Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
just some kid
Twitch
MGA-Doc
7 posters

Where do you store your lipo batteries?

MGA-Doc

Where do you store your lipo batteries? Empty Where do you store your lipo batteries?

Post  MGA-Doc 28.08.11 21:36

Lipo fires are well documented on r/c forums, with some forums documenting hundreds of confirmed instances of fire. Posts like this document house fires in which the owner was lucky to get out alive: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1202291

This issue isn't discussed on airsoft boards to the degree that it is in the r/c world. I am not here to debate the danger of lipos -- you should evaluate the evidence for yourself and make your own conclusion.

I don't trust indoor storage of lipos, and wouldn't put my family at risk doing that. Do any of you all store your lipos outdoors, and if so, how do you do it? I do have an outdoor shed well away from the house that I could house a fireproof, waterproof container in, but the Georgia summer heat would probably destroy the batteries. How do you all store them safely?
    Twitch
    Twitch

Where do you store your lipo batteries? Empty Re: Where do you store your lipo batteries?

Post  Twitch 28.08.11 22:01

I store them inside....in one of the pouches on my vest....
    just some kid
    just some kid

Where do you store your lipo batteries? Empty Re: Where do you store your lipo batteries?

Post  just some kid 28.08.11 22:09

i put mine next to the charger inside or inside a pouch on my pc or sometimes just leave them in my gun. on a side not is leaving your lipo in your gun bad?
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 28.08.11 22:23

I store them in my wood crate next to my gas cans, fireworks, and important documents.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 29.08.11 0:02

superchrisguy wrote:I store them in my wood crate next to my gas cans, fireworks, and important documents.

LoL...

if airsoft LiPo's are that much of a worry, just store em in a cheapo fireproof lock box.
    the r/c guys are running 6S LiPo's. ask Flippa what ever happened to his puffed up LiPo.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 29.08.11 16:49

I store mine in my bathroom.
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 29.08.11 18:10

I run an RC race track and have seen many lipo "malfuntions".
    If you count puffed batterys, Ive seen hundreds.
    Lipos are safe.
    The danger is trying to charge a damaged cell, or discharge off a damaged cell.
    Most smartchargers nowadays will recognize damage and not charge.
    Only once EVER saw a Lipo spontaneously combust. But It had just came fresh off a charger.
    There is no need to go overboard on storage. The fire they cause when they go, although hot, is not large, and is easily extinguished. Store them in a metal bucket or box, that's it.

When battery puff, toss it. I got guys at the racetrack that have $300 in one battery. Its tough. But in our guns, if youre spending more than $25,.. ...

Lipos are great. Just dont abuse them, always charge on a modern smartcharger, check them after each game, and store in a metal container.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 09.05.24 18:25