. hard to tell without opening up the gear box. since you live in fayetteville, you can stop by and i can help you open it up and diagnose it. i should have enough spare parts to repair it. btw, i don't charge to fix AEG's. if you can pic up a mosfet from reed, i can wire it up for you. trigger contacts can be cleaned. if it's melted, i have a few spares to replace it.

A broken return spring would just make the plunger stick and if it was in full auto the gun would fire on full auto non stop and you would have to smack the gun the make the plunger jump out lol

a broken return spring will prevent the contacts from resetting after the cutoff lever disconnects it (pops it off the contacts). i've replaced a broken return spring that had that symptom. but if it's just the motor, that's an easy fix.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 12:17