Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
cykotik1
xyzpdq0121
6 posters

Glock Help

xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Glock Help Empty Glock Help

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.03.11 12:12

Ok so I am having problems with my two Glocks and I am wondering if anyone can help. I am a total n00b when it comes to servicing guns but I am trying to learn. Both of these Glocks have been in storage for years.

First up is my KSC Glock 26C: At first it would not fire at all. Fill up with green gas, pull the trigger and nothing. Well after some slide pulls and what not I could get it to fire but only on full auto. I think the selector switch was stuck on saftey before and now is stuck on full auto. I can switch it to single fire (although some times it does not want to go there) but still fires on full. While this is a cool effect, with only a 20 round mag it will clear the mag in 1.25 seconds of a trigger pull. Smile

Second is my KJW Glock 23: It fired for the first few rounds and then let out all the gas in one burst. Now I can get one round off and it empties the gas.

Any ideas on either of these?!? Anyone in the Gwinnett, Dekalb, Conyers/covington area that can show me how to take them apart and fix them? I would take them in for service to Rhino or S.S., but I would really like to learn how to take them apart and do this "minor" stuff myself. (plus that and I am cheap and $65 service fee per gun is the price of a new gun! Wink )
    cykotik1
    cykotik1

Glock Help Empty Re: Glock Help

Post  cykotik1 28.03.11 12:23

I'm kinda close to the Conyers/DeKalb area. I can show you how to take them down. As far as fixing the problem......I'm having a combination of issues with my KSC G26c. I won't be available until Friday morning to show.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.03.11 12:34

Ya I know where Ellenwood is. That might work. Friday can't work but I will be going over that way Sunday maybe if you got some time.
    cykotik1
    cykotik1

Post  cykotik1 28.03.11 12:51

Sunday before 3 is good for me.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 28.03.11 17:40

If you haven't properly lubed the slide and moving parts that might be your first step. The KWA sounds like its not properly siliconed so its not making the transition from semi to full correctly.

The KJW is having a problem that my old KWA G19 had, the firing pin is getting stuck after you pull the trigger which is what engages the button on the back of the mag releasing all the gas when it gets stuck. I don't know how to fix this but you may need a new firing pin or it could just be getting blocked due to mis alignment, poor quality, not lubricated, or dirt/crap is blocking its path. I would do some research on how to disassemble and take care of your glocks by the use of silicone and then see if that helps anything.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.03.11 18:07

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:If you haven't properly lubed the slide and moving parts that might be your first step. The KWA sounds like its not properly siliconed so its not making the transition from semi to full correctly.

The KJW is having a problem that my old KWA G19 had, the firing pin is getting stuck after you pull the trigger which is what engages the button on the back of the mag releasing all the gas when it gets stuck. I don't know how to fix this but you may need a new firing pin or it could just be getting blocked due to mis alignment, poor quality, not lubricated, or dirt/crap is blocking its path. I would do some research on how to disassemble and take care of your glocks by the use of silicone and then see if that helps anything.

Thanks for the tips NAP. I will spray both down with some silicone oil tonight and see if that helps anything.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 28.03.11 18:26

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:If you haven't properly lubed the slide and moving parts that might be your first step. The KWA sounds like its not properly siliconed so its not making the transition from semi to full correctly.

I can show you how to completely disassble a kwa semi auto glock. be cautious before you take out the firing assemble(hammer firing pin, spring etc.) i have heard it is very very hard to get back in. but if you do want to do this, just dissassembly everything by hand, then get a pointy object like a thin nail and take out the takedown pins in the glock.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 28.03.11 18:57

ownage1 wrote:

I can show you how to completely disassble a kwa semi auto glock. be cautious before you take out the firing assemble(hammer firing pin, spring etc.) i have heard it is very very hard to get back in. but if you do want to do this, just dissassembly everything by hand, then get a pointy object like a thin nail and take out the takedown pins in the glock.
    its rather simple compared to other takedowns, just be careful take it slow and don't make any mistakes reassembly.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 30.03.11 8:54

Sprayed down both Glocks with silicone oil yesterday and it did not fix the issues. So looks like a tear down is in order! Add this to the list of things to do which include figuring out if the wiring is bad in my G3 or the motor went in it! Mad
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 30.03.11 19:45

I swear by silicon lube, spray is ok but not as thick as lube i always lube all moving parts( AVOIDING THE HOP RUBBER ) inside & out. I use propane so i also put a few drops in the adaptor to keep the O rings lubed i do maintenance(CLEANING THEN LUBING) every few hundred rounds, after ahard day of gaming or just bi monthly.
    Take care of your weapons & they will take care of you
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 30.03.11 21:54

the second glock is most likely the floater valvue. The stock ones are plastic and break easily i would recomend the airsoft surgeon metal replacement.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 15:19