Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

SRC G36C Review

philsaudio
    philsaudio

SRC G36C Review Empty SRC G36C Review

Post  philsaudio 24.01.12 17:36

SRC G36C Review
    Purchased this gun on Evike for $155.—on sale from $170 http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29712

Ordered it on Tuesday night and received it one week later, on Tuesday morning, in Atlanta since I only paid for UPS ground shipping. I could have used a free shipping coupon but instead I used a coupon code that I found with Google and got 20% off on the entire order.

Since the write up on Evike’s site specifically excluded the battery and charger I ordered a 9.6V NiCad small battery and smart charger too. Since the web site specified one magazine I ordered a second. All this and a$0.99 springer were packed in a long box on top of the rifle with a little paper to fill some extra space. The packing worked but I was not impressed. The battery was just sliding around in the box.

What a surprise when I opened the box and found the rifle came with two 450 round hi-cap magazines as well as a 8.2 V, 1200mAh, nun chuck SRC brand small battery and wall wart charger. The rifle also came with a barrel cleaner/ unjammer, a manual and a hundred BB’s.

I played paintball for years but not lately and just got my first GBB pistol a few weeks ago. I played a few CQB games last week but never fired an airsoft rifle before. I chose the G36 because it seemed to be the one airsoft model that I could aim with a full face mask on. Upon trying to sight it with the mask on and actually shooting it I am still left wanting. I have an old ADCO Mirage dot-sight from the paintball days that will go on the rifle next.

I put the 9.6V 1600mAh NIMH battery in, loaded up some 0.20gram golden ball BBs into mag, wound her up and fired a few rounds over my shooting Chrony where it shot consistently 321- 328 FPS on semi auto, and a little hotter, 333 FPS on full auto. With the fully charged battery supplied with the rifle 8.2VDC 1200 mAh (I think it is a NiCad because it was shipped discharged) battery and 0.20 g BBs it shot 270- 306 FPS. On auto it fires nice bursts with a quick trigger pull and sprays BBs with the trigger held down average 285FPS. With the 9.6VDC 1600MAH battery the ROF measured with CUEBASE digital audio workstation is 17.8 RPS.

The rifle seems pretty solid overall, the trigger is full metal. I think this is more of an issue with AEGs in general, but to me, it seems the trigger pull does not always coincide with the BB leaving the barrel like it does with the GBB pistol I have. The selector switch moves more like a knob without a definite click to the three positions. I guess you need to look at the position to tell where you are or fire and see what happens. Once in the very few shots I tested today (less than 500BB) I noticed it sometimes wanted to burst fire while in semi auto mode. This only happened a couple of times but it is enough to get you thrown out of a semi auto only game.

I took it outdoors for a few test shots. At approximately 100’ I needed to turn the hop up what seemed like three quarters of a turn to get it to shoot straight. The hop up is very easily adjusted with your finger. I don’t have a place to range it in that far, but I can hit a flower pot easily at 130 feet semi mode with the standing with the metal sights either with the stock open or folded. But I can make that shot aiming with my KWA ATP pistol too. Holding it like Rambo I can follow the BBs to hit a 1” wind-chime pipe in semi or full spray mode at 25’ in the basement. After a little practice in semi mode I could get that pipe on the second shot in Rambo position.

The Matrix 470 Round Magazine ($12.00 ) Evike sold me does not seem to feed as well as the two supplied SRC mags. The spring seems weaker but I really need to use it more before I criticize it . All three mags fit tight and feed well. The rifle seems solid and only the BBs rattle.

I can’t wait to take it to SSAirsoft and test it out Saturday.

Pro’s
    • All that stuff they say in these reviews in the links below
    • 2 - two Hi CAP magazines supplied
    • 8.4VDC small battery supplied
    • Wall Wart charger supplied
    • Low 300's velocity is suitable for CQB
    • Nice 17.8 RPS rate of fire

Cons
    • In full spray mode it makes this noise---whoopee!!!! – oh wait that’s me ;>)

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tmnwck1Ds
    Pictorial http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Star-Rainbow-Corp-G36c-V-t140674.html

Last edited by philsaudio on 29.01.12 0:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add rate of fire)
    TunasTwins

SRC G36C Review Empty Re: SRC G36C Review

Post  TunasTwins 03.02.12 18:49

the 30lb. pumpkin I brought over never had a chance.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 04.02.12 10:59

Introducing Naki.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 20:11