Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
Zombie
MSG Ridgeway
Miracle
flipa
Blackhawk 5
Eon_Blue
10 posters

Music! What are you guys into?

Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Music! What are you guys into? - Page 2 Empty Re: Music! What are you guys into?

Post  Eon_Blue 02.11.11 17:29

^^To each his own guys! Very Happy
    Zombie
    Zombie

Music! What are you guys into? - Page 2 Empty Re: Music! What are you guys into?

Post  Zombie 02.11.11 18:23

TrunkMonkey wrote:Not stoner chill, i dont really like that stuff. So I guess I shouldn't have said slightly. But like John butler trio, black keys, OAR, my morning jacket.

My morning jaket is a great band, one of my favorites
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 02.11.11 18:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INWZ1Y8DL4

Jammin' to this!

British thrash! Good stuff, Onslaught is a great band
    Asia7th
    Asia7th

Post  Asia7th 02.11.11 19:14

Classic rock, Alternative, Metal, and some jazz
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 02.11.11 20:20

Jazz musicians are awesome! I really like jazz drummers..especially if thrown into the mix with a few metal musicians..fantastic music is made! Old Megadeth is a perfect example..RIP Gar Samuelson Sad
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 02.11.11 22:00

I no longer listen to music, but when I did I was fortunate enough to see some of the all-time metal greats at the very heights of their powers:

Notable concerts:
    Ozzy-Diary of a Madman- and Randy Rhoads final performance- yeah
    Bark at the Moon
    Stevie Ray Vaughan- less than 100 in audience
    Van Halen- DiverDown
    Rush- Moving Pictures
    Signals
    Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
    Piece of Mind
    Powerslave
    Judas Priest- Screaming for Vengence
    Defenders of the Faith
    Def Leppard- With Arm
    Without Arm
    Motley Crue- Shout at the Devil
    Theatre of Pain
    Steve Vai with Davil Lee Roth- 1985?
    Scorpions- Love at First Sting
    Metallica- Ride the Lightning
    Master of Puppets
    Ministry- Psalms 69 -(chance of mosh pit? LoL!)

Thoughout the early and mid 80s I saw everybody I ever wanted to see except Malmsteen and George Lynch (Dokken).
    After the fake metal hairspray bands (Cinderella, Warrant, ect, ect..) absolutely ruined the genre....and Guns and Roses tried to be the bridge to Grunge (and in a way they were)... but that was it for me...when metal died...*sniff*

The only thing that has remotely moved my needle in the last 10 or more years are two bands I stumbled on playing "guitar Hero" a few years back:
    Priestess and Muse. Not to say I would pay a dime for their crap, but it was the only thing new I could halfway stomach.

Way back I also saw some of the very earliest Hip-Hop tours like Beastie Boys (Licensed to Ill), Run DMC, LL Cool J, Fat Boys....
    Nowadays I wouldnt go to a Rap concert or anything without a plate carrier and a locked and loaded M4. Even then....LoL!

Post  Guest 03.11.11 0:10

Music! What are you guys into? - Page 2 Nofun10
    Eon_Blue
    Eon_Blue

Post  Eon_Blue 03.11.11 17:19

I will say this in all honesty. I am truly jealous that you got to see Randy Rhoads perform, one of my top 3 favorites, and a huge inspiration to me musically(That's why I play a Jackson RR3. RIP Randy!). Super jealous of you seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan as well, although I don't play blues..I love the aggressive Texas blues he played, RIP Stevie!

Maiden is one of my favorite bands, and would love to go see them someday! Number of the Beast is their most popular album, however I think Fear Of The Dark and Powerslave were both very under appreciated, as well as Piece Of Mind.

Priest..nothing bad to ever say about them. Metal gods.

Def Leppard and Motley Crue, used to love their music when I was a kid. Haha, two of the only "glam bands" I really enjoyed, next to Whitesnake.

Steve Vai, fantastic guitarist. The most creative with effects, out of the big "shredders", Satriani, Malmsteen, Gilbert, Lynch, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Scorpions, Rudolf and Michael Schenker are some of the most influential guitarists to ever come from Europe, and The Scorpions are just a classic band that anyone and everyone can appreciate!

Metallica, I'm jealous that you got to see them in their prime. Ride The Lightning. Was their best album by far, and nothing they made since then came close to the quality of metal they produced back in 1986.

Honestly though, there are some newer bands out there that are unheard of by a ton of people..if you'd like to listen to some of the "GOOD" new metal, I can PM you a list of sub-genres, bands, and description for each band. Very Happy

<3 Music. Haha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 16:12