Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Twitch
wolf six
6 posters

Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up

wolf six

Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up Empty Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up

Post  wolf six 03.10.11 13:31

So the vest is actually really nice, has lots of MOLLE space, the only problem i have with it is that it sits higher than i like. The bottom om my vest is flush with my belly button, i prefer a vest to sit at my belt line.

Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up 100_3177Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up 100_3175Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up 100_3178Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up 100_3174
    The neck guard prevents you from looking down, but its good for taking a nap while standing Razz .
    your range of motion is uninhibited for the most part aside from looking behind you. The vest doesn't feel heavy at all, because it isnt; its light and easy to move around in
    Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up 100_3173Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up 100_3172

Last edited by wolf six on 13.11.11 14:12; edited 2 times in total
    Twitch
    Twitch

Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up Empty Re: Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up

Post  Twitch 03.10.11 21:07

NO NO NO NO. Stay far away from that thing. Trust me. I have seen those before and they are very cheaply made. I have seen them fall apart, literally.

At least go with condor if your on a budget. And if your looking for under 80 for uniform and pouches, your not going to get it unless you get some woodland or something. Uniforms alone are probably going to cost you around 80, while pouches are probably going to cost at least around 50 even if you get Condor pouches.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up Empty Re: Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up

Post  NJSC 03.10.11 22:47

I'd heed Twitches advice. He has an unhealthy obsession with gear. We tried to have an intervention... well that's how we lost half of Dagger.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 04.10.11 16:01

NJSC wrote:I'd heed Twitches advice. He has an unhealthy obsession with gear. We tried to have an intervention... well that's how we lost half of Dagger.

You can take my freedom, BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MAH GEAR!
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 04.10.11 16:59

you can get this in black
    i just got one for venom(did not get to use it much)
    they have them at forest park army/navy for around $75 otd
    and you can try them on before you buy
    http://www.fparmynavy.com/categories/Shop-By-Category/Condor/Condor-Vests%2C-Jackets%2C-and-Plate-Carriers/
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 04.10.11 23:12

Get a TAG Phalanx, Eagle UCR, or similar rig in Coyote Brown and then get M81 Woodland BDU's.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 05.10.11 7:49

Dont get a chest rig. Get a TAG Banshee. http://www.opticsplanet.net/tactical-assault-gear-banshee-rifle-plate-carrier.html

One of the best carriers on the market for the price.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 05.10.11 10:22

Twitch wrote:Dont get a chest rig. Get a TAG Banshee. http://www.opticsplanet.net/tactical-assault-gear-banshee-rifle-plate-carrier.html

That looks like a fancier version of what i have, but i don't have gun money to spend on a vest. It looks really good though

@poopdaddy- which vest? your link was just to condor vests

@NJSC- advise from expertise is something i have learned to head very readily

it sucks if the vest is crap i really wanted to wear it for zombie fest Sad
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 05.10.11 10:36

wolf six wrote:
    Twitch wrote:Dont get a chest rig. Get a TAG Banshee. http://www.opticsplanet.net/tactical-assault-gear-banshee-rifle-plate-carrier.html

That looks like a fancier version of what i have, but i don't have gun money to spend on a vest. It looks really good though

this one
    http://www.fparmynavy.com/products/Condor-Modular-Plate-Carrier.html
    MSG Ridgeway
    MSG Ridgeway

Post  MSG Ridgeway 05.10.11 10:41

poopdaddy wrote:
    wolf six wrote:

this one
    http://www.fparmynavy.com/products/Condor-Modular-Plate-Carrier.html
    This is the one i have dusty, and i believe poop runs a black one. I say buy it. you wont look back.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 05.10.11 15:35

If your on a budget, go condor. Dont be surprised if it rips or comes un-stitched, but you stand a heck of a lot better chance with condor than you do with other china brands.

As if to prove my point look at this picture. You notice that (from the top) the 2nd-5th rows have areas where the stitching on the webbing is COMPLETELY MISSING. Go ahead and look at it. Its not the lighting or anything, cus you can see the rest of the webbing is clearly stitched to the vest. And these are the advertising pictures, so imagine what piece of junk they would end up shipping to you!
    Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up Vest_MTX_MOLLE_PM_O-2-lg
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 05.10.11 21:35

Twitch wrote:If your on a budget, go condor. Dont be surprised if it rips or comes un-stitched, but you stand a heck of a lot better chance with condor than you do with other china brands.

As if to prove my point look at this picture. You notice that (from the top) the 2nd-5th rows have areas where the stitching on the webbing is COMPLETELY MISSING. Go ahead and look at it. Its not the lighting or anything, cus you can see the rest of the webbing is clearly stitched to the vest. And these are the advertising pictures, so imagine what piece of junk they would end up shipping to you!
    Help with vest and camo: UPDATE! vest is in pics are up Vest_MTX_MOLLE_PM_O-2-lg
    wow affraid
    you should get a job in quality control good eye
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 20.10.11 17:16

ok so the vest is in transit now and should be here by 10/26/11, i spent $35 and got 6 double m4 mag pouches for it. They are condor and north star tactical. i also got a dump pouch all in coyote .
    so yeah i can get pouches for cheap
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 21.10.11 21:55

which vest did you get?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 23:19