Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Moving Interactive target practice

philsaudio
    philsaudio

Moving Interactive target practice  Empty Moving Interactive target practice

Post  philsaudio 08.01.12 18:12

Tired of shooting paper targets in my basement.

Made this for my indoor 7 yard range. Gotta hold it steady and pull the trigger at the right time or the bell wont ding.

The movement was a cat toy my kid bought my cat long ago. I knew I would find some other use for it some day and here it is.

Moving interactive target
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Moving Interactive target practice  Empty Re: Moving Interactive target practice

Post  -a|ex 08.01.12 19:36

try hitting a stationary can at 100 feet while walking or running. either on semi-auto or select fire. it's very hard, but good practice. first start off at 50 feet until you get used to holding your AEG steady.

once you get good at it, try switching to the other hand.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Moving Interactive target practice  Empty different kind of aiming

Post  philsaudio 09.01.12 19:15

-a|ex wrote:try hitting a stationary can at 100 feet while walking or running. either on semi-auto or select fire. it's very hard, but good practice. first start off at 50 feet until you get used to holding your AEG steady.

once you get good at it, try switching to the other hand.

Thanks for the tip. I will do that.

That kind of practice, shooting while running uses a different kind of aiming. What I can practice with my little get up is aiming through the sights and pulling the trigger when the target is in or coming into the sights. I like to play one shot one kill or as close as I can to that. This requires aiming at the target and using movement and the element of surprise to win.

Running and shooting is valid in a game, however it should not be confused with aiming using the sights of the gun. Sending a white stream of bbs to the target and controlling that stream, walking it to the target does not require the sights or aiming at all. Good to practice and useful but not the same as using the sights to aim.

To be more like the real thing, use black or green BBs and see how well you do aiming without the sights while running.

When the foliage comes out again I can do that. Now my neighbors can see and hear me so I have to keep it at 7 yards in the basement and take an occasional shot outdoors and come back in.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Moving Interactive target practice  Empty Re: Moving Interactive target practice

Post  NJSC 10.01.12 10:22

bet the wife likes this better than you practicing with paintballs in the basement.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 11.01.12 15:59

NJSC wrote:bet the wife likes this better than you practicing with paintballs in the basement.

When I played paintball I lived in Los Angeles and we had no basement. But between my son and I there was always the hint of a paintball washed off a wall or furniture, where a loaded PB gun fired in the house. What a mess those things are. I can still taste it on my JT mask that has been in the attic for 15 years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 7:47